JM Comments on Flash...

DaSoxRox

One of JM's quote's after the win today:

"Man, whoo!" Manuel said when asked about Gordon's performance. "It's a matter of keeping him healthy. He can be pretty special."

Yeah, I know....it's only 1 inning in the 3rd ST game of the frickin' year......... but..........if we get Flash to keep his butt healthy all year, that right lefty setup combination with Marte could be awesome!

And how bout the performance by Garland today! After yesterday, it looks as if 1-2 and the 3 spot are lookin' pretty sharp, nice and early....now its up to Wright to notch a solid performance on his next start....

I'm feeling pretty good about things fella's... :headbang

When you get compliments like that from a manager....it is special....and then you have to consider that he is doing this in Arizona....whoo is right. We could very easily have the best bullpen in the majors....and the best offense...and, if a lot goes right(and I mean A LOT), we could have the best rotation too....that would mean Buehrle and Colon would have to keep up their success, Garland and Wright would both have to have ERAs under 4.00(and Garland probably under 3.50) and Rauch would have to be rookie of the year, giving us a 13-10 4.00 season or something of the likes. That's wishful thinking.....but we could still have the best offense, the best bullpen and a damn good rotation too...and our bench is quite deep as well.

I agree, ALOT has to go in our favor....I mean, you can't expect to have no injuries, so depth will be critical toward our success, but I must say, all systems are GO and things are pretty positive right about now....

....by the way, the Twinkies go hammered today by that tough Pittsburgh linup, 14-3 ;) although Mays did pitch the first two scoreless and I gather looked pretty good.....the rest of the guys (most I never heard of) got rocked..... :headbang

DaSoxRock, your avatar picture was really funny until that picture of Colon was posted -  :(

yeah, and can you imagine how fat he might get if he happens to find a couple of good late night greek fast food joints in and around Comiskey? You know, the ones with that nasty looking greasy meat they slice off?

I shudder to think my avatar might become a reality check by late summer!!! :lol:

I'm going to wait and see with all the pitchers. One outing or so doesn't mean much. All I want to hear are positive comments and good signs when I watch them throw this week. Typically these guys are practicing and working on a lot of things early during spring. Maybe adding another pitch or working on a specific pitch, therefor they throw it way more often and batters can sit on it, etc.

yeah, and can you imagine how fat he might get if he happens to find a couple of good late night greek fast food joints in and around Comiskey? You know, the ones with that nasty looking greasy meat they slice off?

OUCH DaSoxRox, that hurts seein that I'm a half Greek guy... Didn't know people around here don't like Gyros... It's called lamb buddy...

OUCH DaSoxRox, that hurts seein that I'm a half Greek guy... Didn't know people around here don't like Gyros... It's called lamb buddy...

Oh, yeah....gyro's......now don't get me wrong, I love Greek food and Greek people......actually got totally drunk once at a Greek wedding and had tons of fun smashing plates and stuff....but....I am always skeptical of food that takes on a different shape after processing......like, what are the actual ingredients to that cone of meat?

Anyway, yesterday's performance by all 5 guys, plus the solid outing the day earlier (with the exception of Almonte) IN ARIZONA, is something we should all be smiling about, regardless of the fact that its early March....I am pumped right about now!!!! :headbang

Chisoxfn, have a good flight down there and keep us posted!!!! :headbang