Wylie to DL, Larson to Charlotte

Heads22

Only thing I can think of is that Larson isn't really going to pitch and they didn't want to do that to someone in Bham.

Ding. Plus Kanny is closer to Charlotte than Birmingham so it's easier in that regard, I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

Wylie was basically the last guy out of the bullpen in Charlotte, rarely used. Larsen will fill that same role.

The move was simply to keep key pitchers in their same roles. You do a disservice to both the player and their original team (note Birmingham and W-S both are in a pennant race) if you promote a player and rarely use him.

See Tommy Nicholson and Jonathan Aceves for past examples of "organizational" moves.

I think that was a great explanation of why they have 'organizational' moves. When I first heard Rex use that term, it fits perfectly. I don't know if you made it up or not, but it's perfect. I had never heard of such a move until you mentioned them once or twice.

Wylie was basically the last guy out of the bullpen in Charlotte, rarely used.  Larsen will fill that same role. 

The move was simply to keep key pitchers in their same roles.  You do a disservice to both the player and their original team (note Birmingham and W-S both are in a pennant race) if you promote a player and rarely use him. 

See Tommy Nicholson and Jonathan Aceves for past examples of "organizational" moves.

Good post Rex, what I was going to say. We do this very often, no since bouncing around guys for 2 weeks at a time etc...