Today's game

clujer420

Hey guys

Thank god there are some half-way decent announcers today (at least they are so far)

We've got Esteban Loaiza on the hill today, and in the top of the first, he allowed 1 hit and struck out 2.

I tried to watch the game at MLBtv.com, and it told me that I didn't have enough network bandwidth or some BS, so I'm having to listen to it. Anyone know what I can do (if anything) to get it to work?

Anyway, through a half inning, and the Sox coming up!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom 1

- Lead-off single sharply hit by D'Angelo Jimenez

- Jose Valentin pops up to the 3rd baseman in foul territory

- Frank Thomas ("having a great spring", according to the announcers) walks on a 3-2 pitch, 2 on for...

- O-E-O (hitting over .400), who pops up to RF for the 2nd out

- Paulie (.500 BA yet again) got out somehow (I couldn't make out how), but anyway...

1 hit, 2 left on

End 1, no score

They're saying Rauch hasn't shown anything to the team that is going to get him onto the team out of Spring Training -- I would tend to agree

Top 2

- Nice play by Valentin on a grounder by Lenny Harris for the 1st out

- Gapper into left-center for a 1-out double for Midre Cummings

- Fister into RF scores a run...Cubs lead it early 1-0

- Strike-em out, throw em out DP baby! Olivo guns him out

1 run, 2 hits

End 1 1/2, Cubs up 1-0

Bottom 2

- Lee leads off with a liner into LF for a basehit

- Crede basehit up the middle...Lee made a NICE fake of Tom Goodwin (he faked like he was going to pull up and stop at 2nd, then started again) and made it into 3rd with no throw

They said that Crede's numbers last year were pretty much what we should expect for 2003. They did say that his HR total might have been a bit inflated, but basically expect the same.

- Rowand grounds into a force out, and the Cubs f*** up and drop the ball (it would have been a DP), so Rowand is safe. Run scores, and Rowand's at 1st. Game tied at 1

- Hit and run works to perfection, Olivo hits it into LF, Rowand to 3rd...1st and 3rd, 1 out

They talked about the catcher situation. Manuel doesn't know whether or not he'll carry 3 catchers. The announcers praised Olivo's defense.

- Jimenez (1-1; single) grounds to SS, it goes between his legs...the Cubs kick it around for a while (:lol:)...Olivo coming home...SAFE at the plate. 2 score, Jimenez to 2nd...Sox take the lead 3-1

- Valentin (0-1) pops up on a 3-1 pitch for the 2nd out

- Thomas (0-0; bb) ropes an RBI single off the 3rd baseman's glove...4-1 Sox

They're wondering if Frank has an incentive clause in his contract for stolen bases. :D

- Mags (0-1) pops up on a 3-0 pitch :angry:

Inning over

4 runs, 4 hits, 2 errors, 1 left

Through 2, Sox 4 Cubs 1

Top 3

- Damien Miller flies into left-center, Rowand makes the catch...1 down

- Tom Goodwin hits a 1-hopper to Konerko at 1st...2 away

- Bobby Hill chops one to Valentin to end the inning

1-2-3, and 4 in a row retired by Esteban

Through 2 1/2, Sox still lead it 4-1

Bottom 3

- Konerko (0-1) bounces one to 3rd, tough play made..throw to 1st is low..Konerko safe on an infield single

- Lee (1-1; single, run) hits a DP ball..ball through Bobby Hill's legs again :lol: and runners now on 1st and 2nd w/ 0 out

- Crede (1-1; single) hits looper into CF..Goodwin in to make the catch..runners stay put..1 away

- Rowand (0-1) lines one into RF..catch made, Konerko tags and moves into 3rd for...

- Olivo (1-1; single) walks on a full count. Bases loaded for...

- Jimenez (1-2; single, reached on error) flies out to left to retire the side

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 error, 1 walk, 3 stranded

End 3, Sox lead it 4-1

Top 4

- Troy O'Leary goes down swinging

They're saying that Loaiza is a shoe-in for the rotation. Heredia hasn't looked good, and Rauch has struggled too. They said this is the best Loaiza has looked this spring.

