SN Report: Sox Interested in Rogers

Chisoxfn

Whoa Nelly!!! What's this comment about trading Valentin? KW woud really be making a mistake there. What's the rumors on Jose? Valentin is a definite lefthanded threat and we don't have that in the line up. Daubach was signed as bench help. Kenny Rogers would be a good fit and brings a veteran presence to help Garland and Wright, but with his savvy might even help Beurhle and Colon, who are young and learning.

If we can sign Rogers for a million, that's a deal in my book.  He is an above-average back/middle of the rotation starter.

And to make it even better, he's a lefty... aka a "twin killer"...  :headbang

Welcome aboard Jim.

At a million bucks there is no way the Sox could go wrong. The only way I see Rogers going for that little is if he has some solid performance incentives that can pump his salary to 3 mill or maybe a bit more.

Either way, I'd be willing to do it. The question is whether JR is willing to add the salary.

I like the idea of going after Rogers. He had a great era last year and I think he still has a good year left in him heck maybe even two. With him in the rotation all our pitchers will have experience 1-5!

I hope kenny can lure him here, the suntimes said that kenny only has 1 or 2 million he can spend on him. I say lets sign him for 1.5 mil and give him incentives like they did with kenny lofton, lets give him a chance to earn say an extra 3 mil, somthing like that will work.

I have been saying since the end of december that we should go after rogers if we can get him at a cheap price, no is our chance he has no other teams that are interested in him. He probably doesn't want to retire so he is going to have to get what he can get. Go get him Kenny, he will fit nicely! What else can you ask for "A LEFTY A TWIN KILLER!!"

I'd love it if they picked up "The Gambler," but I read that Boston is also looking at him, and you know they'll give him more money than Chicago will. Based on his not accepting the Texas offer because he thought he could get more $$$, he'll probably go to the highest bidder.

I'd love it if they picked up "The Gambler," but I read that Boston is also looking at him, and you know they'll give him more money than Chicago will.  Based on his not accepting the Texas offer because he thought he could get more $$$, he'll probably go to the highest bidder.

unfortunately "the gambler" is a client of scott boros...going to the highest bidder is all but a given