Baron's starting pitching

I was looking at Birmingham's starting ptiching, and it has been dominating!

Munoz: 4-0, 1.46 ERA, .74 WHIP, 9.38 K's per 9 IP

Yofu: 2-1, 2.31 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, 7.83 K's per 9 IP

Phillips: 3-0, 2.45 ERA, 1.64 WHIP, 6.95 K's per 9 IP

Meaux: 1-2, 3.68 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, 8.59 K's per 9 IP

Meaux's numbers really surprised me, because I always thought of him as a bullpen guy, but he has performed well through 4 starts.

Rex, since you've seen some Barons games....has their offense been as anemic as it looks like in the stat sheets?

Let me start by saying I haven't seen as much baseball so far this year as I would like......

But as best I can tell, it comes and goes.... Morse has been hot (although he doesn't walk), Spidale has been solid, yet not great (but he does walk). Some of the older vets need to get their stuff together or they may be buying themselves a ticket out of town. Micah Franklin looks completely overmatched and has the absolute wrong uppercut swing for that ballpark.

Yan has been pretty good after a slow start and can really run. Stewart has hit better than advertised.

They are 12-10 and tied for first, so they haven't been too bad. But aside from hitting 6 HR's in a game a week or so ago, they aren't breaking any records.

Guest JimH

Rex, is Chris Stewart just on a hot streak in your opinion, or is he someone we should maybe start watching a little closer?

He's always been pretty good defensively, the knock on him was his stick.

Has he cut down on his swing or something? Looks like he's doing pretty well down there, and he's just turned 22 as I recall.

Stewart is a big guy, or looked like it last spring training on minor league field. Looked to be about Fisk size damn near. He is our best defensive catcher in the minors, would be nice if he could hit. He just has to be able to hit .220 or so to be a good backup if his defensive skills are truly as good as I have read.

Yep, Yan can fly. But so can Spidale. Barons had 8 SB's today to go with 13 hits and two Chattanooga errors and still could manage only three runs in 12 innings. That's sad.

I'll have to get back to you on Stewart. I haven't really paid much attention to him at the plate.

Speaking of sick...... Bajenaru is as close to automatic as it gets right now. Today, there was only one ball hit hard off of him and that wasn't creamed.

What do you think Baj's chances of getting promoted anytime soon if he keeps producing like this? He's gotta be doing better than Majewski.

No idea what they will do with Baj. He should be in trips right now......

Things will shake out, they always do.......