- Choi goes down swinging as well (#5 for Loaiza)

- Lenny Harris jammed, goes to Jimenez, thrown out to end the inning

7 in a row retired by Loaiza (he's impressing me a lot)

Through 3 1/2, Sox lead it 4-1

Bottom 4

- Valentin (0-2) bounces one past Bobby Hill for a lead-off single

The Sox have got the lead-off batter on base all 4 innings (that's a nice change of pace)

- Frank (1-1; bb, single, rbi) gets hit in the back with a 2-2 curve. 2 on, 0 out for...

- Magglio (0-2) grounds one into LF...run scores, Sox lead it 5-1

LOL!!! One of the announcers just said that someone should buy the Cubs defenders the Tom Emansky video "How to Play Defense". Too f'n funny.

"This White Sox offense doesn't have a weakness" -- one of the announcers :bringit

- Konerko (1-2) flies into CF on a 2-0 pitch. 1 down

- Lee (1-2; single, run, reached on error). Wild pitch moves Thomas and Magglio to 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Lee hits grounder that scores Thomas. Sox up 6-1. Mags still at 2nd

- Crede (1-2; single) strikes out looking

They're still raving about Olivo. They said his throw out of the baserunner earlier was like a video game it was such a laser beam. That's nice to hear. :)

2 runs, 2 hits, 1 HBP, 1 left

End 4, Sox lead it 6-1

Top 5

Loaiza still in the game for his 5th inning of work

- Midre Cummings goes down...he'll grab some bench. 6th strikeout for Esteban

- Grounder to Valentin, makes the play and the throw...2 down

- Popup to Konerko for the 3rd out.

10 in a row retired by Esteban. Hello rotation, Mr. Loaiza.

Through 4 1/2, Sox up 6-1

Bottom 5

- Rowand (0-2) lines one to left for a basehit. Lead-off guy on for the 5th time

- Olivo (1-1; single, bb) flies out to RF for the 1st out

- Jimenez (1-3; single, reached on error) grounder up the middle snared, to 2nd for one, onto 1st for a 6-4-3 DP

Through 5, Sox up 6-1

Loaiza is lookin darn good and I think he will make the rotation but lets remember this is ST against the Cubs. Shutting them down doesnt make esteban Loaiza the next Randy Johnson... :lol:

But anyway, hes looking pretty good and I think hes our fourth/fifth starter, depending on what happens to Danny...

Top 6

Arnie Munoz in for Loaiza (Loaiza gave up 3 hits, 1 run, and struck out 6 in 5 innings)

Nunez in for Valentin at SS

Daubach in for Konerko at 1b

Harris in for Jimenez at 2b

Hummell in for Crede at 3b

Burke in for Olivo at C

Valenzuela in for Lee in LF

- Damian Miller hits a flare over Nunez's head for a lead-off single

- Tom Goodwin hits it to Harris..makes a nice play..throws to 1st in time..runner moves to 2nd, 1 out

- Bobby Hill hits high pop up to LF caught by Mario for the 2nd out. Miller still on 2nd

- Bouncer to Harris, off his glove into RF, run scores. 6-2 Sox.

- Choi hits it to Harris, who fields it and throws to 1st to retire the side.

2 hits, 1 run, 1 left

Through 5 1/2, Sox lead it 6-2

Loaiza seems to be in total command of his pitches...he's got great control and he seems to be having alot of movement on his fastball....this is good....

Well, Im not watching on TV so I can only see the stats and dominating such a weak team in ST usually doesnt mean much. But if hes looking as good as you say I could be wrong, and in this case that isnt neccesarily a bad thing... :)

Maybe we get lucky and to be honest fellas, I'm kind of doubting Jon Rauch a bit. I love his curveball and I've yet to see him pitch yet. I liked him last year but this guy shouldn't be struggling. Then again, curve ball pitcher struggle in Arizona and Rauch's best pitch has to be the curve. None of his other pitches really have great movement so he has to rely on command and other things. Hopefully he's gonna get things in gear.

As far as Loiaza goes, this sounds good. I wonder if he's throwing softer for some reason. I remember Matthew mentioning that Loiaza threw in the mid 90's. Either way, maybe the Sox get lucky with Loiaza. The guy has good stuff and is a veteran, now would be about the time to put everything together :headbang

Bottom 6

- Harris (1st AB) grounds out to second. 1 out

- Rios (hitting for Frank) chops one to second. 2 down

- Magglio (1-3; single, rbi) grounds out to short to end the inning.

1-2-3 go the Sox

Through 6, the good guys lead it 6-2