5/4 games

MnSoxFan

I don't get it :shrug

I think Orionny Lopez is overrated by all of us, he has been in Rookie ball for both years, put up nice numbers, but does not appear to be that highly thought of by the Sox, unless he is just needs to build strength??

Guest JimH

Mn, I thought I'd read O. Lopez had some minor physical problem, can't remember where I'd seen that ... Kanny website?

Maybe they want to change his role or something, or get a look at Flores.

We need Dave Wilder to post on this board!

Hey ... that's actually an idea.

Jason/Mario/Alex etc. - what about a Q+A with Dave Wilder or someone from the Sox org. who's conversant about the minor league comings and goings?

I haven't heard anything from Kanny in regards to anything with Orionny, but I haven't got the press release announcing he had been sent back to extended spring training, so something more could be in there.

Jim, that sounds like a really cool idea. I'll try to work on that once I'm done with all the business of the last few weeks of school. Although I think it would have to be something after the MLB draft, cause after I finally get the Top 50 all formatted (with the awesome help of Danman whose been a lifesaver with that) then I'm going to focus on some draft previews and then the draft review.

Great to see BMAC with a great outing so far.

Yeah, I'm working on the formatting for the Top 50. I'll hopefully get done, or at least close this weekend. Don't forget you didn't give me all 50 so it won't be done when I'm done.

Kanny won 2-1. The hitting wasn't spectacular. Young racked up another 2 Ks though. :lol: BMac was the story of the game. CG (7 innings), 6 Ks, 3 BBs (that's a lot for him :lol:), 3 hits, while only giving up a solo HR. Box Score

Winston-Salem won 6-3. Becker and Rogowski each had HRs. Sweeney went 0-4 with a walk and a run, he also got a guy out trying to stretch a single into a double. (I was listening to the radio broadcast when it happened) Anderson 0-3 with a walk, Nanita 1-3 with a walk and a stolen base. Sean Tracey got the start.Box Score

Kanny lost the 2nd of its doubleheader. Chris Young had 3 walks and went 0-1 (it was a strikeout of course). David Cook went 2-4 with a HR. Rafael Flores made his debut with the team going 3 innings giving up 2 ERs on 3 hits, 2 walks, and 1 K. He started as mentioned by Mn. Box Score

Bham lost 5-2, no box yet.

Oh ya, Young had a double in the first game. (For kanny)

Chris Young K-meter: 31

He has only reached base 26 times.

On the flip side his slugging % is .494. It seems like he's got something if he could stop being Sammy Sosa at the plate.

Guest JimH

Santiago is doing a nice job in Charlotte too.

I really wonder what they're thinking about re: Bajenaru. He is just mowing them down at Birmingham.

We don't have anyone on the current Sox staff who's exceptionally lousy though, so to me it's just a case of "no room at the inn".

Santiago is doing a nice job in Charlotte too.

I really wonder what they're thinking about re: Bajenaru.  He is just mowing them down at Birmingham.

We don't have anyone on the current Sox staff who's exceptionally lousy though, so to me it's just a case of "no room at the inn".

That's the reason he is in AA now. Yofu really doesn't belong in AA either.