WR Tyrone Calico, 12th round

D/ST Houston Texans, 15th round

K Josh Brown, 14th round

what you guys think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Boldin is not out for the year, at least not yet. Certainly a few weeks though. I think you made some poor choices. I would assume that you picked 9th or 10th since you got Moss in the first. You gotta take a RB with one of your first two picks, there just aren't enough good ones to go around. I know Culpepper is one of the top QB's, but you gotta get one of the top 15 RB's or so. I think it was a bit of a reach to get Jones in the 3rd too. Admittedly I don't know who was available, but I gotta think there were other strong options out there. How many teams are in this league? From the looks of your team it's gotta be a pretty deep league.

I just drafted mine Sunday I am in a two player keeper league with some friends

PLAYERS KEPT

Alexander

Westbrook

ROUND 1 pick#8 Jamal Lewis

2 Mcnair

3 Moulds

4 Andre Johnson

5 Plummer

6 Keyshawn Johnson

7 Franks

8 Duckett

9 Stephen Jackson

10 Vinitieri

11 Jaguars d

12 Terrell

13 nedney

14 Witten

You gotta take a RB with one of your first two picks, there just aren't enough good ones to go around.

That's exactly right. I drafted Tomlinson and Green with my first two picks before the season started in 2003, and I absolutely slaughtered everyone in my league (12 teams). I mean, it wasn't even fair. I finished ahead of the second place team by more than 200 points (touchdowns = 6 points).

Always, always, always make the running game your #1 priority.

QB Dante Culpepper, 2nd round

QB David Carr, 13th round

RB Thomas Jones, 3rd round

RB Chris Brown, 4th round

RB Lee Suggs, 5th round

RB Quentin Griffin, 7th round

RB Julius Jones, 8th round

RB Steven Jackson, 10th round

WR Randy Moss, 1st round

WR Jevon Walker, 6th round

WR Ashley Lelie, 9th round

WR Anquan Boldin, 11th round

K Josh Brown, 14th round

what you guys think?

you are very weak at running back

Moss is a solid pick, but Boldin and Calico are both hurt, and out for a while... Your other WR's are a little sketchy

Culpepper and Carr should be good at QB, Culpepper IMO is the best Fantasy QB there is..

Defense should be fine, they improved a lot

Kicker is fine

QB Dante Culpepper, 2nd round

QB David Carr, 13th round

RB Thomas Jones, 3rd round

RB Chris Brown, 4th round

RB Lee Suggs, 5th round

RB Quentin Griffin, 7th round

RB Julius Jones, 8th round

RB Steven Jackson, 10th round

WR Randy Moss, 1st round

WR Jevon Walker, 6th round

WR Ashley Lelie, 9th round

WR Anquan Boldin, 11th round

K Josh Brown, 14th round

what you guys think?

wow being able to grab stephen jackson that late is always really good with faulks status declining the past 2 seasons

I would say you definitely had a solid RB core but that is majorly offset by the weak WR core you have with boldin and calico both out for a long stretch. I could see holding onto Boldin but why hold onto calico when better options are for sure available.

Another issue is with Javon Walker, IMHO he is on the the most overrated fantasy WR and i dont know why everyone as my friend says "has a hard on" for the guy sure he scored 9 TD last year but he hasnt shown me anything and he isnt even the #1 WR on his team yet people will take him really early on even before Driver.

The Texans D is also a question for your team as I bet there are better options out there but then again I am not sure how your scoring is but I really wouldn't want them as my #1 option for defense even though they haven't been that bad.

Lastly, I was wondering if you were hoping for the double dip with Moss and Culpepper or were you just lucky enough to get both of them?

EDIT: what pick and how many teams drafted?

I would guess 10 teams and you picked 8 or 9

Edited by AssHatSoxFan

No, Boldin is not out for the year, at least not yet. Certainly a few weeks though. I think you made some poor choices. I would assume that you picked 9th or 10th since you got Moss in the first. You gotta take a RB with one of your first two picks, there just aren't enough good ones to go around. I know Culpepper is one of the top QB's, but you gotta get one of the top 15 RB's or so. I think it was a bit of a reach to get Jones in the 3rd too. Admittedly I don't know who was available, but I gotta think there were other strong options out there. How many teams are in this league? From the looks of your team it's gotta be a pretty deep league.

I drafted 6th. After Holmes, Tomlinson, Green, Portis, Alexander were taken. I don't consider any of the other RBs after that ELITE. I think Thomas Jones has as good as a chance as any to produce like any runningback after those 5 are taken.

I went with Randy Moss. You know the guy that scored 17 TDs last year. The guys is unstoppable.

James, McAllister, Lewis, Faulk, Taylor, R. Johnson, were the RBs that went after Moss and before I picked Culpepper. Again I see none of these guys as head and shoulders above Thomas Jones, or Chris Brown.

After I picked Culpepper and before I picked Jones the follwing RBs were taken: Stephen Davis, Dominick Davis, Dillon, Henry, and Barlow. Then I picked Jones. I would have taken Barlow if he had fallen, but again none of these RBs are head and shoulders above Thomas Jones.

