Kenny Rogers?

YASNY

This move will happen. I know KW will not miss out on this. 2 things

1.) Could we get Robert Person for a minor league deal, like the yanks did with Lieber?

2.) Who is Bartolo Colon's agent? I am praying to god it is not Scott Boras.

Rogers would be a great pick up for the sox, not only is he a really good pitcher, he provides depth to the rotation, with Rogers at the 5, and rauch in aaa, if anyone got injured I would feel real confident about having Rauch step in and due a good job in the majors.

KW said at SoxFest that the only pitchers he would get now (and the question was about Chuck Finley) would be one who would sign for $300,000. So I doubt we will see Rogers.

As well, KW had the numbers for the first 55 games, how many times our pitchers would actually pitch, and given the schdule, our #1 and #2 will see a lot of saction and our #5 not that much. So I don't think KW and JM see a need to pick up another pitcher since we have Rauch and the other guys we picked up (whose names I cannot spell) already battling for #5.

I think giving Roachie the year of experience to..... so I think you hold off on him and if all else fails we throw Loaiza in there for the 5th spot.

That is what KW said, I have to practice spelling Loaiza...

KW also metioned Gil Heredia for the 5th spot, whose name I also have to practice :)

Rogers would be a nice pickup. He eats up innings and is a veteran lefthander. Hopefully he would like to come to the Sox at a reduced rate and play for a potential contender. I think we have a better chance of signing either Person or Helling.

The more I think about this......... the more I like it.

The Rotation would look like this

Colon - R

Buehrle - L

Garland - R

Rogers- L

Wright - R

You throw a lefty in there every series.

I mean Danny Wright is the weakest link in the rotation..... and thats not a bad thing...... cause Danny can sling the rock.

I still like Jon Rauch..... but I am in favor of signing kenny rogers.

Kenny Rogers is going to be a great pick up but what are the chances he or Boras will want to get less money this year. But him on the rotation, all the combined wins of the starters will total to 78 wins. If all our pitchers improve a little bit and be consistent, we could be in very good shape.

I like the rotation of Buerhle, Colon, Garland, Rogers and Wright.

This would be an awesome pickup. I see Rogers as the #5 though. THe main reason is you don't want Wright going and then Colon because they are both more similar pitchers.

If you have Garland and then Wright, you got two different pitchers. Colon and Buerhle is different. Buerhle and Jon is different, while Kenny and Colon is different.

That way you never see the same looking pitcher in a row on the Sox. You'd also have 5 guys that threw 180 plus innings last season, which would be very impressive. They'd also have extreme depth if a starter went down with Rauch, Stewart, Loiza, and Heredia all there.

If the Sox signed him I'd look for him to be able to make as much as 3 mill or as little as 1.25 or so depending on if he reaches performance incentives. I think they'll do something similar to Lofton's deal.

One thing for sure, Rogers has made plenty of money, so I will assume he isn't going to go to Pittsburgh if he has similar offers from Boston or Chicago, so I'm thinking one of the Sox teams gets him. I'm hoping it will be the White Sox.

Man would this be huge, especially cause it gives us another guy that is good against the Twinkies.

Boras is a real slime ball....... and one helluva agent

I think Slime-ball and agent are pretty much the same word right?

Exactly....why would Boros ever allow KR to sign a deal for $$ under 1-1.5 a year when he refused a deal in the 4+ range a few months ago....and I can't believe that Boros would include those bogus incentives relating to attendence that Lofton agreed to....

Rogers would make cents if JR would ok it since their only lefty option is Stewart and he is just not ready yet.....a solid vet with a good trackrecord for accumulating innings...and as we all know, innings is everything....

Yes..... don't forget about lawyer also :D

As hit on by some posters earlier, KW said the Sox were "tapped out" at SoxFest. Signing KR at this point would shock me even more than when the Sox signed Colon. Ain't gonna happen.

Boras is a real slime ball....... and one helluva agent

Exactly....why would Boros ever allow KR to sign a deal for $$ under 1-1.5 a year when he refused a deal in the 4+ range a few months ago....and I can't believe that Boros would include those bogus incentives relating to attendence that Lofton agreed to....

Rogers would make cents if JR would ok it since their only lefty option is Stewart and he is just not ready yet.....a solid vet with a good trackrecord for accumulating innings...and as we all know, innings is everything....

Boras is as good as it gets, imo. He's an unbelievably good agent.

That being said, they made a big mistake this time around. Is anyone giong to tell me that Rogers is seriously going to get 4 million a year, especially when no one is getting that type of money this offseason.

Him and Rogers should of never turned that deal down, and I think they will both admit that.

If the Sox can pull this deal off, KW definitely deserves some DAP (sorry, too much PTI). The Sox would have youth (Buerhle, Garland, Wright), experience (Colon, Rogers, Buerhle), power (Colon, Wright), finesse (Rogers, Buerhle, Garland), and pinpoint control (Buerhle, Rogers, Garland when he's on). If they did that, then, I'd support Colon as the #1 only because you go, power righty, finesse lefty, finesse/power righty (Garland, by the way), finesse lefty, & power righty again. The only two words that scare me about this deal that can easily kill it: Scott Boras. Still pissed at Boras for luring Alex Fernandez to the f***ing Marlins! Of course, Alex's career was never the same after leaving the South Side of Chicago. Also, because this article just ran today, & Phil Rogers was the author (a great source for baseball, imo), I think it might just happen. If so, just another dagger into the heart that would be the Minnesota Twins. Come on KW, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :headbang

If the Sox can pull this deal off, KW definitely deserves some DAP (sorry, too much PTI).  The Sox would have youth (Buerhle, Garland, Wright), experience (Colon, Rogers, Buerhle), power (Colon, Wright),  finesse (Rogers, Buerhle, Garland), and pinpoint control (Buerhle, Rogers, Garland when he's on).  If they did that, then, I'd support Colon as the #1 only because you go, power righty, finesse lefty, finesse/power righty (Garland, by the way), finesse lefty, & power righty again.  The only two words that scare me about this deal that can easily kill it: Scott Boras.  Still pissed at Boras for luring Alex Fernandez to the f***ing Marlins!  Of course, Alex's career was never the same after leaving the South Side of Chicago.  Also, because this article just ran today, & Phil Rogers was the author (a great source for baseball, imo), I think it might just happen. If so, just another dagger into the heart that would be the Minnesota Twins.  Come on KW, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :headbang

I'd like to see this happen too. It would be great to have Buerhle, Garland, Rogers pitch a 3 game series against the Twins. Those two quality lefties would tear them up.