Today's Game

clujer420

Jim....those were White's numbers in Colorado(inflated due to the thin air factor....or in other words, the Darryl Kile effect....which is very much like Arizona). In 2002, White had a 2-6 record with a 6.20 ERA in 42.6 innings in Colorado. In St. Louis(which is more like Chicago), he had a 3-1 record with a 0.82 ERA in 22 innings.

I'm not worried.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn...finally I can hear these guys again...

I don't know what happened, but the A's are now hitting. I think it's still tied up at 4

White still in the game, bottom 6

Hmmm..my feed keeps f***ing up. This is getting very annoying.

There was a 2-strike count on Dye, but I don't know what happened

- Well, now I know what happened. Durazo just bombed one to put the A's back ahead 5-4

- Gant pops up, and D'Angelo makes the catch for the 2nd out

- Ball hit back to White, he can't handle it, and somehow the runner is safe (my feed, once again, f***ed up). Ruled an infield single. White's looking kinda shakey.

- Grounder to Willie Harris (they think, in for Graffy I guess) for the 3rd out.

End 6, 5-4 A's

My play by play sucks today :(

Bottom 7

Munoz in the game

- Mark Ellis gets yet another extra basehit. Lead-off double

- Flyball into CF on a 3-2 count. Runner holds at 2nd

- Called strike 3 on a 3-2 count. 2 down. Runner still standing out and 2nd base

- Basehit into CF...run scores (f***)...Harris guns down runner trying to stretch it into 2. End 7, Sox down 6-4

Bottom 8

Damaso in (you know what that means...Porzio likely in for the 9th if need-be :ph34r: )

- Lead-off walk (never good)

- Grounded past 3rd into left...runners at 1st and 3rd, 0 out :o

- Popup on left side. Hummell (3rd base) make the catch. 1 down.

- YEAH...swing and miss on 3-2 count. 2 away

- Liner to SS...3 outs

Marte out of a 1st and 3rd, 0 out jam...nice indeed.

Going to the 9th, tied at 6

Once again, clujer i really appreciate this, now I dont have to listen to the game while my computer gets f***ing slow. We've had quite a few homers today, including a couple off of Keith Fulck. :headbang

Another shaky appearance by Rick White..but im not worried yet.

Top 9...tie game, 6-6

Some guy named Booey in to pitch (is it Bababooey?)

- Rowand lines one to the pitcher who knocks it down, picks up, throws out Aaron. 1 out

- Olivo (0-1; flyout) skies one to CF for the 2nd out

- Nunez (SS) stares at strike 3. Inning over

Going to the bottom of the 9th...Porzio is likely to come in. Hopefully he can have a solid outing. :unsure:

As expected, Porzio in to start the A's half of the 9th

- Called strike 3 on a 2-2 pitch. 1 away

- Popup into short left, Nunez out to make the catch. 2 down

- Grounder to 2nd base for the final out of the inning.

1-2-3 for Porzio, preserving the game, and his slim chances of making the 25-man roster

Extra innings baby!!!!

Top 10

- Sanders flies one to RF for the first out

- Valenzuela (0-1) hits one down the RF line but it's run down nicely by the Oakland RF'er. 2 away

- Burke gets HBP (not surprising) in the back

- Borchard (7 for 34 this Spring <_< ) goes down swinging on a pitch out of the zone. Side retired

Nice job Porzio. But there is NO way he can make that 25 man roster. White, Wunsch, Rauch, Loaiza, Heredia, Glover are all ahead of him.

Well, I agree that he probably won't make the team.

But, one of the guys on the team won't be Rauch (unless he's our #5 starter). Having him pitch out of the bullpen for an inning or 2 a couple times a week is not as good as starting every 5 days in AAA. I think that's where he'll be to start the year.

Bottom 5

Rick White in to pitch

Numbers on Josh Stewart -- 4 IP, 4 hits, 1 run, 1 k, ? bb -- pretty good I'd say.  Not great, but definitely workable.

- Terrence Long leads off with a walk (not good)

- Bouncer through the left side of the infield.  Runners on 1st and 2nd, nobody down

- Mark Ellis (2-2; double, HR) pops up to the right side, Paulie makes the catch in foul territory.  1 away

- Ugh...3-run HR for Scott Hatteburg (sp?) on a 3-2 pitch.  4-2 bad guys.  Lead off walk comes in to score (not surprising)

- 3 pitch strikeout for the next guy...2 down

- Chavez grounds out to end the inning.

2 hits, 1 dreaded walk, 3 runs, 0 left

End of 5, 4-2 A's

White has really sucked thus far in spring. I think the Sox will have him on a tight rope when he starts the season. He is a vet so he'll get the benefit of the doubt, but we may just have 3 lefties in the pen if he struggles with Munoz or Sanders replacing him or righty Almone could come in.

Hey Guys, if Rick White, who is not related to Todd Ritchie,  makes the team, we see a lot of innings like the one he had today.

I'm feeling things the same way. He pitched awesome late last season though, so we'll see, but I'd have him on a short/tight rope.