Culpepper and Moss are the elite at their positions. Only Manning can compare to Culpepper at Moss is FAR better than any other receiver. There is no one you can possibly compare Moss to. He is the SUPERFREAK.

I am quite happy with Thomas Jones, Chris Brown, and Lee Suggs as my top 3 backs. Julius Jones could be a steal if he starts.

Jevon Walker is very overrated, however I drafted him in the 6th round, so that is pretty much where I would take a guy like that.

Houston was taken just for week 1. I rotate my defenses all year long considering who they are playing each week. Houston plays SD the first week and they are down right awful.

So go ahead and take the mediocre RBs in the first 2 rounds. I will take Moss and Culpepper once those top 5 are gone every single time. In the third round someone will be there for me to take, just like Jones, Brown, and Suggs did this time.

I'm going to post my team from a slow-live draft I just finished with 12 teams and starting roster of QB RB WR WR OFLEX OFLEX TE K TEAMDEF

3 Ahman Green RB

-obviously the best RB left as this point maybe a little above Shaun, Deuce, Jamal

18 Kevan Barlow RB

-another solid 2nd tier RB to solidify my FLEX who should break out without the threat of Hearst stealing carries

23 Travis Henry RB

-another solid 2nd tier RB should still carry the bulk of the load and catch a lot of passes

38 Laveranues Coles WR

-a top 10 WR on what should be a really good passing team with Gibbs back

43 Tony Gonzalez TE

- the best TE available and in the 5th round I think really good value

58 Eric Moulds WR

-a WR hopefully on a comeback year after being hampered by groin problems

63 Jimmy Smith WR

-he missed time last year due to suspension but he is still a #1 WR who can put up some decent numbers

78 Charlie Garner RB

-should get the bulk of the load in TB especially early on with pittman's suspension

83 Tom Brady QB

-i was the last person to take a QB and nearly was able to land Aaron Brooks but Brady is still a quality starter to get this late in the draft

98 Isaac Bruce WR

-I think this might be my best value pick as the Rams always put up points and Bruce will be sure to have some good games this season

103 Rams Def/Spec Team DSTM

-Even with lovely there they should be good I hope

118 Matt Stover K

-grabbed the best kicker who didnt share a bye week with my TE or DEF

123 Mark Brunell QB

-I figure with Portis and some good WR he should be an adequate back up

138 Brandon Lloyd WR

-the #1 WR in SF so hopefully he can continue what he did at the end of the year and started at Illinois

I drafted 6th. After Holmes, Tomlinson, Green, Portis, Alexander were taken. I don't consider any of the other RBs after that ELITE. I think Thomas Jones has as good as a chance as any to produce like any runningback after those 5 are taken.

I went with Randy Moss. You know the guy that scored 17 TDs last year. The guys is unstoppable.

James, McAllister, Lewis, Faulk, Taylor, R. Johnson, were the RBs that went after Moss and before I picked Culpepper. Again I see none of these guys as head and shoulders above Thomas Jones, or Chris Brown.

After I picked Culpepper and before I picked Jones the follwing RBs were taken: Stephen Davis, Dominick Davis, Dillon, Henry, and Barlow. Then I picked Jones. I would have taken Barlow if he had fallen, but again none of these RBs are head and shoulders above Thomas Jones.

Culpepper and Moss are the elite at their positions. Only Manning can compare to Culpepper at Moss is FAR better than any other receiver. There is no one you can possibly compare Moss to. He is the SUPERFREAK.

I am quite happy with Thomas Jones, Chris Brown, and Lee Suggs as my top 3 backs. Julius Jones could be a steal if he starts.

Jevon Walker is very overrated, however I drafted him in the 6th round, so that is pretty much where I would take a guy like that.

Houston was taken just for week 1. I rotate my defenses all year long considering who they are playing each week. Houston plays SD the first week and they are down right awful.

So go ahead and take the mediocre RBs in the first 2 rounds. I will take Moss and Culpepper once those top 5 are gone every single time. In the third round someone will be there for me to take, just like Jones, Brown, and Suggs did this time.

I still question taking Moss over Deuce at that point as Deuce has been a STUD the past few season and while Moss is comparable the 3 RBs you have starting will not be near Deuce at all

I still question taking Moss over Deuce at that point as Deuce has been a STUD the past few season and while Moss is comparable the 3 RBs you have starting will not be near Deuce at all

Deuce has looked horrible in pre season this year and they are blaming it on the loss of his outstanding full back Terrell Smith. He has taken a lot of hits the last two seasons as well. I will take a WR that had 1632 yards and 17 Tds last year over a RB that had 1641 yards rushing and 10 total Tds last year.

I also have had Deuce the last couple years in a keeper league. He really isn't a stud. He is more of a 2nd tier guy if you ask me. He is no where in the class of Holmes, Tomlinson, Gree, Portis, or Alexander. Those are the only stud RBs. After that you have a bunch of 2nd tier guys. I would even put Edge and Jamal Lewis ahead of McAllister.

