Top 03 of '02

Cali

The only reason I'd say Sunday is because there wouldn't be any traffic.

I'm so stoked about the Sox coming out here TWICE this season. First the Dodgers in June (6-8), then the Angels in August (11-14). Last year's 19-0 loss to the Angels was absolutely horrid. I was at work at the time, so I was listening on the radio, and listening to the homer Angel broadcasters going crazy was making me want to die. Hopefully we'll fare better in '03. I was at the 15-1 MAULING we gave them back in 2001 (Mags went deep twice and MB threw a 91 pitch CG, or something like that), so if all goes according to plan, there will be a repeat performance of that. :)

The only reason I'd say Sunday is because there wouldn't be any traffic.

I'm so stoked about the Sox coming out here TWICE this season. First the Dodgers in June (6-8), then the Angels in August (11-14). Last year's 19-0 loss to the Angels was absolutely horrid. I was at work at the time, so I was listening on the radio, and listening to the homer Angel broadcasters going crazy was making me want to die. Hopefully we'll fare better in '03. I was at the 15-1 MAULING we gave them back in 2001 (Mags went deep twice and MB threw a 91 pitch CG, or something like that), so if all goes according to plan, there will be a repeat performance of that. :)

I was at both of those games Clujer. I thought it was 19-1 for some reason, but now that you said it, it was 15-1 or so. I remember Rowand had a homer and like a double in the game too.

It was just an awesome game and I think we beat up on Jarrod Washburn that day. The same guy who pitched in the 19-0 whooping last year.

I'm like you though, I can't wait to see the Sox play in LA and then again in August.

Osuna striking out Sosa swinging to end the Saturday game after walking Bellhorn (i think) to put runners at 1st and 3rd with 2 outs

My grandson got up out of his seat when sam-me came to the plate and he said, "I want to see sam-me strike out" and he stood in the aisle so he had a clear unobstructed view of the plate - he made his announcement loudly so everyone in our area heard his strike out prediction -

and of course when sam-me struck out the kid was a hero prophet in the upper deck!

To commemorate the event, I bought him his first Cubs Suck t-shirt and he was so proud - and every time he went to Comiskey after that people asked him for his game predictions and bought him stuff and called him the good-luck charm -

He is something like 12-1 at games - I think he is the good luck charm.

and what a fun memory to be reminded of this gray overcast day - :)

I was at both of those games Clujer.  I thought it was 19-1 for some reason, but now that you said it, it was 15-1 or so.  I remember Rowand had a homer and like a double in the game too. 

It was just an awesome game and I think we beat up on Jarrod Washburn that day.  The same guy who pitched in the 19-0 whooping last year.

I'm like you though, I can't wait to see the Sox play in LA and then again in August.

Yep, it was 15-1 (I just checked to confirm it). And yeah, it seems like it was against Washburn. I went with a friend of mine who's a quasi-Sox fan, and he kept wanting to leave early when the game was no longer in doubt, but I refused. I was enjoying the beating far too much, and it was my only chance to see the Sox play that year, so I wasn't going to miss a minute of it. When Mags hit his 2nd HR of the game in the 8th or 9th inning, I remember standing up and clapping and how quiet the rest of the place was. Definitely a great moment for me.

I was at both of those games Clujer.  I thought it was 19-1 for some reason, but now that you said it, it was 15-1 or so.  I remember Rowand had a homer and like a double in the game too.  

It was just an awesome game and I think we beat up on Jarrod Washburn that day.  The same guy who pitched in the 19-0 whooping last year.

Yep, it was 15-1 (I just checked to confirm it). And yeah, it seems like it was against Washburn. I went with a friend of mine who's a quasi-Sox fan, and he kept wanting to leave early when the game was no longer in doubt, but I refused. I was enjoying the beating far too much, and it was my only chance to see the Sox play that year, so I wasn't going to miss a minute of it. When Mags hit his 2nd HR of the game in the 8th or 9th inning, I remember standing up and clapping and how quiet the rest of the place was. Definitely a great moment for me.

I wasn't going to leave either. I had just sat through so many losses agains the Angels. Every year they kick the crap out of the Sox. Usually the Sox take early leads and then would blow every game and end up giving up a ton of runs. It was one of the rare times that I could really see the Sox just pummell the Angels and I loved it.

Osuna striking out Sosa swinging to end the Saturday game after walking Bellhorn (i think) to put runners at 1st and 3rd with 2 outs

My grandson got up out of his seat when sam-me came to the plate and he said, "I want to see sam-me strike out" and he stood in the aisle so he had a clear unobstructed view of the plate - he made his announcement loudly so everyone in our area heard his strike out prediction -

and of course when sam-me struck out the kid was a hero prophet in the upper deck!

To commemorate the event, I bought him his first Cubs Suck t-shirt and he was so proud - and every time he went to Comiskey after that people asked him for his game predictions and bought him stuff and called him the good-luck charm -

He is something like 12-1 at games - I think he is the good luck charm.

and what a fun memory to be reminded of this gray overcast day - :)

Hey, Ive been to about 15 games at Comiskey in my life and Ive only lost once so I can be a good luck charm too... :lol:

I was at both of those games Clujer.  I thought it was 19-1 for some reason, but now that you said it, it was 15-1 or so.  I remember Rowand had a homer and like a double in the game too.  

It was just an awesome game and I think we beat up on Jarrod Washburn that day.  The same guy who pitched in the 19-0 whooping last year.

I wasn't going to leave either. I had just sat through so many losses agains the Angels. Every year they kick the crap out of the Sox. Usually the Sox take early leads and then would blow every game and end up giving up a ton of runs. It was one of the rare times that I could really see the Sox just pummell the Angels and I loved it.

Yep, get a pretty good game going and then blowing it sooner or later, thats pretty much the usual against the Angels. As for 19-0 whopping we got, I was there in the corner, watching my Angel-fan friends cheering like crazy. But I was determined to watch the whole game, because I only get to see them like once a year, and cant get broadcast games out here. So it was nice to see the Sox again, despite the score.