UPDATE: on Maggs contract situation

maggsmaggs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, no one was going to take Konerko or anyone else the Sox have for that matter and not make us take salary on in return.

While I was fine with the Perez for Konerko rumors and thought that Perez would be awesome this year (so far looking right, but its 3 starts, so I don't relaly care) but I also like Konerko and have no problem keeping him, even though he's about 3 mill a year overpaid.

The problem is, no one was going to take Konerko or anyone else the Sox have for that matter and not make us take salary on in return. 

While I was fine with the Perez for Konerko rumors and thought that Perez would be awesome this year (so far looking right, but its 3 starts, so I don't relaly care) but I also like Konerko and have no problem keeping him, even though he's about 3 mill a year overpaid.

Yeah, but imagine what Billy Beane would be able to do with Jon Adkins-type overhyped prospects and an extra 12 Mill to spend with 2 months to go........If Kenny was able to pry away a productive player like Everett for 150K, Billy Caesar is gonna do some series rapin' of some desperate/clueless teams, and I wouldn't be suprised if this A's team won the whole thing.