My Soxfest adventure

Guest wsc425

clue 1: thewre was no line at all to get in the garage sale on Friday at 5:55, when I got into SoxFest.

clue 2: walking inside, there was f***ing nothing.

I bought the only jersey they had that was under $50 (and it was $25, the one I wore Saturday), and it didn't take long for the $50-$100 jerseys to go either since there were maybe 5 at most.

Last year's garage sale was so great, so well stocked, and this one had nothing, and on top of that, I thought the people who took the money were rude and unhelpful too.  I had to ask for a certificate of authenticity for my Comiskey seat slats and the rest of my dealings with them I am not going to go into.

What was there?

I am interested if there is like 25$-50$ autograph items, could you tell me what could be in that price range? (I am willing to go over a little bit.)

I bought a lineup card from the Sox-Expos game on 6/6 for $50 mainly because nothing else really appealed to me. Had I been feeling extra saucy, I would have bought a ball signed by Royce Clayton for $10. They had almost as many of those as they did Belle jerseys.

I got a Belle autograph and I'll never forget it. I think it was right after he signed his new deal. It was the first time I was ever at spring training and he just started signing so I ran down and waited behind like 4 people. The person in front of me had an Indians hat on and an Indian card. He refused to sign it for him and then got all upset and swore at the guy. I was all worried thinking he was going to be an ass to all.

I get up there and he was a really cool nice guy. He just told me he didn't like the Indians, but was excited to be on the Sox.

Guest hotsoxchick1
how the hell did I miss the Royce autographed balls - I would have bought 2!  damn it!

you mean you dont already have a pair of his autographed balls?????? :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
no, just his autograph on the scorecard that I got from him in the dogout on Memorial Day last year, that day that I got into the park way early.

I think it is all of Frank's ex's who got his balls otherwise.

oh yeah im sure she has a set on ice..........lol............