Baseball Weekly has Sox ranked 12th

Bighurt52235

It has them ranked 6th in the American League.

It also says. "It doesn't take long to realize that they'll have to trade a key offensive player to boost a pitching staff that's not good enough to keep the Sox withing hailing distance of the Twins. Carlos Lee is first on the block so Joe Borchard can be boved to left rather than be miscast in center."

The person who wrote this is likely retarded.

It also says. "It doesn't take long to realize that they'll have to trade a key offensive player to boost a pitching staff that's not good enough to keep the Sox withing hailing distance of the Twins. Carlos Lee is first on the block so Joe Borchard can be boved to left rather than be miscast in center."

The person who wrote this is likely retarded.

if josh paul ends up our starting catcher then id rank us 19th too..lol

Let me guess -

behind NY, Anaheim, Oakland, Seattle and the Twins - but ahead of Boston. I suppose we should be surprised we weren't ranked 7th. As Jason says, preseason rating mean little and I hope our players see this and decide to show the ratings up

Preseason ratings are just that.  The Sox have a lot to prove and hopefully they do just that.

Exactly! Transactions, as much of a jip as it may be, are not looked at as much when putting out rankings in the offseason. They base most of the stats on what the White Sox did last season, and not what the Sox COULD do this season. Like ChiSoxFn said, the White Sox will have to prove themselves this season to be ranked higher in next year's offseason.

Speaking of the season of winning 116 games, I got to go to game 5 of the ALDS and root against Cleveland. :headbang Playoff games are exciting :P

I would love to fly up to Chicago to see a playoff game this year, on the South Side, of course.

How many of you went to the games against Seattle in 2000?

was at both games - there was nothing going to keep me from the Sox in the playoffs.

Hell, I was actually running for county clerk that year and missed not only part of my campaign to be at the playoff games, but also the earlier part of the campaign in the last months of the season since I wanted to be at Comiskey. Don't know how many Labor Day parades I missed but that was the weekend we had those wild games with Anaheim and I know I made the right choice. Also missed campaign events for a few other September games,

As I explained to the voters, I could run office any year but the Sox in the playoffs didn't happen all the time and I had my priorties.

Election results? I got the 3rd highest vote total that a Democrat every got in a county election here, in history.

Guest hotsoxchick1

no you know why i dont take everything i read to heart.....and why i make my own judgements on players and their abilities......geez us who really wrote this.. its like a science fiction novel........is stephen king moonlighting as a sports writer now too????????? :huh:

was at both games - there was nothing going to keep me from the Sox in the playoffs.

Hell, I was actually running for county clerk that year and missed not only part of my campaign to be at the playoff games, but also the earlier part of the campaign in the last months of the season since I wanted to be at Comiskey.  Don't know how many Labor Day parades I missed but that was the weekend we had those wild games with Anaheim and I know I made the right choice.  Also missed campaign events for a few other September games,

As I explained to the voters, I could run office any year but the Sox in the playoffs didn't happen all the time and I had my priorties.

Election results?  I got the 3rd highest vote total that a Democrat every got in a county election here, in history.

Youngest town councillor in Canada and publicly admitided to being far left in Redneck Alberta. Not, braggin' just suggestin' keep the faith.

Election results?  I got the 3rd highest vote total that a Democrat every got in a county election here, in history.

Youngest town councillor in Canada and publicly admitided to being far left in Redneck Alberta. Not, braggin' just suggestin' keep the faith.

Congratulations! That is impressive!

I should of have added that I got the 3rd highest vote total and still lost - the one person who got more votes than me, in two elections, was the only Democrat elected in this county in well over a century - so I did well given the circumstances -

very impressed with your election and service! Keep the faith, truly!

Lee will be trded this year.

I doubt it..... especially if the White Sox are contending this year. Couple that with the fact that KW has expressed his desire to make CLee the DH once he can get rid of Frank (make no mistake..... KW wants Frank OUT of Chicago's SS) and I just don't see the Sox getting rid of CLee anytime soon..... or as long as KW is the GM.

I doubt it..... especially if the White Sox are contending this year. Couple that with the fact that KW has expressed his desire to make CLee the DH once he can get rid of Frank (make no mistake..... KW wants Frank OUT of Chicago's SS) and I just don't see the Sox getting rid of CLee anytime soon..... or as long as KW is the GM.

Thomas is Reinsdorf boy.....Reinsdorf has a bit more power than Williams.

From this, I have concluded that Lee will be out of the south side before Big Frank.....or so I hope.

From this, I have concluded that Lee will be out of the south side before Big Frank.....or so I hope.

Exactly. I would much rather see Lee go than Thomas. Most people would pick Thomas over Lee in a battle for a DH spot. Also, the whole Reinsdorf situation, he would get rid of Lee before he got rid of Frank.

Exactly. I would much rather see Lee go than Thomas. Most people would pick Thomas over Lee in a battle for a DH spot. Also, the whole Reinsdorf situation, he would get rid of Lee before he got rid of Frank.

DH isnt as easy as it seems..especially with carlos lee's umm lack of attention span ,for lack of a better term, i could see carlos being back in the clubhouse when he was suppose to be at the plate....there is no guarentee carlos will make a good DH...id almost bet against it...