Broadcast News

Starting Tuesday and going through Thursday, Boers and Bernstein on the Score are in Tucson for 3 days of Sox-intensive shows. Both of them are Sox fans, by and large, altho they will criticize the Sox, especially upper management. I like them, and it's refreshing to hear Sox stuff on the air.

ON THE OTHER HAND, prepare yourself for next week's Cub fest on TV. Believe it or not, the assholes are on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I have never seen any team in spring training on TV 6 days out of seven. Of course, I won't see any of it this time either.

You guys should see all the Cubbie Kool Aid going down in the Mesa/Tempe area.

Holy cripes, some of those lunatics are planning a parade already.

While I admire optimism, they seem to forget there's 162 games to be played and almost everything went right for the Cubs down the stretch last year.

The Sox get a little more love down in the Tucson area but damn, it's a ton of Cub geeks there too.

The good news is, quite a few of the very cute waitresses seem to be from Chicago and like the Sox.

Either that, or they know exactly how to play us for large gratuities!! :lol:

Dan and Terry should be REAL interesting in Tucson. They are good interviewers and don't lob soft questions. Their interviews at the Superbowl were real good.

They said KW is going to be on either Wed. or Thurs. I listen pretty regularly to Dan and Terry, and their attitude towards the Sox this spring isn't as negative as a lot of other media. They basically feel that the Central is such a bad division and the Sox have a legitimate shot at winning it. Also, they think the Sox organization is doing a better job of PR and relating with fans and media this off-season.

I'm leaving for Vegas in 4 hours, so I won't be able to hear the next two shows, but if they get The Hawk on somebody please post a report!! Generally the two of them like Harrelson, but were really put off by some comments he made on Mike North's show (Like attacking Billy Beane and saying the whole "you never played baseball so you don't know anything" spiel). They said they would confront him about it, so that should be interesting

Dan and Terry should be REAL interesting in Tucson.  They are good interviewers and don't lob soft questions.  Their interviews at the Superbowl were real good.

And their bad interviews are the best. Most of the time it isnt, their falt, the person is just a bad interview and they are hysterical.