BMacs combined numbers

Palehosefan

Thought this should deserve its own thread, and didn't see his combined numbers anywhere. So I calculated them myself. These numbers are just sick, in my opinion BMac's our best pitching prospect in a few years atleast.

16-5 3.48 era, 158 innings pitched, 122 hits given up, 26 walks, 188 strikeouts. More than 7 K's to each walk. :o

I love most of all his disgusting WHIP of 1. That just doesn't happen unless you are f***ing dominant. Let me put it this way, only 2 Major League starters have a sub 1 WHIP: Randy Johnson and Johan Santana. Now I'm not saying BMac is going to be as good as those, but he has been as dominant in the minors as they are in the majors.

Only Ben Sheets has a better ML K/BB ratio this season.

Only Oliver Perez has a higher K/9 in the ML.

Again, not comparing BMac to any of these pitchers, just trying to gage BMac's dominance numbers wise this season. And don't think this will translate into ML numbers even close, it's a long way away. Just having fun with his numbers. :D

BMac is 5th on this week's hot sheet from BA.

Add up his performances across three levels and you get a 17-5, 3.05 record with 197 strikeouts and just 28 walks issued in 165 innings. He leads the minor leagues in wins in stikeouts. That is the definition of emerging pitching prospect.

Thats awesome that he's leading the minors in K's and wins.

I can't wait to see how he does Wednesday night against Chattanooga, a veteran hitting team that happens to be 45-19 in the second half this year.

What's Chattanooga gonna feature, Rex?

(My calculation is that McCarthy starts today and on the 6th...so this is the second to last AA start for BMac this year).

What's Chattanooga gonna feature, Rex?

(My calculation is that McCarthy starts today and on the 6th...so this is the second to last AA start for BMac this year).

McCarthy won't start on the 6th. A playoff rotation has not yet been set, but expect him to go in Game 1 or 2 in Mobile on the 8th or 9th. Mobile features a powerful lineup where most of their power comes from the right side. Mobile is a much better hitter's park so I would guess they will go with Villacis and McCarthy down there to try and neutralize that power. They'll probably save the lefties for Games 3-5 at the Hoover Met. He may see a little action out of the bullpen in Montgomery this weekend as they set the rotation.

Chattanooga has a good combination of speed and power. A good mix of younger prospects (Encarnacion) and vets. They pitch very well - last night was the first game out of 6 this year that the Barons scored more than 2 runs against them - and just play very well as a team.