Tennis...

Heads22

As you guys know, my tennis season hasn't gone well....that continued with districts today.....

My partner and I had to play the #1 undefeated seed from Dubuque....

Anyone who plays tennis knows you have to put a bit of force behind a tennis ball to lodge it in a fence....I did that today in warmups....I thought that was cool until the guy from Dubuque hit the ball thru the fence. At that point, I knew we were f***ed.

We lost 6-0, 6-0 to end the season.

We woulda had one game in there, as we were up 40-15 in one game, and I got a good 4 foot out of bounds as the guy from the other team was preparing to smash it....I thought I got out of the way....not so....I proceed to get smoked by a tennis ball in the arm that woulda been out by twenty feet except for the fact I'm slow.

Someone hold me.... :unsure:

Between your Tennis and Basketball stories, your athletic career must be very tough Heads.  You remind me of Leon in the Bud commercials.

It's because Oelwein is a farming town and it's school is probably really, really small. Basically it's Hell. :lol:

Must hav been a weak - ass fence there.  ;)  :lol:

It's Iowa, 'nough said. :lol: I've hit some and seen more balls stuck in fences. To go through? Only when the ball finds a somewhat large hole on the bottom when it's hit hard.

I was playing tennis today for my school and my partner and I (who are undefeated) played some horrible kids.  We won 6-0, 6-0. They almost won a game but I pegged this asshole in the arm to win.

That can hurt! I got nailed in the lower region during a doubles match at my conference playoffs years ago. My partner had this annoying habit of returning the ball softly, and leaving me out to dry at the net. I got him back during the third set, though. I nailed him in the back with a serve. Oops! I might not have done that, except that I swear I saw him laughing when I was rolling around on the court, holding my crotch, and screaming "My balls, oh my balls!" :o

Oh, we lost in 3 sets, 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 (I got nailed in the 1st game of the third set, downhill from there!)

Tennis is an awesome game. Doubles are pretty gay, but singles? Just great. Combination of skill and athleticism and individuality that's probably unmatched. Federer-Agassi duking it out in YEC?

When I hear about baseball players in their prime having to be "rested", I am like try playing 3 hour matches on consecutive days -- now that's fatigue!

As you guys know, my tennis season hasn't gone well....that continued with districts today.....

My partner and I had to play the #1 undefeated seed from Dubuque....

Anyone who plays tennis knows you have to put a bit of force behind a tennis ball to lodge it in a fence....I did that today in warmups....I thought that was cool until the guy from Dubuque hit the ball thru the fence. At that point, I knew we were f***ed.

We lost 6-0, 6-0 to end the season.

We woulda had one game in there, as we were up 40-15 in one game, and I got a good 4 foot out of bounds as the guy from the other team was preparing to smash it....I thought I got out of the way....not so....I proceed to get smoked by a tennis ball in the arm that woulda been out by twenty feet except for the fact I'm slow.

Someone hold me.... :unsure:

a guy with the numbers 666

or 06066

in his sig

wonders why he got smoked 6-0 6-0 and got whacked with the ball

can we talk about a few themes here? :lol:

Tennis is an awesome game. Doubles are pretty gay, but singles? Just great. Combination of skill and athleticism and individuality that's probably unmatched. Federer-Agassi duking it out in YEC?

When I hear about baseball players in their prime having to be "rested",  I am like try playing 3 hour matches on consecutive days -- now that's fatigue!

Who's your tip for the French Open Brando? Personally I think Coria from Argentina will win with his superior record on clay. :o