Top 03 of '02

Cali

Seeing as I spent most of my boring day(and night) watching those condensed game highlights at MLB.com of last seasons games, I decided to list my top 03 of '02, feel free to contribute if you want, or don't, I don't f***ing care...

03. White Sox 2 Red Sox 0 - Jon Garland DOMINATES the BoSox at Fenway, May 22, 2002

Man this was a hell of a permormence by JG. And on ESPN none the less. He only gave up one hit going into the 9th, 2 men got on he was pulled for ex-sox Keith Foulke who closed it down, back when that was his job.

02. White Sox 8 Blue Jays 4 10inn - Crede Slams the Blue Jays, August 27, 2002

Wow is all I can say about this one, this was the game that everybody started to see the real Crede, the one that we've been waiting for and will see for years to come. Not only does he jack a 2 run shot out to left center to tie it in the 9th, he comes up and jacks a laser into the Sox bullpen with the bases jacked to win it. Have yourself a game Joe Crede. Also later that week I believe he had a walk off single. It just keeps getting better and better.

01. White Sox 13 Cubs 9 - The Comeback, June 28, 2002

How couldn't this game be number 1? If you don't know what happened in this game you don't know s***. The everlasting impression for me from this game was right after Maggs' little ducksnort tied the game, and before Konerko jacked the 2-run shot. It seemed like the entire crowd was chanting "Paulie! Paulie! Paulie!" It sent chills down my spine, I knew something was about to happen, "...and now you know the rest of the story"

How couldn't this game be number 1? If you don't know what happened in this game you don't know s***. The everlasting impression for me from this game was right after Maggs' little ducksnort tied the game, and before Konerko jacked the 2-run shot. It seemed like the entire crowd was chanting "Paulie! Paulie! Paulie!" It sent chills down my spine, I knew something was about to happen, "...and now you know the rest of the story"

PK had been HBP earlier in the game - when he came to that at bat, everyone in the park KNEW he was going to hit a home run, and the chants of Paulie! were the first home run chants that I ever heard before a home run - we all knew what PK was about to do, and what a feeling it was - one of the most memorable at bats in Comiskey history -

CW, have you been drinking? Cuz ya spellings a but sloppy... :lol:

I pretty much agree with your nominations for the best but Id like to say one that I thought was the worst. When Buehrle lost the final game and his bid for 20. He was so good against the Twins all year and it was much of the same that day. But sadly, our deadly offense just never showed up... :(

Not only the best, single game of the year..... but, quite possibly, the best single game performance by one player of the year during the MLB regular season. I can watch that game over and over again..... and I get just as jacked watching HR number one, then HR number two as if it was happening all over again. PK was (and still is, IMO) the man that day.

And it just adds to the excitement that our opponent in that game was the Cubs. Heres a question to think about. I really loved watching both those games. But which one would you like more if the Crede game was against the Cubs and the major comeback was against the Jays? If you look at my favorite Sox moment it says the Crede game but its still a hard choice. I really dont have an answer...

I pretty much agree with your nominations for the best but Id like to say one that I thought was the worst. When Buehrle lost the final game and his bid for 20. He was so good against the Twins all year and it was much of the same that day. But sadly, our deadly offense just never showed up...  :(

IMO, the worst was that 19-0 loss to the world champion Angels. That was BRUTAL. and unfortunately, I was there to see it all.

As for the switch-about that oldroman proposed..of course I would choose the Crede homer in Cubs game. I dont care WHO hit that game winning homer, it just matters that it was done, and the sCrubs were handed their sorry little asses. :headbang

I pretty much agree with your nominations for the best but Id like to say one that I thought was the worst. When Buehrle lost the final game and his bid for 20. He was so good against the Twins all year and it was much of the same that day. But sadly, our deadly offense just never showed up...  :(

IMO, the worst was that 19-0 loss to the world champion Angels. That was BRUTAL. and unfortunately, I was there to see it all.

As for the switch-about that oldroman proposed..of course I would choose the Crede homer in Cubs game. I dont care WHO hit that game winning homer, it just matters that it was done, and the sCrubs were handed their sorry little asses. :headbang

Ya, many of us California Sox fans were there too see it. I actually think all of the ones in the SOCal area made it out for that lousy game.

Man, everytime I watch the two teams play the Angels kick the crap out of them.

