Idiots? We've got idiots alright

Spiff

Oh.. OK

You forgot to answer my question though...

To answer your question.

Yes

That's the sad irony of what we do for a living.

Does he have those rights? Yes

Does he deserve them? No

Would I take those rights away from him even being the son of a b**** he is? No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything else that someone needs to do to deserve to live here?

Nobody ever wrote a rulebook that one must follow to "deserve to live here" but suffice it to say that there a lot of folks out there who really dont deserve the freedoms we have here based on their words or actions.

Nobody ever wrote a rulebook that one must follow to "deserve to live here" but suffice it to say that there a lot of folks out there who really dont deserve the freedoms we have here based on their words or actions.

Then what does someone have to do to not deserve their freedoms? I assume comitting a crime is one. Not appreciating the sacrific of our military is 2, any others?

"It wasn't like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power. THAT would have been heroic and laudable," Gonzalez writes. "What he did was make himself useful to a foreign invading army, and he paid for it. It's hard to say I have any sympathy for his death because I don't feel like his 'service' was necessary. He wasn't defending me, nor was he defending the Afghani people. He was acting out his macho, patriotic crap and I guess someone with a bigger gun did him in."

:notworthy

Tillman had no family. Besides parents and brothers and such. He had no children. I don't have a problem with him going over there. I would have had a problem if he had had children and denied them a father as stated earlier.

Then what does someone have to do to not deserve their freedoms? I assume comitting a crime is one. Not appreciating the sacrific of our military is 2, any others?

Number three

Being a guy who calls himself Texsox on the SLP boards

If I think of any others you will be the 1st to know

:lol:

Number three

Being a guy who calls himself Texsox on the SLP boards

If I think of any others you will be the 1st to know

:lol:

Nuke,

How about a little props for all of us paying our taxes so we can have a military? Perhaps that could be in the "deserve our rights" side?

Maybe voting and getting involved, could that be in the "deserve our rights" side?

And, like a said earlier, I agree this sniffiling, whiny, kid has a lot to learn. I would be pissed as hell to have to grab an M-16 so he can spout that crap.

Tillman had no family. Besides parents and brothers and such. He had no children. I don't have a problem with him going over there. I would have had a problem if he had had children and denied them a father as stated earlier.

He had a wife.

Nuke,

How about a little props for all of us paying our taxes so we can have a military? Perhaps that could be in the "deserve our rights" side?

Maybe voting and getting involved, could that be in the "deserve our rights" side?

And, like a said earlier, I agree this sniffiling, whiny, kid has a lot to learn. I would be pissed as hell to have to grab an M-16 so he can spout that crap.

Nuke,

Nothing but love for the average joe my friend.

I would be pissed as hell to have to grab an M-16 so he can spout that crap.

AAAAAAAAAA You are learning grasshoppa!

I cannot agree with that.

Parents have as much obligation (or whatever word) to serve as single people.

A lot of marriages and babies being born in 66 and 67 to avoid service before that deferment route died.

The phrase "denied them a father" gets to me. But I am not saying more. Goodbye to one more thread because it just ain't going to go anywhere good if I give my opinion which is bad for me to do. In my spare time I'll write to my son and tell him that he is denying his son, my grandson, and that there are things more important than serving his country when it is attacked. Over and out. Goodbye thread.

Nothing but love for the average joe my friend.

AAAAAAAAAA You are learning grasshoppa!

I learned a long time ago that to protect my rights, I had to defend the rights of my fellow citizens no matter how much I disliked their despicable views. I do find it easier to defend your right to tell the guy to go f*** himself :D

I cannot agree with that.

Parents have as much obligation (or whatever word) to serve as single people.

A lot of marriages and babies being born in 66 and 67 to avoid service before that deferment route died.

The phrase "denied them a father" gets to me.  But I am not saying more.  Goodbye to one more thread because it just ain't going to go anywhere good if I give my opinion which is bad for me to do.  In my spare time I'll write to my son and tell him that he is denying his son, my grandson, and that there are things more important than serving his country when it is attacked.  Over and out.  Goodbye thread.

There you go again. Holier than thou posting. You know what I mean. If he or anyone feels obligated to serve, that is wonderful. I respect that to no end! And by saying:

But I am not saying more.  Goodbye to one more thread because it just ain't going to go anywhere good if I give my opinion which is bad for me to do.  In my spare time I'll write to my son and tell him that he is denying his son, my grandson, and that there are things more important than serving his country when it is attacked.  Over and out.  Goodbye thread.
you ARE saying something. It's just another jab that for some reason you feel you have to throw in there. I grew up without a father, I've never met him. I don't wish that on anyone.

Where I come from they raid the 'hoods and catch "kids" like him with large fish nets and a shocker. Sometimes literally. Then, in the 2 years of mandatory military service, his less idealistic peers beat the 'tude out of him. Good times.

i dont know who said it (Voltaire maybe?) but the quote something along the lines of: "I may not agree with a word you say, but i shall defend to the death your right to say it" is so true. That idiot has every right to say what he feels. At the same time, what he said was very obnoxious, retarded, disrespectful, ignorant among other things. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those serving in the military, but unfortunately, he has the right to say what he wishes. Do i agree? Of course not. But he shouldnt be censored. Even the most stupid people must be allowed to speak. And also, to those who feel that "better things" can be done than serving, i.e being with their family etc... Well, that is YOUR opinion. Obviously, in the person who is serving's mind, what they are doing is MORE important than what you think.