Buerhle to pitch season Opener!

bulokis

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sweet. Surprising, but I think its the Sox way of rewarding him.

rewarding what... it sucks he should be pitching the home opener......not the road opener.. who gives two s***s about that ..we want to see him in his house... not someone elses...............

Guest hotsoxchick1
Buehrle's a stud, and I'm glad he is pitching an opening game.  That's sweet as hell.

Whether it be home or road opener....as long as Buehrle's pitching, it is fine by me.  Happy to hear that.

well wouldnt you rather have mark pitch in front of you and the other home fans, instead of opening up on the road (where colon can do just as easily)..... this is marks home first.. colon came second.. it should be treated as such and mark should be the one to pitch in front of the home crowd on opening day.................jmho though.......

Sweet.   Surprising, but I think its the Sox way of rewarding him.

rewarding what... it sucks he should be pitching the home opener......not the road opener.. who gives two s***s about that ..we want to see him in his house... not someone elses...............

It's JMHO HSC..... but I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It is important to get the season off on a good note with a win. JM giving MB the ball for the Season Opener is the right decision. And whether he's pitching or not, I know a few Sox fans that are gonna let MB know he's appreciated on Chicago's Southside come player intros at USCF on Opening Day ;) :headbang

Buehrle's a stud, and I'm glad he is pitching an opening game.  That's sweet as hell.

Whether it be home or road opener....as long as Buehrle's pitching, it is fine by me.  Happy to hear that.

well wouldnt you rather have mark pitch in front of you and the other home fans, instead of opening up on the road (where colon can do just as easily)..... this is marks home first.. colon came second.. it should be treated as such and mark should be the one to pitch in front of the home crowd on opening day.................jmho though.......

That would be nice, if MB could pitch the home opener. But, it's wins and losses that count and if he pitches game 1 instead of game 4 that means one more start for him, at least, over the course of the season.

HSC, the only way mark pitches at USC on opening day is if he's the fourth starter, OR if he pitches on three days rest. both ideas are stupid.

whether it's mark or bartolo going opening day is fine with me.

Guest hotsoxchick1
They aren't giving this as a reward to Buerhle, it's a reward to Bartolo, because Colon wanted to pitch Cleveland's home opener.

im thinking you get the point i was trying to make. here wsf35.........why should provisions be made for bart to pitch in cleveland and no provisions be made for mark to pitch at home....i mean really who do we owe the loyality to more........this whole orig is starting to suck with the little bulls*** games kw and his staff play.. your either on his ass kissing list and coddled or your left out in the cold with the "trouble makers"..........third grade bull s*** run kw style............. :fyou him

Guest hotsoxchick1
Colon in home opener fine with me , Sox kissing MB ass is over, time he understands that. Mb starting opener is only set up for Colon to be home stud versus CLEV.

it may be fine with you but its not fine with alot of people... and the sox never kissed marks ass so i dont know where thats comin from.... further more why should they be kissing colons fat ass and making provisions for him to pitch against cleveland like he wants to.....he hasnt done s*** for us.......not yet anyhow.......his fat ass could easily go down like d wells did...........kw needs to learn the term loyality and learn when it should be used..... show it to the guys who got the team where it is with their hard work...show it to the fans who help pay his salary each year..... loyality isnt something he should be giving away to someone who hasnt done s*** for us yet just because he has a certian name................. :fyou him........

HSC , I respect you're opinion ,but when It comes to MB at times

you're closeness to him ,makes you're view on anything MB related pretty PRO MB and ANTI anyone else. When it comes to MB, MB is always 100% right in you're view and everyone else is 100% wrong. ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC , I respect you're opinion ,but when It comes to MB at times

you're closeness to him ,makes you're view on anything MB related pretty PRO MB and ANTI anyone else. When it comes to MB, MB is always 100% right in you're view and everyone else is 100% wrong. ;)

it has nothing to do with personal relationships...if garland , rauch, wright or whoever were our ace of the past few seasons i would be battling the same for them..... its the principle of the matter not the personal relationship.. this just so happens to be mark who is the ace..... believe me if it were any of the other guys i would be just as vocal about it...... you dont treat the hard workers like this....its not morally right...........capishe????

Guest hotsoxchick1

sorry maybe i should have stated that a while ago.... i would fight like this for any of our guys who deserve it......L O Y A L I T Y....... i think im gonna send kw a little letter with that printed on it over a thousand times.. maybe it will sink in??????lol..........

kw needs to learn the term loyality and learn when it should be used..... show it to the guys who got the team where it is with their hard work

They're starting 25 of the first 55 games between the 2 of them regardless -- I don't see how it matters what order they're in, so long as the starts are made and they do well. Isn't that the most important thing??

You said "Show loyalty to the guys who got the team where it is with their hard work". Well, to be VERY honest, where exactly has this team gotten? We've got some extremely talented players, and I think we have the potential for great success, but so far, all we've done is have 1 great regular season in which we went to the playoffs and got swept out like yesterday's garbage. And other than that, we've had an injury-plagued year in which we disappointed bigtime, and the following year - when we were "healthy" - in which we disappointed even more. So, I don't know what exactly KW should owe the players who could barely manage to play .500 last year.

KW's acquisition of Bartolo Colon proved to me (and many other Sox fans, I believe) that he is legitimately committed to winning in 2003. Whether or not we're renting him for a year remains to be seen. But, you can't say that he's not trying to win. IMO he's put a very talented team out on the field for 2003 -- it's up to those 25 men to come through and make us fans proud of them.

:bringit

sorry maybe i should have stated that a while ago.... i would fight like this for any of our guys who deserve it......L O Y A L I T Y....... i think im gonna send kw a little letter with that printed on it over a thousand times.. maybe it will sink in??????lol..........

Sadly I think the only thing that letter would do is give you writers cramp.

Guest hotsoxchick1
kw needs to learn the term loyality and learn when it should be used..... show it to the guys who got the team where it is with their hard work

They're starting 25 of the first 55 games between the 2 of them regardless -- I don't see how it matters what order they're in, so long as the starts are made and they do well. Isn't that the most important thing??

You said "Show loyalty to the guys who got the team where it is with their hard work". Well, to be VERY honest, where exactly has this team gotten? We've got some extremely talented players, and I think we have the potential for great success, but so far, all we've done is have 1 great regular season in which we went to the playoffs and got swept out like yesterday's garbage. And other than that, we've had an injury-plagued year in which we disappointed bigtime, and the following year - when we were "healthy" - in which we disappointed even more. So, I don't know what exactly KW should owe the players who could barely manage to play .500 last year.

KW's acquisition of Bartolo Colon proved to me (and many other Sox fans, I believe) that he is legitimately committed to winning in 2003. Whether or not we're renting him for a year remains to be seen. But, you can't say that he's not trying to win. IMO he's put a very talented team out on the field for 2003 -- it's up to those 25 men to come through and make us fans proud of them.

:bringit

omg lol you have obviously not been a sox fan for very long little man..... the order matters.... being the first at home matters....of course your too young to know that..........to be very honest this team got alot further before kw took charge.... all the way to the division title as matter of fact..and mark was one of those guys who helped get us there......and is one of a few left of that very team...........kw's aquisition of colon is a huge farce.. the only reason we have him is because the yanks couldnt keep him and didnt want him to go to boston... nothing more, nothing less.......dont fool yourself into believing that kw did this as a favor to the fans to show hes dedicated to winning.. the only thing hes dedicated to is his self image and kissing jr's ass so he can keep his job for a littlle while longer............

*** nuke that letter made me feel a ton better.... at least i got my issues off my chest and laid them in jr's lap.........i dont care if he answers me or not at least he knows how i feel and he will feel it next year when he doesnt get my money...........