Rowand CF

Magglio RF

Crede 3b

Valentin SS

Miles 2b

Thomas 1b

Alomar (I think) C

Top 1

- Carlos Febles leads off...curveball strike 3 called! Apparently it was a beauty :D

- Joe Randa (who is leaning over the plate) skies one to RF...off the wall for a stand-up double...had there been no wind, would have been a harmless flyout. As it is, Randa on 2nd with 1 out

- Mike Sweeney grounds one to Miles for the 2nd out. Randa advances to 3rd

- Raul Ibanez grounds out to Miles for the final out.

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 left, 1 strikeout

Royal hitters keep leaning over the plate, and Jon keeps backing them off with a heater and then works the curve away. That's nice to see.

Sox coming up in their half of the first, no score

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR A BALL GAME!!!!

Garland on the hill (0-0, 1.29 ERA)

Borchard LF

Rowand CF

Magglio RF

Crede 3b

Valentin SS

Miles 2b

Thomas 1b

Alomar (I think) C

Top 1

- Carlos Febles leads off...curveball strike 3 called!  Apparently it was a beauty :D

- Joe Randa (who is leaning over the plate) skies one to RF...off the wall for a stand-up double...had there been no wind, would have been a harmless flyout.  As it is, Randa on 2nd with 1 out

- Mike Sweeney grounds one to Miles for the 2nd out.  Randa advances to 3rd

- Raul Ibanez grounds out to Miles for the final out.

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 left, 1 strikeout

Royal hitters keep leaning over the plate, and Jon keeps backing them off with a heater and then works the curve away.  That's nice to see.

Sox coming up in their half of the first, no score

Looking forward to the play-by-play! Ooooooh man, what a lineup that looks to be. With Garland on the Hill and that kind of offense, I smell a White Sox Winner in the near future; so Kansas City..... :bringit !!!

Bottom 1, no score

The Royals are starting a lefty named Chris George (0-2, 10.80 ERA vs. the Sox last year)

- Miles rips a single to either LF or RF (can't remember)

- Valentin lines one to RF on a 3-2 count. Miles holds at 2nd. 1st and 2nd for...

- Frank, who grounds one up the middle for a basehit. Miles rounds 3rd and scores, Valentin moves into 3rd. 1-0 Sox, with runners on 1st and 3rd w/ 0 out

- Magglio (.400 so far this Spring) grounds into a 6-4-3. Valentin scores (no RBI). Sox lead it 2-0

- Paulie goes down swinging. Inning over

3 hits, 2 runs, none left

End 1, Good guys up 2-0

Top 2

- Ken Harvey grounds it back to Garland for out #1

- Michael Tucker whiffs at a change on a 3-2 count. 2 away

They're RAVING about Jon and how good he looks. He's throwing all of his pitches, changing speeds, and all the good things needed for success. :bringit

- Rontes Johnson ropes one to left-center and onto the terrace for a solo shot. Sox lead cut in half, 2-1

- Angel Berrora ropes one to left, but it's caught by Joe Joe for out #3

1 run, 1 hit, 0 left

Through 1 1/2, Sox lead it 2-1

Bottom 2

- Borchard grounds one to Randa, who fumbles it. E5. Borchard on 1st

They said that Borchard's speed is not quite what Willie Harris' is, but it's awfully close. Considering how much bigger Joe is than Willie, that's amazing

- Crede pops out for out #1. Borchard remains at 1st

- Rowand foul tips one into the catcher's glove after a LONG AB. 2 down. Borchard still standing at 1st

- Alomar (.571 this Spring) flies out to CF. Inning over

0 runs, 0 hits, 1 error, 1 left

End 2, Sox lead it 2-1

Top 3

- Mike Difelice (sp?) strike 3 looking. He didn't like it, and he complains to the umpire. LOL, "He might be talking to a lot of umpires in AAA if he keeps this hitting up."

- Febles bunts, Sandy slips as he throws, it gets past Thomas. Miles there to back it up. Bunt single. Runner on 1st, 1 out

- Joe Randa up. Febles steals, throw 1-hops 2nd, runner just does beat it. Lined into CF for a hit. Runner hesitated, has to hold at 3rd. Announcers are freaking out because Aaron failed to hit the cut-off man for the 2nd day in a row.

