Another Chi Rpt

LDF

The Sox were encouraged by Felix Diaz’ winter. The righthander acquired from San Francisco in the Kenny Lofton deal was 2-4, 3.50 in 44 innings for Licey in the Dominican. He not only was healthy, making up innings lost because of an ankle injury in 2002, but also showed improved command and low- to mid-90s velocity.

Though Antonio Osuna and Rocky Biddle were lost in the Colon trade, it will be tough for a rookie reliever to crack the White Sox bullpen in spring training. The Sox followed that deal by signing free agents Tom Gordon and Rick White. That leaves righthander Matt Ginter and lefty Mike Porzio on the bubble, with rookies Edwin Almonte, David Sanders and winter sensation Arnie Munoz likely to start in Charlotte.

The Sox were encouraged by Felix Diaz’ winter. The righthander acquired from San Francisco in the Kenny Lofton deal was 2-4, 3.50 in 44 innings for Licey in the Dominican. He not only was healthy, making up innings lost because of an ankle injury in 2002, but also showed improved command and low- to mid-90s velocity. 

Though Antonio Osuna and Rocky Biddle were lost in the Colon trade, it will be tough for a rookie reliever to crack the White Sox bullpen in spring training. The Sox followed that deal by signing free agents Tom Gordon and Rick White. That leaves righthander Matt Ginter and lefty Mike Porzio on the bubble, with rookies Edwin Almonte, David Sanders and winter sensation Arnie Munoz likely to start in Charlotte.

guess the didnt get the news we are only taking 11 pitchers north....so it looks like diaz is now slated for the bullpen according to these guys??...i gues that makes sense since the big question on him was can his arm hold up to starting

He is a starter prospect. I think they were thinking his only shot at making the team is as a reliever, which is very true. He isn't ready to be a starter. I think he's one of those guys that may pitch a full season in the pen and then eventually move into the rotation.

He is a starter prospect.  I think they were thinking his only shot at making the team is as a reliever, which is very true.  He isn't ready to be a starter.  I think he's one of those guys that may pitch a full season in the pen and then eventually move into the rotation.

i think that they should still groom him as a starter and if anything, trade him for a prospect.