ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

always a good choice in author

and you really should be at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago next fall

trust me

I am right on this

not only where you should go to school because of your yet unrecognised vocation but very convenient to USCF

GAAAAAAAAAH, shhhhhhhhhh. Owwww, raw nerve.

And after my chapel talk the pastor was telling me the same thing. It's a very, very, very tempting thought. But, um, I'm not cut out for the ministry (what with my heretical Buddhist tendencies and all...), although I enjoy learning the history, theology and ethics behind the bible, I, um, don't think it would work. Although I would probably enjoy it as much as my planned graduate work. And being near my Sox would certainly be a plus.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this be a good one for a week in the mountains? I am planning my summer vacation reading.

Um, I really like it--lots of sociological insights into the Bible and really looks at violence and why we feel like we need it and why we feel like violence protects and saves. It's good solid theology, and really made me think about all the ways violence is engrained in my life and my thought process.

GAAAAAAAAAH, shhhhhhhhhh. Owwww, raw nerve.

And after my chapel talk the pastor was telling me the same thing. It's a very, very, very tempting thought. But, um, I'm not cut out for the ministry (what with my heretical Buddhist tendencies and all...), although I enjoy learning the history, theology and ethics behind the bible, I, um, don't think it would work. Although I would probably enjoy it as much as my planned graduate work. And being near my Sox would certainly be a plus.

I am an LSTC grad with all that implies.

What is heretical about Buddhist tendencies?

Bonhoeffer ... King ...

Jesus for that matter.

LONDON (AFP) - British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw condemned Israel's killing of Hamas chief Abdelaziz Rantissi, saying that such tactics were both wrong and unhelpful to peace.

STRAFFAN, Ireland (Reuters) - Israel's killing of top Hamas leader Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi was unlawful and "not conducive to lowering tension," European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana said Saturday.

"The European Union has consistently condemned extrajudicial killings," Solana said in a statement issued during talks between EU and Asian foreign ministers in Ireland.

"Israel has a right to protect its citizens from terrorist attacks, but actions of this type are not only unlawful, they are not conducive to lowering tension."

While calling on all parties to show restraint, the White House statement said Israel should look carefully at the consequences of its actions.

Turkish PM: Assassination of Yassin was an act of terror

The prime minister of Turkey, which has close ties with Israel, yesterday defined the assassination of Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin as "terrorism," and hinted that he may cancel a proposed trip to Jerusalem next month.

I am certain it is in Israel's best interest to thumb their noses at the rest of the world.

?? Explain?  Or do you mean to say they're all "heretics" of their times?

the first two did some buddhist and hindu studies along the way

the third one I mentioned, what is recorded of that one indicates some commonality with buddhist teaching

I unnderstand none of them as a heretic; historically not in their own time for sure

What is defensive about shooting 6 missels into a crowded highway?

You wouldn't consider nuclear extreme?

Isreal came REALLY close to using tactical nukes a couple of times during the 60's and 70's. While Nukes certainly aren't the 1st option they certainly are not to be ruled out in a situation where invading Arab hordes are stomping through your territory. I stand by what I said regardless the weapon.

Isreal came REALLY close to using tactical nukes a couple of times during the 60's and 70's.  While Nukes certainly aren't the 1st option they certainly are not to be ruled out in a situation where invading Arab hordes are stomping through your territory.  I stand by what I said regardless the weapon.

They woudl be dropping a nuke on themselves. That's what I would call extreme.

I am certain it is in Israel's best interest to thumb their noses at the rest of the world.

I am getting really sick of the hypocrasy of "the civilized world" who can hunt and kill off terrorists at will but Isreal gets condemmed for it when they do it.

Last time I checked they had a terrorist threat every bit as real as anybody else. Bush, Blair and all other world leaders need to get on the same sheet of music and provide a unified front against terrorism or our campaign against it will fail.

I am getting really sick of the hypocrasy of "the civilized world" who can hunt and kill off terrorists at will but Isreal gets condemmed for it when they do it. 

Last time I checked they had a terrorist threat every bit as real as anybody else.  Bush, Blair and all other world leaders need to get on the same sheet of music and provide a unified front against terrorism or our campaign against it will fail.

Nuke, it's about tactics. Could you imagine missles on State Street? You seem to think that would be ok if we took out a terrorist. Guilty until dead. We can't arrest these people so we gunned them down at Northbrook Mall. Just shoot wherever and if anyone happens to be driving by, well too bad.

Why do you think most of the world condemns these attacks.

CW

You are trying to debate with someone who our government has trained to believe that violence is the answer. Don't get frustrated  :banghead

So now I'm a brainwashed monster who kills first and asks questions later. You know nothing do you. As the guy who is gonna bleed and die first I am defenitely against shooting 1st and talking later but I'm no sucker either. Peace at any price doesn't work, I don't know what it takes to make you people understand that.

They have been trying to pacify that region through diplomacy for decades without any success. Every time Isreal ceases fire the Pali's take advantage of it and kill a bunch of people somewhere. Isreal's frustration is totally justified and targeting the leaders of the main organiztion responsible for suicide attacks is certainly acceptable.

Nuke, it's about tactics. Could you imagine missles on State Street? You seem to think that would be ok if we took out a terrorist. Guilty until dead. We can't arrest these people so we gunned them down at Northbrook Mall. Just shoot wherever and if anyone happens to be driving by, well too bad.

Why do you think most of the world condemns these attacks.

Those attacks are about as surgical as they can be. If they sent a bunch of commandoes to try to arrest these guys, as you and others want them to, then there'd be a bloodbath with many more dead. A surgical missile hit is far better at minimizing collateral damage than a gun battle in the streets.

Those attacks are about as surgical as they can be.  If they sent a bunch of commandoes to try to arrest these guys, as you and others want them to, then there'd be a bloodbath with many more dead.  A surgical missile hit is far better at minimizing collateral damage than a gun battle in the streets.

How about a sniper at 300 yards?

Isreal has got to keep this up.  Hamas appoints a new leader.......the IDF shoves a missile up his ass as a way of saying hello.  Knocking off anybody with the balls to step up and take charge of these assholes will keep them off balance and keep them from attacking civillians.

Right on!

No, not for the terrorist, but for the two people killed because they travelled on a highway. What was their crime? Driving to work?

You two have such high regard for human life. At least if you ever meet up with terrorists, you will have something in common.

Why should I feel sorry for the deaths of two people who would like to see me dead, solely because I am a Jew?

I don't sympathize with dead Nazis either!

No matter what Israel does, it gets criticized by the rest of the world!

There comes a time when you can't care about world opinion, and you do what you have to do to protect your own people.

Why should I feel sorry for the deaths of two people who would like to see me dead, solely because I am a Jew?

I don't sympathize with dead Nazis either!

So everyone on that highway wants you dead? Amazing.

Tex:

"Nuke" is 100% correct.

The "palestinians" declared war on Israel; in a war, there's going to be "collateral damage"...it cannot be helped.

But DO NOT EVEN TRY TO PUT THE "PALESTINIAN TERRORISTS" ON THE SAME MORAL PLANE AS ISRAEL; there are huge differences. The "palis" INTENTIONALLY target Israeli civilians, whereas when "Pali" civilians are killed (i.e. the 2 "innocent" bystanders in the Rantisi execution), that is the definition of "collateral damage".

Don't be fooled by the propaganda that Apu, and others, will feed you. Israel has not, and does not target civilians! Of this you can be 100% certain.

No matter what Israel does, it gets criticized by the rest of the world!

There comes a time when you can't care about world opinion, and you do what you have to do to protect your own people.

And when the world turns their back and stops sending money, what does Israel do? Look past your blood thirst.

So everyone on that highway wants you dead? Amazing.

Many polls have shown that the majority of Palestinians want Israel eliminated.

Their mantra, "Palestine-From the River to the Sea".

Please check out the articles/websites I posted under the heading "Bush Finally Gets One Right"...these were posted before Rantisi got wasted.

Many polls have shown that the majority of Palestinians want Israel eliminated.

Their mantra, "Palestine-From the River to the Sea".

Please check out the articles/websites I posted under the heading "Bush Finally Gets One Right"...these were posted before Rantisi got wasted.

US + Israel vs. the rest of the world.

Brilliant strategy.

Just keep chanting kill kill kill. After hundreds of thousands of people are dead keep chanting kill kill kill. You want every Pali killed, your no better than they are. No respect for human life. Judging everyone by the acts of a few self apointed leaders.

So you are telling me that the Hamas leaders are never near any Israeli's.

US + Israel vs. the rest of the world.

Brilliant strategy.

Just keep chanting kill kill kill. After hundreds of thousands of people are dead keep chanting kill kill kill.

So you are telling me that the Hamas leaders are never near any Israeli's.

They purposely "hide" amongst (and behind) their own people!

Don't think for a minute that Israel wouldn't have preferred to kill Rantisi by himself.

You don't get too many opportunities to kill a guy like Rantisi (see Osama Bin Laden!), you take the opportunity when it presents itself.