- Sweeney bombs one out to CF for a 3-run jack. 4-2 Royals

- Raul Ibanez whiffs at an off-speed pitch for the 2nd out

- Ken Harvey up the middle for a basehit past Garland

- Michael Tucker grounds out to Miles to finally end the inning

3 runs, 4 hits, 1 left, 2 k's

Through 2 1/2, bad guys up 4-2

Bottom 3

- Miles (1-1; single, run) bunts to Sweeney. Miles head-first slide into 1st called out. Announcers say it's a bad call. 1 out

- Valentin (1-1; single, run) grounds out hard to Randa down at 3rd. 2 away

- Thomas (1-1; single, RBI) ropes one up the middle for his 2nd hit of the day. Thomas on 1st with 2 outs

- Ordonez (0-1; GIDP) grounds into a force out to end the inning

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 left

End 3, Sox trail it 4-2

Top 4, Royals 4 Sox 2

- Johnson hits grounder to Miles, he boots it. E5. Runner on 1st, 0 out

- Berroa hit and run liner basehit into RF. Runners on 1st and 3rd, nobody out

They're saying that Garland has stopped using his fastball in to set up his off-speed stuff away, and as a result, he's now getting hit

- Difelice looks at strike 3, runner tries to steal 2nd. Runner safe. On the throw, the runner on 3rd breaks for home, and makes it safely. 5-2 Royals, 1 away, runner on 2nd

- Febles hits a shot down the 3rd baseline, goes to the wall. Run scores, runner into 2nd. 6-2 Royals, 1 out

- Randa chopper to SS, throw to 3rd gets Febles. Randa safe at first on the fielder's choice, 2 down

- Sweeney swings and misses for strike 3

2 runs, 2 hits, 1 error, 1 left

Middle 4, Royals up 6-2

Top 5

- Ibanez hits a 2-2 change-up to Valentin, throw to Thomas for out #1

- Harvey hits a high fly to Borchard for out #2

- Tucker flips one into LF for a 2-out single

- Grounder to Crede, to Miles for the force out to end the inning

We're half way home, and the Sox have some work to do. They're down 6-2

Bottom 5

- Rowand (0-1; k) lines it to left, over the left fielder's head, off the wall. Aaron into 2nd with a lead-off double

- Alomar (0-1; flyout) hits high flyball to CF. Rowand tags and makes 3rd without a throw. 1 out w/ runner on 3rd for...

- Miles (1-2; single, run, bunt out) grounds out to SS. Run scores. 6-3 Royals

- Valentin (1-2; single, run, groundout) k's on a 1-2 change

End 5, Sox cut into the lead, but still trail it by 3. 6-3 KC

Rauch coming in for the 6th

Top 6

Jon Rauch in to pitch

Graffy in for Valentin at SS

Olivo in for Sandy at C

Numbers on Garland....5 IP, 6 R (5 earned), 9 hits (ouch), 6 k's, 0 walks

Garland didn't walk anybody, so that's something good to take from his outing. But, there's not much else good about it. Far too many hits

- Berroa hits a jam sandwich back to Rauch, he throws to Frank for out #1

- Difelice flies out to Magglio. LOL, "Difelice is having a good Spring, eh?" (and he's hitting under .200)

- Desi Relaford hits one to RF, off Magglio's glove and off the wall. 2-out double for Desi

- Jarrod Patterson walks on a 3-1 pitch. First walk issued by Sox pitching today. 1st and 2nd, 2 down

- Mindy Lopez lined past Rauch, picked by Miles. Runner out

Through 5 1/2, Sox still trail it 6-3

Top 6

Jon Rauch in to pitch

Olivo in for Sandy at C

Garland didn't walk anybody, so that's something good to take from his outing.  But, there's not much else good about it.  Far too many hits

- Difelice flies out to Magglio.  LOL, "Difelice is having a good Spring, eh?" (and he's hitting under .200)

- Desi Relaford hits one to RF, off Magglio's glove and off the wall.  2-out double for Desi

- Jarrod Patterson walks on a 3-1 pitch.  First walk issued by Sox pitching today.  1st and 2nd, 2 down

- