Rick Ballou Show says

WSoxShuf

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind losing a Rauch for Beltran...I really think he could solidify our OF (he makes impressive catches...not quite Edmonds-style...but still great) and add another bat to this already-killing-the-ball lineup! I wouldn't mind seeing a Beltran on here...I want a World Series, and he could help!

I wouldn't mind losing a Rauch for Beltran...I really think he could solidify our OF (he makes impressive catches...not quite Edmonds-style...but still great) and add another bat to this already-killing-the-ball lineup!  I wouldn't mind seeing a Beltran on here...I want a World Series, and he could help!

Not way Houston's goin to settle for Jon Rauch for Carlos Beltran. They gave up Dotel, and 2 good prospects for him. Beltran would be a luxury we can't really afford. I'd rather go after a good arm for the bullpen (Luis Ayala, Brian Fuentes etc.), and another good quality starter.

also NY times says

Cubs get nomar

Red Sox get Unit

Dbacks get Cubs prospects.

Rumors today have been flying around with Nomar going to the Cubs or White Sox. Pretty stupid deal though, why would we need Nomar when we've got Jose Valentin, who comes far cheaper, and is better in the clutch.

If we get Nomar, Randy Johnson and Beltran, I will personally go to Chicago and bow in front of Kenny William's home

Unless we are the Cleveland Indians and decide to give up all of our best prospects, that ain't gonna happen. We'll get 1 of those guys at the MOST.

Jokes apart, isn't it amazing that we are at least mentioned in these trade rumors

I love the excitement Kenny has brought to this organization.

I still remember the 2000 season and the fact that we did not do squat to improve our pitching at the deadline that year (I know we got Charles Johnson but we could have got a pitcher that year to help us put us over the top)

Rumors today have been flying around with Nomar going to the Cubs or White Sox. Pretty stupid deal though, why would we need Nomar when we've got Jose Valentin, who comes far cheaper, and is better in the clutch.

Remember the hard on kenny has for Nomar should be well known now

He did try to get Nomar for Maggs in the off season

I am pretty sure Kenny is looking at getting someone to add the bat that we will lose with Frank's injury. Valentin could be DH and Nomar could play SS

Suddenly you have two players who can hit LH, and you solve your problem of all right handed hitters

(If and) When Frank comes back, then let the better out of Valentin and Crede play 3rd B (if Crede picks it up in the second half) and let the better out of Willie and uribe play 2B and let the better out of Willie and Rowand play CF

Honestly... I think that this team should add a veteran Catcher and another arm in the pen.

The Marlins are a glowing example of how you dont need all those all-stars to win a title, we have the team... we just need to start playing with consistentcy.

Not way Houston's goin to settle for Jon Rauch for Carlos Beltran. They gave up Dotel, and 2 good prospects for him. Beltran would be a luxury we can't really afford. I'd rather go after a good arm for the bullpen (Luis Ayala, Brian Fuentes etc.), and another good quality starter.

Nowhere in my post did I say that Rauch would be the ONLY thing we'd have to give up.

i hate to mention the obvious, but it is the sCrubs that is in need of a ss and with this rumor, i would believe more that the sCrubs is the chicago team being mention. as i see it, they have the farm to give to what arz needs.

it is a ashame too, b/c i would have love to see rj here, however as long as it is not nyy that is not getting him, i am happy to say the least.

I wouldnt mind Beltran but for the right price (I say that a lot!) I dont want to give up our future for 2 1/2 months of Beltran.

did anyone mention who we would be losing???

last week, kw was a genius for getting freddy, now he is giving up toooo much for a beltran???

I agree with those who say what we really need is a solid reliever and a catcher. But, that being said, I'd take Beltran. I love how Rowand has been playing in recent months but Beltran is one of the best players in the game. I'd take him, sign him to the $14 million per year that Ordonez wants and let Ordonez leave at the end of the year. Beltran's a better all around player than Ordonez.

I agree with those who say what we really need is a solid reliever and a catcher.  But, that being said, I'd take Beltran.  I love how Rowand has been playing in recent months but Beltran is one of the best players in the game.  I'd take him, sign him to the $14 million per year that Ordonez wants and let Ordonez leave at the end of the year.  Beltran's a better all around player than Ordonez.

Beltran's not going to sign a deal with us no matter how much we offer, we don't negotiate with Scott Boras. He's going to the Yanks for 8 years $150 million, you can book it.

with the love affair that scott boras and the sox management has for each other, does anyone really think that any player who is represented by borass will sign with the sox???

I had forgotten about Boras. Forget everything I said. Beltran ain't comin' here. :crying

And, you know what -- I'm actually proud of our organization for not letting Boras hijack us. Signing his clients is never worth the money. I respect Boras for almost always getting more money for his clients than they are worth. I respect the White Sox for being smart enough not to overpay.

Nothing is carved in stone. Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras. I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo.

Things have a way of changing.

I heard to get Beltran, all we would have to give up are Rauch, Thomas Brice and Yasny.  I say make the deal NOW!

Hey I'm all for it! I'm sure Houston can use a 46 yr old centerfielder.

Wait. They have Biggio,