Milton probably out longer than expected

witesoxfan

link

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing....their starting rotation is now better....but what about their bullpen? It loses some depth and if a guy in the pen goes down, they are in deep s***.....as it is, the most they will have are Romero, Guardado, Hawkins, Fiore, Fetters and mystery man #6....if one of them goes down....their biggest strength from last year, aside from defense, goes to the s***ter. I have said I don't want to win the division with them being injured....but the more I think about it....any way we can get it is fine with me. I'm not wishing injury on them....but just wishing and hoping and knowing we will win the division.

link

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing....their starting rotation is now better....but what about their bullpen?  It loses some depth and if a guy in the pen goes down, they are in deep s***.....as it is, the most they will have are Romero, Guardado, Hawkins, Fiore, Fetters and mystery man #6....if one of them goes down....their biggest strength from last year, aside from defense, goes to the s***ter.  I have said I don't want to win the division with them being injured....but the more I think about it....any way we can get it is fine with me.  I'm not wishing injury on them....but just wishing and hoping and knowing we will win the division.

they could very well be headed down the road we traveled in '01

Santana is a horse

He's still unproven as a starter, maybe he won't be all that great...

Have you seen his stuff? It's frickin filthy....he may not be great...but I figure he'll probably win between 12-15 games with an ERA under 4.00.

Baggs....they may be...but it won't be as bad as our year. Man....nothing can compare to that year....for them to have a year like we had in 01....they'd have to lose Hunter, Reed, Fiore, Hawkins, Milton(for the entire year), and their best pitching prospect(whoever the hell that is)....something tells me that won't happen. Anyway we can win the division though.....I'm all for it.

Let's just hope he struggles, cause if the Twins get themselves a real ace were in trouble.

Not if their bullpen sucks. In 01, their starting pitching was awesome, but their bullpen sucked....and they won 85 games. In 02, their starting pitching was mediocre, at best, but their bullpen had an incredible year...and they won 94 games. For the record...they were a better offensive team in 01, and their defense really didn't change all that much.

Their bullpen had more to do with their success than their starting pitching did....for all I care, they can get that ace....as long as their bullpen suffers....and I believe it will