FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards:

Chisoxfn

FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards: July 18th - 24th

By Jason Gage

July 26, 2004

FutureSox.com

FutureSox.com’s hitter of the week award will go to Kannapolis Intimidators’ second baseman Antoin Gray. The pitcher of the week award will be given to Charlotte Knights pitchers Josh Stewart and Felix Diaz. This week’s performers excelled statistically and have earned this honor. This award is for the games from July 18th, 2004 to July 24th, 2004. Both awards were co-awards this week...MORE

Thanks, It was really hard this week. Aaron McNeal had a great week too, so did Sweeney, Fields, Nelson, Valdez offensively.

Pitching wise, it was hard to overlook Bullard. He pitched awesome relief in one game, then went 7 innings in a starter later in the week. Baj and Sanders were awesome out of the pen for Charlotte as well.

And Dan, since I wasn't online this week, I'm waiting to know whether I made a better call this time around :)

Thanks, It was really hard this week.  Aaron McNeal had a great week too, so did Sweeney, Fields, Nelson, Valdez offensively. 

Pitching wise, it was hard to overlook Bullard.  He pitched awesome relief in one game, then went 7 innings in a starter later in the week.  Baj and Sanders were awesome out of the pen for Charlotte as well.

And Dan, since I wasn't online this week, I'm waiting to know whether I made a better call this time around :)

I forgot about Bull's outing this week. He pitched great. Man, that was a tough decision to make...

A couple of mistakes that I wasn't sure what to make of them:

Nelson’s best game was on July 24th, when he went 4-5 with two doubles, a homer, two RBI, and a run scored.

This was under Gray as hitter of the week....

He did a decent job with the White Sox, but was hit by a pitch in a game versus the Orioles.

This was under Stewart as pitcher of the week. How can a pitcher get hit by a pitch in an AL park? I thought it was line drive, but instead of making the mistake myself and making it worse I'll let you fix it to whatever you meant.

And I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but I have a hard time believe Sweeney is a runner up while his average went up 3 points to .275 during the week. It's not like he is a speedster or a power hitter so what was impressive?

Edited by danman31