My Soxfest adventure

Guest wsc425

I hope you guys took my advice on the back entrance. Ok, if you knew were the Valet Parking was in the East Garage, then you should have gone down those stairs, looked for the opening of the room, and then of gone in, sat down near the chairs, and didn't get up and do anything. Near the start of people coming down, you should have gotten in the line you wanted. Thats what I did for Borchard and my Dad and bro did to get Konerko and Magglio.

As for my expirienced.

After that, I went and stayed near the ESPN Mac, Jurko, and Harry broadcast, where I got Rowand, Wunsch, and Farmer. Then I followed Wunsch because I didn't get his at the ESPN station. There I looked in my backpack looked up, and all of the sudden I heard a lady say, "OMG, look whos here!" It was Billy Koch. I got an autograph on the bat, a ball and some cards. The Sox better not trade Wunsch or release him, because Wunsch and Koch seem to be good friends. Both were joking around, having a good time, it was great.

Then we had to go to this drawing place with funny heads and it was like 8. So we rushed up stairs and saw the KW interview.

Then disaster struck...we had lost Magglio and Konerko's pictured autographs...we went back, to every place we went to last night, and sure enough it was gone. Luckally, we had our bat signed by Ordonez, and Konerko. And we have like 10 at home, but still, I hope the lucky gentleman or woman who finds it takes care of it.

Despite that, I had a great time. Thank you for reading this.

if you saw the forum with KW, JM, Rick Hahn the asst GM and hosting by DJ, I was the guy you said that MB should be offered the contract he has earned.

Wished I could have met you.

I understand that Rick Hahn is still pissed off at me!

Jerry Manuel had to slap Hahn in the head 3 times to wake him up. No wonder we never hear from him. he's a little tool and had a weak retort to your question. He'll remember you at the park. lol

RPS, he was dozing in another session I saw him in but he got all animated and angry when I made my comment about offering MB the contract he deserves - maybe you were sittiing too far back to see his face but he just glared at me (cubbyhubby's opinion) for the rest of that session.

yeah, I think he will remember me - thank God I have HSC, you, and the Mikes to cover my back! (Can't count on baggio since he is the neck brace! :D )

RPS, he was dozing in another session I saw him in but he got all animated and angry when I made my comment about offering MB the contract he deserves - maybe you were sittiing too far back to see his face but he just glared at me (cubbyhubby's opinion) for the rest of that session.

yeah, I think he will remember me -  thank God I have HSC, you, and the Mikes to cover my back!  (Can't count on baggio since he is the neck brace!  :D )

He knows better then to f*** with SnR! :headbang

If he ever tuned in, he'd realize it the jerry springer show uncut. lol

Ahhhhhhh............ I'm putting together SnR intros now . Trying to track down all teh highlights and put them on the site so people can have some memories of last year. Damn that was so fun last year. i cant wait to start it up again. I talked to JoeyRehab (joebatters) We're going to bring him back , but he knows he's going to catch hell all season long. He's sober now and doing well.

yeah, I think he will remember me -  thank God I have HSC, you, and the Mikes to cover my back!  (Can't count on baggio since he is the neck brace!  :D )

Ahhhhhhh............ I'm putting together SnR intros now . Trying to track down all teh highlights and put them on the site so people can have some memories of last year. Damn that was so fun last year. i cant wait to start it up again. I talked to JoeyRehab (joebatters) We're going to bring him back , but he knows he's going to catch hell all season long. He's sober now and doing well.

MB does deserve a better contract. He pitched outstanding baseball especially last season and he could have had a lot more wins if our offense wasn't so prone to playing "corpseball". It's only fair that MB get adequate cash for being one of the key players. But, as has been mentioned before, Uncle Jerry isn't too prone to giving out lots of cash for pitchers...I really hope that they'll give MB more $$ especially if he puts up the same kind of numbers like he did last year that made him an All-Star. To not pay him adequate cash is f***ing highway robbery.

