If Danny goes down for a while....

Cali

26 members have voted

1. 1. If Danny goes down for a while....

• Gil Heredia
    • Josh Stewart
    • Jon Rauch

Guest hotsoxchick1

yikes.... well with heredia being the one with more experience i say take him.. rauch just doesnt look ready enough..............what worries me most about dannys arm right now is they are not talking about the injury... kw usually likes to keep serious stuff "mumms the word"......if it were nothing to worry about we would have heard it by now.......

Guest hotsoxchick1
You gotta stay positive, plus it's only inflammation. Which means worst case scenario is Danny misses 10-15 more days tops....

we hope its only inflammation........we will know soon enough though im sure.. .17 more days till season opener.......those 10-15 will go by really fast.......

Based on how they've pitched in ST, I went with Stewart

I went with Stewart as well.....thw way Heredia talked after the game it looks as if the handwriting is already on the wall....he was making comments like..."I'll possibly have one more start, if it works out, it works out. But I'm not going to beg and dwell." He then joked he might start throwing a knuckleball. "I can still smile about all this," he said....doesn't sound like a guy with a whole lot of confidence about his chances...

Rauch? here's his comments after his subpar performance: "I threw horrible," he said. "I couldn't locate. I kept walking guys. It's frustrating." ...my guess is he's a lock for AAA...

Therefore, its Wright or Stewart or ????....maybe a KW pickup if he finds a guy cheap/desperate enough for a job....

I went with Stewart as well.....thw way Heredia talked after the game it looks as if the handwriting is already on the wall....he was making comments like..."I'll possibly have one more start, if it works out, it works out. But I'm not going to beg and dwell." He then joked he might start throwing a knuckleball. "I can still smile about all this," he said....doesn't sound like a guy with a whole lot of confidence about his chances...

Rauch? here's his comments after his subpar performance: "I threw horrible," he said. "I couldn't locate. I kept walking guys. It's frustrating." ...my guess is he's a lock for AAA...

Therefore, its Wright or Stewart or ????....maybe a KW pickup if he finds a guy cheap/desperate enough for a job....

Isn't that an accurate description of Heredia?

Isn't that an accurate description of Heredia?

Yep, your right....except I think what KW and the rest of us are quickly figuring out....he's not ready, or he's finished.....either way, it doesn't do us any damn good....

WHAT ABOUT LOAIZA??! He is a veteran pitcher who should be our #5 starter if Wright is not well. Number 4 would then be big old Jon Rauch.

They were talking to JM in the dugout during the game and he mentioned the possibility of Loaiza being the #4 and Wright, if he can pitch 65-70 innings being the 5th and being brought back slowly...the way he sounded, and the way Loaiza's pitching today (just watched him throw his 6th K here in the 5th), he's almost a lock....if Wright is NOT ready, then I think were looking at Heredia or Stewart.....Rauch will be starting the year in AAA...

I got to go with none of the above and picking up another pitcher. With a #4 as a ? and a ? of a #5 it just wouldn't be worht it. I'd talk to Finley, but I wouldn't want to lose a draft pick. Then I'd turn to a pitcher that has fallen out of liking or a team that is just looking to cut payroll and hope JR was willing to add it. Maybe take all of Vazquez's contract and give them two pithcing prospects. For anyone else, if we take on their contract, then we give up nothing but some bums in return cause thats how the trading has worked thus far this offseason.

I'd say Josh Stewart, but I'd flip-flop him and Loaiza (to avoid back-to-back lefties with Buehrle/Stewart).

However, we better hope Danny is ready to go soon because Loaiza/Stewart is a much bigger question mark IMO than Loaiza/Wright is.

If Wright goes down...

Buerhle

Colon

Garland

Rauch

Loaiza

Rauch will not be coming up north right away....he will definately be going to Charlotte to pitch against AAA-level hitters and get his control in order......

I think they are seriously considering Stewart as the #5 if Wright's not ready to go....

If Wright is not ready to go, Stewart seems to be the only other option at this point.  At least the only effective option.  Getting Jon Rauch out of Arizona may solve his problems, but that's a big gamble.

Rauch isn't looking too hot right now. If Danny is out for awhile, for the time being, Loaiza and Stewart will probably occupy the 4-5 spots in the rotation.