Today's Game

Cali

Although it's just spring training it's good to win these type of close games.  Gives the team confidence which is very underated when it comes to winning ball games. :headbang

Yep its nice to finally win some close games. Last year we were just ATROCIOUS at close ballgames.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's just spring training it's good to win these type of close games.  Gives the team confidence which is very underated when it comes to winning ball games. :headbang

That I agree with. We lost the Central to the Twins last season due in large part to our record in 1-run games. If it was late in the game last year, it just seemed like we choked and ended up losing. And although ST means very very little to me, winning close games is something that can definitely carry over into the regular season. And winning a close game after coming back from 6 down is also a very good sign.

:bringit

Just to clarify those were MLB.com Radio announcers...not Rangers announcers. That's why they are so bad.

Yeah, I was going to point that out, but I didn't see a need to -- they just stunk. At least they realize they suck, though. :)

I was listening earlier and I heard them talk about the SOX being at the level of the Royals, Indians, and Tigers. They are that bad not to even know the SOX are a good team.

I was listening earlier and I heard them talk about the SOX being at the level of the Royals, Indians, and Tigers. They are that bad not to even know the SOX are a good team.

Hmmm...I didn't hear that part, and I heard most of the game.

Maybe they were bunching them with those crappy teams because they will all be trying to dethrone the Twins -- but I don't know. If they're saying the other teams are as talented as the Sox are, then they are even more pathetic than I thought.

Although it's just spring training it's good to win these type of close games.  Gives the team confidence which is very underated when it comes to winning ball games. :headbang

That I agree with. We lost the Central to the Twins last season due in large part to our record in 1-run games. If it was late in the game last year, it just seemed like we choked and ended up losing. And although ST means very very little to me, winning close games is something that can definitely carry over into the regular season. And winning a close game after coming back from 6 down is also a very good sign.

:bringit

It is a good sign we finally win a game after being down all game long. This is a good sign and we can bring this up towards the season. Last year, I was so f***in pissed bcoz the SOX cant execute to get that RUN that wins the game. I know this is just a spring training game but Rooney and Farmer always says on the broadcast that SOX better start well bcoz it has trickle down effect towards the season.

Hmmm...I didn't hear that part, and I heard most of the game.

Maybe they were bunching them with those crappy teams because they will all be trying to dethrone the Twins -- but I don't know. If they're saying the other teams are as talented as the Sox are, then they are even more pathetic than I thought.

At the beginning, they cant seem to figure where the SOX will end up even though we added up Colon. But no hard feelings, its better for the SOX to be the underdog under the TWINS bcoz the past 2 years we have been the favorite and we end up 2nd. I think the excitement of the club and the drive to take over the Twins are great attitudes for the SOX to have this season.

I know this is just a spring training game but Rooney and Farmer always says on the broadcast that SOX better start well bcoz it has trickle down effect towards the season.

Well, that's what the announcers in today's game were saying. They said that the Sox had a poor ST last season, and that it carried over into the regular season and that they started off slowly. But, they were then corrected by some other scrub and he pointed out that the Sox were something like 26-17 at one point, before falling off the radar screen.

Now true, that was due in large part to a hot Konerko and .400 hitting Kenny Lofton. But, I think that too much emphasis is put on how a team does in ST. For the most part, I think players forget all about ST once the opening bell for the regular season dings, but like I said, things such as winning close games can have a carryover, so it's not completely worthless.