This year is gonna f***ing rock this year. No 'Trash Brothers' rotting in the bottom of the lineup...man, it's going to be evil with the 1-2 punch of MB and Colon and the pretty strong pen we have going for us along with a f***ing powerful lineup. Teams are going to s*** themselves, I can't wait til we run away with the division. :D

SnR this year is going to be so f***ing great. I can't wait for it to start up again either. Woo. Go Sox! We are going to kick some f***ing ass this season!.

yeah, I think he will remember me -  thank God I have HSC, you, and the Mikes to cover my back!  (Can't count on baggio since he is the neck brace!  :D )

Its great to hear Joebatters is doing better. Hope to hear all ya guys doing Sox games real soon.

Hey RPS,

Here's an idea for the intro and closing songs...

Open up with Metallica's "Enter Sandman." Part of the song goes "Exit light, enter night!" Well, aren't the Sox gonna be taking the light out of everyone they face this year?

Close with Godsmack's "I stand alone." This song signifies that the Sox will stand alone as the victors at the end of the night. It also signifies that the Sox will stand alone as the World Series champions this year.

Hey RPS,

Open up with Metallica's "Enter Sandman." Part of the song goes "Exit light, enter night!" Well, aren't the Sox gonna be taking the light out of everyone they face this year?

Close with Godsmack's "I stand alone." This song signifies that the Sox will stand alone as the victors at the end of the night. It also signifies that the Sox will stand alone as the World Series champions this year.

you know what's funny those are the EXACT songs the Angels play at their games, the go on the field to "Enter Sandman" and when Troy Percival comes out to "I Stand Alone" when he comes in to close. :D

:o Well I knew it would happen.. after all we skipped lunch Friday.. :D

Got there about 6ish.. the line was soooo long. Met our neighbors and ran into the store to buy a few beers to drink in line. And, of course, the minute we opened them, the line moved at the speed of light. Leaving us to down all 6 beers in about 4 minutes. Got in, got another beer. So needless to say.. before we even boarded the escilator (sp?) down, I was feeling pretttty darn good :-) Did the usual walk around and Ooo'ing and Ahh'ing. Went into the Q & A at 8 with KW & company. I swear I recognized many of you (we were sitting 2 rows behind the 1st microphone - where there first guy to ask "A" question asked 5). I thought the MB appearance was planned and retarded. If he was going to come in at all, he could have stayed longer than 10 seconds. He was getting a ovation.. and he just walked out. IMO, it was rude. But anyway. We scooted out of there as DJ said they were only taking a few more questions.. made our way to the bar to get a table.

We had quite a group going there for a while. I think there was 7 or 8 of us. I lost count after the 5th or 6th Cosmo :rolleyes: . Some pictures were taken :o , so I'm sure the'll be circulating soon. I'm sorry I missed you guys on Saturday morning, but Jim finally caught the cold I've been fighting and being out drinking late the night before was not a good thing. Are there any plans for getting together before the start of the season? If not.. how about opening day at Jimbo's?

Anyway, hope everyone had a great time.

yeah, I think he will remember me -  thank God I have HSC, you, and the Mikes to cover my back!  (Can't count on baggio since he is the neck brace!  :D )

What, I wouldn't cover your back?

Your being there goes without saying!

You are the guy supreme!

(sorry, it was late and I was tired and not thinking - hope all went well with why you went home - my emails to you keep bouncing back - send me another and see if I can figure out what is going on)

Your being there goes without saying!

You are the guy supreme!

(sorry, it was late and I was tired and not thinking - hope all went well with why you went home - my emails to you keep bouncing back - send me another and see if I can figure out what is going on)

I will send you one when I get home. I must have left that anti-redwing filter on my email.

