White Sox Prospect..warm paper?

Cerbaho-WG

Thought I'd do a little top 15 of the hottest players in the Sox minor league system. Big note: These rankings are based STRICTLY on performance alone, not prospect status!

1) Thomas Brice - OF

.429 BA 2 HR 10 RBI .690 SLG%

Hey Tom, where'd all this power come from? Only 1 HR in 149 previous games, 2 to start the season on fire.

2) Bryant Nelson - 2B

.386 BA 3 HR 11 RBI .632 SLG%

A season in Japan can do you good I suppose. Nelson has been a plesant surprise leading off for the Knights thus far.

3) Jeremy Reed - OF

.388 BA 19 H .415 OBP .510 SLG%

Yawn, same old same old.

4) Aaron McNeal - 1B

.300 BA 6 HR 11 RBI .760 SLG%

Picked up from AA Reading (PHI), Aaron has shown awesome power in the early goings.

5) Ryan Meaux - LHP

11 IP 9 H 2 BB 14 SO 2.45 ERA

Jamie Moyer? Cross your fingers.

6) Mike Morse - SS

.325 BA 3 HR 13 H .625 SLG%

Keep an eye on Mike, if some power shows up...look out.

7) Jeff Bajenaru - RHP

5.2 IP 4 H 1 ER 2 BB 11 SO 1.59 ERA

Sure, minor league closers are a dime a dozen, but do they average 17.3 K/9 IP? Didn't think so. Keep if up Jeff, all of us here would be estatic to see you in a Sox uni soon.

8) Sean Tracey - RHP

10 IP 7 H 4 BB 10 SO 1.80 ERA

Another FutureSox reader, Sean is looking great thus far.

9) Brandon McCarthy - RHP

Stats pending on tonight's performance

Got a little lit up this evening, still a very good start to the season.

10) Felix Diaz - RHP

18 IP 12 H 2 BB 15 SO 2.50 ERA

Yawn. If Danny struggles don't be surprised if the Sox leave Cotts in the pen and call up Diaz.

11) Arnaldo Munoz - LHP

17.1 IP 10 H 5 BB 16 SO 1.56 ERA 3-0

So far so good for the little Dominican. BAA is a measly .167.

12) Mike/Heath Phillips - LHP

10.2 IP 11 H 4 BB 12 SO .84 ERA 2-0

Look, it's Mark Buehrle in disguise! Solid start to the year after an injury plauged 2003.

13) Ryan Kohlmeier - RHP

11.1 IP 9 H 2 BB 9 SO 1.59 ERA

Interesting....

14) Brian Becker - Professional Hitter

.310 BA 2 HR .571 SLG% 13 H

Same old same old, but this time with a higher BA.

15) Casey Rogowski - 1B

.344 BA .389 OBP .469 SLG%

Nothing spectacular, just solid.

Billy Beane watch!!!

Congratulations to Ricardo Nanita for being the 1st player to enter the Billy Beane watch! .211 BA with 10 BB and a .375 OBP? Billy Beane wants you in Modesto!

McNichol 10 IP 5 H 0 ER 2 BB 8 K .70 WHIP and no mention

Also, Bull had one bad outing that f***ed up his ERA but as a reliever he has been lights out.

Relievers will not get mentioned unless the put up a stretch like the one Baj had above.

As for Bullard, remove his last start and he would sit at:

5.2 IP 6 H 4 ER 4 BB 3 SO

Not lights out by any stretch of the imagination

Relievers will not get mentioned unless the put up a stretch like the one Baj had above.

As for Bullard, remove his last start and he would sit at:

5.2 IP 6 H 4 ER 4 BB 3 SO

Not lights out by any stretch of the imagination

Oh ok I see how strikeouts are more important than ER allowed...dumbass.

Before we start calling each other names, Bullard has only given up 1 earned run in 5.2 IP, not the 4 earned runs cerb stated.

Edit: Yes, Spiff did beat me to the punch, but the point remains that Bullard has been really good this season other than the one start.

Oh ok I see how strikeouts are more important than ER allowed...dumbass.

Hooray, here comes Spiff to save the day. Fanboy.

If you knew anything, K/IP is one of the most important stats for a minor league pitcher, let alone a reliever. Is ERA important? Of course it is. Am I going to put in a guy with a K/IP ratio of 27 and an ERA of 5? Doubtful. Am I going to put a guy up there with an ERA of 2 and a K/IP ratio of less than one? Most likely not. And yes I FUBARed up the math, his stats would have been:

5.2 IP 6 H 1 ER 4 BB 3 SO

So, a reliever with a WHIP of 1.76 deserves to be on the list? If you honestly believe that, you should start calling yourself a dumbass.

--

Remember Spiff, I took my own time to write this, and it is reflective of my opinion. Don't like it how I don't put Bullard up there with merely pedestrian numbers? Write something yourself instead of becoming a fanboy and calling me a "dumbass".

What are you talking about fanboy. I said I didn't know how McNichol didn't make it since he did not allow A SINGLE RUN in 10 innings pitched. You still have not explained why, unless you are still going to say K's are more important than runs allowed. That is why I called you a dumbass. Alot of pitchers can rack up strikeouts, but how many runs they give up is still the most important stat.

As far as Bullard, I was merely pointing out that he was doing well, I didn't say he necessarily should have been on there, but deserved a mention somewhere in this thread.

I'm surprised you took your own time to write something instead of just re-typing something out of Baseball America and pretending like it was an original thought like you usually do.

I'm surprised you took your own time to write something instead of just re-typing something out of Baseball America and pretending like it was an original thought like you usually do.

Amusing.

Mind telling me out of my entire Winston-Salem preview, or any of the Top 50 writeups that I did where plagiarised from BA, because that's basically what you're implying.

Go ahead, I'll be waiting.