Catching Solution

MurcieOne

He cant hit at the major league level. And his ability to work with pitchers has also been questioned.

But i would perfer him throwing out base runners for the sox :)

I think everyone would prefer a young gun like Olivo over Alomar. It's just that Olivo isn't ready. Sandy will catch until May or June, and then when his legs give out and/or Olivo is ready, Miguel will be ready to take over, or so we hope.

It's just that Olivo isn't ready.

Exacty right. If it was just the bat it could be overlooked. But he lost a lot of time in learning how to work with pitchers... due to language problems...

Plus the organization has shown its willing to take its time and move young hitters along slowly, gives them more of a chance to susceed, and it also helps in that they dont reach FA till there late 20s early 30's... therefore they are more in there prime and we get more years of production out of them...

Guest hotsoxchick1

If it was just the bat it could be overlooked. But he lost a lot of time in learning how to work with pitchers... due to language problems...

just wondering here.... where did you hear such a thing?????????? :huh:

If it was just the bat it could be overlooked. But he lost a lot of time in learning how to work with pitchers... due to language problems...

just wondering here.... where did you hear such a thing?????????? :huh:

Over at the other boards i visit.... heheh thats where rex came from... and blacksox... they told us they come here too... so i came for a looksy.....

ahh that explains alot then......lol.........

How so?

ive seen those boards........lol..............

ah... hehehe... never seen you post there... been with most of those guys since the chisports.com boards had a simliar format 2 years ago...

I read where Olivo's problems were due to him taking a while to learn english.  Now he's improved a whole lot and he may not be perfect but its not longer much of a concern.

His speaking to the pitchers is no longer a concern... but he lost valuable time in learning how to handle pitchers... thats the primary reason alomar was brought back... to hopefully help him learn those things... they will send him down to AAA for a couple months... get his head straight... his swing working again... and then call him up and have him learn from alomar...

Guest hotsoxchick1
ahh that explains alot then......lol.........

How so?

ive seen those boards........lol..............

ah... hehehe... never seen you post there... been with most of those guys since the chisports.com boards had a simliar format 2 years ago...

i dont post there.. all i said was i have seen those boards...lol.... most of those guys were at the old boards before mlb got greedy and decided to take things over.....i used to post at the old boards, made the switch with a few others and decided this was the new home..........

I don't know if Miguel is ready or not. I haven't seen him yet. But if he can't handle major laegue pitching at this point, they really need to send him down. And that is for the sake of his developement. I'd rather see him in AAA for a year too long, than have him called up a year too soon. He's got the cannon hanging from his shoulder and I want to see this become a solid major league catcher someday.