This year get to not only see the Sox play the Angels but also the Dodgers, hopefully the Sox take care of business :headbang

they better, or you will be banned from any more games!  :lol:

I didn't got to one game because i thought I was cursed. Of course they can't win a damn thing on the entire West Coast so I realized I may just have to move to Hawaii, lol.

I did see them win a game 19-1 the year before though. Buerhle was the pitcher.

I pretty much agree with your nominations for the best but Id like to say one that I thought was the worst. When Buehrle lost the final game and his bid for 20. He was so good against the Twins all year and it was much of the same that day. But sadly, our deadly offense just never showed up...  :(

Ya, many of us California Sox fans were there too see it. I actually think all of the ones in the SOCal area made it out for that lousy game.

This year get to not only see the Sox play the Angels but also the Dodgers, hopefully the Sox take care of business :headbang

when do Dodger tix go on sale anyway?

They go on sale Saturday March 8th at 9am. I'll be in Arizona then, but do you want to figure out a way where we can sit in the same row or something like that?

They go on sale Saturday March 8th at 9am. I'll be in Arizona then, but do you want to figure out a way where we can sit in the same row or something like that?

yeah, how do you want to go about it?

That was pretty bad. But did it have an overall effect on the season? Not really, except it kept us from going over .500. But every loss did that so that doesnt really count. After the 19-0 loss ya go to bed and say its ok, well get em again tommorow. But not with Buehrles loss, then it cant happen for another year. And if we lost 5-2 and it was over at the beginning, it might be ok. But we lost it at the end, we lost it with victory in sight. And that really bites...

yeah, how do you want to go about it?

Doesn't matter to me. Do you want me to get you a ticket and then you can just pay me back at the game? I can call you before I order them or something or would you want to take care of that?

Doesn't matter to me.  Do you want me to get you a ticket and then you can just pay me back at the game?  I can call you before I order them or something or would you want to take care of that?

Hmmmm, It really doesn't matter to me either, depends on how many games you were planning on going to. Say if you were going to 2 games, I could by you a ticket and you can buy me a ticket to the other, a little checks and balances :D

Doesn't matter to me.  Do you want me to get you a ticket and then you can just pay me back at the game?  I can call you before I order them or something or would you want to take care of that?

Hmmmm, It really doesn't matter to me either, depends on how many games you were planning on going to. Say if you were going to 2 games, I could by you a ticket and you can buy me a ticket to the other, a little checks and balances :D

That sounds great to me. What game you want to get the ticket for and what game should I get it for? Also, where you want to sit?

Doesn't matter to me.  Do you want me to get you a ticket and then you can just pay me back at the game?  I can call you before I order them or something or would you want to take care of that?

That sounds great to me. What game you want to get the ticket for and what game should I get it for? Also, where you want to sit?

just to keep asking f***ing questions... :lol: which 2 games are you going to? Since the 7th has to be one of them I'll buy the tickets for the 7th, you do it for the 6th or 8th. I really don't know Dodger Stadium that well, didn't you say your Dad was a Dodger fan? See if he knows which are the quality seats to see at Chavez Ravine, within reasonable price range that is... ;)

just to keep asking f***ing questions... :lol: which 2 games are you going to? Since the 7th has to be one of them I'll buy the tickets for the 7th, you do it for the 6th or 8th. I really don't know Dodger Stadium that well, didn't you say your Dad was a Dodger fan? See if he knows which are the quality seats to see at Chavez Ravine, within reasonable price range that is... ;)

Ya, he's a Dodger fan, but he wouldn't have a clue when it comes to stuff like that. I'll get tickets for Friday's game...I think. The only reason I'd say Sunday is because there wouldn't be any traffic.

I won't be able to buy them till Sunday night though so you'll probably be able to get a bit better tickets then I will, but I don't think too many people will be buying these seats way in advance. Was looking the seating charge and the loge seats look pretty nice. They are like 17 bucks or something.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/m...ing_pricing.jsp

Ya, he's a Dodger fan, but he wouldn't have a clue when it comes to stuff like that. I'll get tickets for Friday's game...I think. The only reason I'd say Sunday is because there wouldn't be any traffic.

I won't be able to buy them till Sunday night though so you'll probably be able to get a bit better tickets then I will, but I don't think too many people will be buying these seats way in advance. Was looking the seating charge and the loge seats look pretty nice. They are like 17 bucks or something.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/m...ing_pricing.jsp

Sounds like a plan, I'll but Saturday, you buy Friday. True that sunday will have less traffic, for you, but I may not even go to that game. I'll probably buy my tickets saturday afternoon or so.