wunsch will have a battle on his hands

baggio202

what i dont get is, just exactly what kind of battle  can wunch have on his hands..... he only comes in for one batter so whats there to battle about.. its not like he tosses for two or more innings...........kelly will do what kelly does best.. waste time till the clean up crew is ready and warmed up in the pen..............

you answered you question in your response..the battle is wunsch can only pitch to a batter or two...munoz , who can come in and pitch 2 or 3 innnings , is better suited to pitch on a staff thats only carrying 11 pitchers this year instead of the normal 12

I tend to agree with the prediction thqat Wunsch will be in for a battle. I think someone who can go for more than an inning, let alone just one batter, is better suited for the Sox needs.

ChiSoxfn, when has Wunsch done his job since 2000?  Do you remember him pitching in any games with meaning last year?  Did they use him in late inning situations with the game on the line?  No, he was a mop up guy, pitching in meaningless situations.

Wunsch is roster filler and will not be a big part of a winning Sox team this year.

Your probably right on the money with that belief. I don't have any stats to back me up on this other then I remember him doing quite well last season and he got better every day away from surgery as he got healthier and was building his velocity and such back up.

You are right though, he was almost never out there in key situations, but his numbers were still more then solid for a reliever, especially one coming back from surgery.

Guest hotsoxchick1
what i dont get is, just exactly what kind of battle  can wunch have on his hands..... he only comes in for one batter so whats there to battle about.. its not like he tosses for two or more innings...........kelly will do what kelly does best.. waste time till the clean up crew is ready and warmed up in the pen..............

you answered you question in your response..the battle is wunsch can only pitch to a batter or two...munoz , who can come in and pitch 2 or 3 innnings , is better suited to pitch on a staff thats only carrying 11 pitchers this year instead of the normal 12

ok maybe i should have phrased it like this then..... who cares .....kelly will do what he does best.. come in for 1 or maybe 2 batters if hes lucky and thats it.. thats all hes good for and honestly i dont think he can go a whole inning without his arm falling off .......why should he battle anything... hes already knows his role here....does he honestly think he can get promoted with his track record????? lmao........