So instead of getting 2 2nd/3rd tier RBs and a 2nd/3rd tier WR and 3rd/4th tier QB I got the best WR in the game and the best QB in the game plus a 2 3rd tier RBs. I realyl don't see your logic here.

How much better did Deuce last year than other RBs? How much better was Moss than any other WR last year? Moss is head and shoulders above any other WR. You can't say that about Deuce. Case closed.

anything to say about my team irish?

Obviously you are solid at RB1 and 2 and TE. I don't like any of your WRs as I even made an effort to avoid Laveraneous Coles and Eric MOulds. Laveraneous is way to fragile and always wears down at the end of the season. Washington will be counting heavily on their running game. The rest of the WRs you have don't even need to be mentioned.

Travis Henry will be splitting carries. Rams defense will flat out stink and playing against Seattle, New Orleans, and Atlanta 2 times a year sure doesn't help. charlie Garner is always hurt, it is just a matter of when. Brunell has never thrown for more than 20 TDs in a season and has only thrown for 20 once. He has always been over rated. Tom Brady is a decent starter, but I like Carr to have as good a year as he will. Carson Palmer is another QB to look out for.

You helped your receivers by getting Tony Gonzalez to play TE, but you will most likely have a real problem at WR all year long. Your QBs are average. Besides Green and Barlow your RBs are not very good. Your D/ST is worthless. Stover is good. I can't say I really like your team as it is not balanced and you will be counting on Ahman Green to pull it out for you all year long.

That's exactly right.  I drafted Tomlinson and Green with my first two picks before the season started in 2003, and I absolutely slaughtered everyone in my league (12 teams).  I mean, it wasn't even fair.  I finished ahead of the second place team by more than 200 points (touchdowns = 6 points). 

Always, always, always make the running game your #1 priority.

If you got Tomlinson and Green last year, especially in a 12 team league, then you were in a league with bunch of dummies. I would love to be in your league.

you are very weak at running back

Moss is a solid pick, but Boldin and Calico are both hurt, and out for a while... Your other WR's are a little sketchy

Culpepper and Carr should be good at QB, Culpepper IMO is the best Fantasy QB there is..

Defense should be fine, they improved a lot

Kicker is fine

Boldin will be back in week 4-6. Calico will be back in week 2 or 3. Moss is a stud. Lelie and Walker are 3rd year breakout receivers. Calico and Boldin are 2nd year guys but we already know what Bolding can do.

I would have been weak at RB if I took Moss and Culpepper or if I took the best RB available. I may as well grab the best overall QB and possible fantasy MVP plus the best WR in fantasy football instead of 2 mediocre RBs. JMO.

If you got Tomlinson and Green last year, especially in a 12 team league, then you were in a league with bunch of dummies. I would love to be in your league.

Well, I had the #1 and #13 overall picks. That means that in between Tomlinson and Green, selections included Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Ricky Williams, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Deuce McAllister, Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Michael Vick, etc.

And realistically, Ahman Green was not on a lot of people's radar screens last year as a top 5 back. I had him as second best in the league right after LT, but whatever. That's just what I learned after watching a bunch of Packers games.

And those guys that I played with...all accountants, lawyers, real estate agents, etc. At least half of them were probably watching football before you were born. :bang

From my rankings I have Thomas Jones listed at 18, Chris Brown at 20, and Lee Suggs at 24. Does that count as one of the top 15 or so? Lets see where these guys finish the season. I bet all will be in the top 15 at the end of the season.

Well, I had the #1 and #13 overall picks.  That means that in between Tomlinson and Green, selections included Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Ricky Williams, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Deuce McAllister, Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Michael Vick, etc.

And realistically, Ahman Green was not on a lot of people's radar screens last year as a top 5 back.  I had him as second best in the league right after LT, but whatever.  That's just what I learned after watching a bunch of Packers games.

And those guys that I played with...all accountants, lawyers, real estate agents, etc.  At least half of them were probably watching football before you were born. :bang

They can watch football as long as they want. If they don't knwo todays players, such as Ahman Green, which they oviously don't, then they are a bunch of dummies. Sorry to break the news to you. He shouldn't have lasted til the 13th pick.

They can watch football as long as they want. If they don't knwo todays players, such as Ahman Green, which they oviously don't, then they are a bunch of dummies. Sorry to break the news to you. He shouldn't have lasted til the 13th pick.

If you were to perform an internet search, you'd find that all of these running backs were listed ahead of him on the majority of 2003 Fantasy Mock Drafts.

Jamal Lewis

Clinton Portis

Ladanian Tomlinson

Priest Holmes

Shaun Alexander

Deuce McAllister

Ricky Williams

And in some cases:

Marshall Faulk

Edgerrin James

Fred Taylor

And that's only running backs...what about the impact QBs and WRs?

I guess my real question to you is....why do you have to act like such an ignorant bastard? Sorry for the personal attack, but seriously, you're a dope.

hey irish you might want to realize that New Orleans and Atlanta are no in the same division as St. Louis so you might want to know a bit more about the NFL before you start destroying my picks

EDIT: they play ARIZONA and 49ers TWICE CMON!!

Yeah, southsideirish, stick to not knowin' things. ;)