What is the future for our clot of AAA pitchers?

maggsmaggs

My guess is they will be used in a deal for a SS or starter at the deadline. I could see a Rauch, Diaz, Valentin trade for Orlando Cabrera. I highly doubt this to happen as well as Diaz, Valentin, Rauch, Grilli, Harris and possibly Borchard for Cabrera and Vidro. Both will be available at the deadline and they would provide a huge boost, better than Everett and Alomar. I would love to see one of them here in July. No doubt Kenny will go after one of them secretly.

Rauch - #1 starter down in Charlotte. Prob. will be trade bait later on in the season for a guy like Cabrera if he doesn't hav a really good 1.

Diaz - Great fastball, some ppl think his long term future is in the pen.

Stewart - Only lefty in rotation, which could help him. Never pitched in Charlotte before this season, but has major league experience. One to keep an eye on throughout the season.

Pacheco - Relieved in his 1st outing I think, but is prob. still the 5th starter. Ended up a very good trade gettin him from Colorado for Sandy Alomar Jr. Out of all 5, I think he's the least likely to be called up, unless he has another Birmingham type season from last year.

Grilli - Excellent 1st outing, Sox definitely saw sumthin in him to keep him around. I'd say if we need a replacement for Danny Wright in the 5th spot in the rotation, so far it'd be either Rauch or Grilli, unless they giv it to Adkins or Cotts.

I think Diaz has the best chance to be a solid starter for someone in the future. Hopefully it's the Sox.

He's got the best stuff, he just needs to put it all together. His breakin ball pitches need improvin.