Hey RPS,

you know what's funny those are the EXACT songs the Angels play at their games, the go on the field to "Enter Sandman" and when Troy Percival comes out to "I Stand Alone" when he comes in to close. :D

Yep, I was gonna say the same thing. I've gotten so used to hearing enter sandman, especially.

Guest hotsoxchick1

cw dont worry i got everyones back.......not a problem.....steff.. we do an opening day tailgate in the park... we get there usually around 3 hours before game time and get in and do our cooking and drinking there... its a big production so you have to come there... better than what jimbos can ever do thats for sure..........and you never know who will show up... btw was it me or did this years garage sale suck to the max???????where the hell are all the jerseys at?????i hope the one at comiskey is much better this march.........or ill be pissed......... :headbang

clue 1: thewre was no line at all to get in the garage sale on Friday at 5:55, when I got into SoxFest.

clue 2: walking inside, there was f***ing nothing.

I bought the only jersey they had that was under $50 (and it was $25, the one I wore Saturday), and it didn't take long for the $50-$100 jerseys to go either since there were maybe 5 at most.

Last year's garage sale was so great, so well stocked, and this one had nothing, and on top of that, I thought the people who took the money were rude and unhelpful too. I had to ask for a certificate of authenticity for my Comiskey seat slats and the rest of my dealings with them I am not going to go into.

I thought the garage sale was a bit light this year, too. But I didn't go last year so it didn't effect me too much. I did however notice that there were some rude vendors there. I tried asking a few questions about the All Star merchandise and unless I wanted to know about the $1500 jacket.. they barely looked my way.

Also.. HSC.. We don't go to Jimbo's because they "do" anything. We simply met there to have a few beers. The tailgating sounds like fun. Should be able to make it this year with the game being at 3 so I'll plan on it. Thanks for the invite.

this year's garage sale sucked to the max, to the ultimate max.

That's because Jerry is saving as much as he can with the name "Comiskey" on it. In a few years the prices will triple. And if they ever put green seats in that park, the blue ones will go for 500.00 a piece. So i dont know why in the hell they give us the crap that it would cost 4 mill to replace them. they will get just about all their money back if not more by selling the old ones.

clue 1: thewre was no line at all to get in the garage sale on Friday at 5:55, when I got into SoxFest.

clue 2: walking inside, there was f***ing nothing.

I bought the only jersey they had that was under $50 (and it was $25, the one I wore Saturday), and it didn't take long for the $50-$100 jerseys to go either since there were maybe 5 at most.

Last year's garage sale was so great, so well stocked, and this one had nothing, and on top of that, I thought the people who took the money were rude and unhelpful too.  I had to ask for a certificate of authenticity for my Comiskey seat slats and the rest of my dealings with them I am not going to go into.

What was there?

I am interested if there is like 25$-50$ autograph items, could you tell me what could be in that price range? (I am willing to go over a little bit.)

That's because Jerry is saving as much as he can with the name "Comiskey" on it. In a few years the prices will triple.

f***ing A, I never thought of that - you have got to absolutely right. Last year there were more racks of game worn jersies than I can count in my memory, and they reloaded sometime on Saturday, and in all kinds of price ranges $25-$125, and then a bunch, bunch more of higher priced ones

And they had every other type thing too - patches, scarves, head bands, cards, pins, old give away items, and all of this in quantity, gees I can't remember everything. The lines were always about a 30 minute or more wait to get in. And it took forever to cruise.

This year, no lines, no merchandise, and it took 3 minutes to look at everything, because it was nothing. Of course half the garage sale was devoted to All Star Game merchandise, and that was all display cases, not much real All Star stuff as much as display cases.

And RPS, you hit it right on the head, has to be the reason.

unless I wanted to know about the $1500 jacket.. they barely looked my way.

So you didn't buy the Albert Belle autographed stuff? :D

I already have everything Sox autographed by Albert... and would be willing to part with it for much less than they wanted for it :D

Serious here.. we're talking game used bats, jerseys. Rookie cards, You name it, I have it.