Daylan Holt

KipWellsFan

Holt is in the minor league camp. He was rated as one of Oakland's top 30 prospects last year, so he's got something going for him. Born in late 1978, so he's 24.

He put his swing together last year and personally, I think it's a good gamble for the Sox to take him.

Essentially, it was Foulke for Koch, Valentine for Cotts, and Mark Johnson for Daylan Holt. Mark Johnson is not a great loss ... good team guy, but at his ceiling. Holt has more upside and is coming on.

They are both horrible and won't make the team...conclusion who gives a crap?

I definitely do not agree with my fellow canadian on this one. From previous seasons and relatively young age I'm lead to believe Holt still has a chance at making the show. :rolleyes:

To be in the top 30 in an organization , it's nothing to get to excited about, with all the teams in MLB, it is really not a big deal, sorry he is 24 , not 25 I guess he will be MVP now with that extra year!

They are both horrible and won't make the team...conclusion who gives a crap?

I definitely do not agree with my fellow canadian on this one. From previous seasons and relatively young age I'm lead to believe Holt still has a chance at making the show. :rolleyes:

He's got great power potential. This season will be key for him. If he has another good year and builds on last year, his name will of been revived on the prospect lists.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR TB RBI BB SO SB CS AVG

D Holt 57 201 18 56 10 0 4 78 25 15 50 1 4 .279

That is his breakout season in the minors?

That isn't very good AA#s as far as I'm concerned, am I looking at the wrong information?