Juan the Hero and Carlos the Zero

C.Rector

Turns out that KW's pick up of Juan Uribe was a great move after all and that KW's signing Lee to a 2 yr. $15 Mil. contract was not so great. Let's face it: If the lineup spots were reversed and Lee was in the batter's box with the bases loaded, he would have gone down hacking away at pitches outside the strike zone.

What KW really should do now is package Lee with Wunsch and trade them to Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiack (Chicago native & Sox fan in addition to being a solid player) or to Texas for Soriano or perhaps some other team for a decent player. That way, we can get some good out of an injury prone reliever and a space cadet player.

What do you guys think?

Turns out that KW's pick up of Juan Uribe was a great move after all and that KW's signing Lee to a 2 yr. $15 Mil. contract was not so great.  Let's face it:  If the lineup spots were reversed and Lee was in the batter's box with the bases loaded, he would have gone down hacking away at pitches outside the strike zone. 

What KW really should do now is package Lee with Wunsch and trade them to Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiack (Chicago native & Sox fan in addition to being a solid player) or to Texas for Soriano or perhaps some other team for a decent player.  That way, we can get some good out of an injury prone reliever and a space cadet player. 

What do you guys think?

I think sending a 30-100 guy AND a very good lefty reliever for Rob-f***ing Mackowiak is utterly insane.

The Soriano deal is nice, but The last thing Texas needs is a slugging outfielder. They would want starting pitching, and a whole bunch of it.

Turns out that KW's pick up of Juan Uribe was a great move after all and that KW's signing Lee to a 2 yr. $15 Mil. contract was not so great.  Let's face it:  If the lineup spots were reversed and Lee was in the batter's box with the bases loaded, he would have gone down hacking away at pitches outside the strike zone. 

What KW really should do now is package Lee with Wunsch and trade them to Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiack (Chicago native & Sox fan in addition to being a solid player) or to Texas for Soriano or perhaps some other team for a decent player.  That way, we can get some good out of an injury prone reliever and a space cadet player. 

What do you guys think?

What do I think?

Put down the hobby glue.

I think Carlos is an extremely streaky hitter (as well as Crede). Him and Joe are going to end up with good numbers at the end of the year, but there will be weeks when we will be molding their plaques for Cooperstown, and then there will be weeks (like the last couple) where we will want to run them out of town.

Although, I do think Carlos is better off batting 2nd, I like the line-up of;

1. Harris

2. Lee

3. Maggs

4. Thomas

5. Konerko

6. JosE-5

7. Uribe

8. A-Row

9. Olivo

I just like Lee's approach bettern in the 2nd spot. Although, I do think his AB in the 9th yesterday was decent. The 4th ball was close, and usually he's hacking at that (Makes me wonder if Ozzie put the take sign on )

The RM thing is obvisouly a joke, but I would do Lee-for-Soriano.

Reed in LF and Soriano at 2B? I can live withm even if the latter makes Ray-Ray seem like a GG.

Texas would laugh us all of the way back to OHare if we tried to get Soriano for Lee. The Rangers need pitching BAD. It would take a lot of names to get Alfonzo, maybe even a Garland type guy, along with Cotts, Honel, Rauch etc.

Trade Lee for a cheaper starter (possibly Washburn) and bring up Reed.

It'll save us money and we'll have a better chance at signing Maggs or someone else from the rich free agent crop that's going to be out there this winter.

If you're Anaheim GM, do you want that?

Who knows, I think they've got a pretty decent staff in Colon, Escobar, Ortiz, Lackey and guys like Bobby Jenks and Ervin Santana in the minors...

Of course their OF looks good with Guillen, Anderson and Vlads right now, but I'm sure Tim Salmon will go down at some point this season and I'd be willing to bet his career is in decline...

Not that Anaheim would do the deal, I was just throwing a name out there and I'm sure there are others as well...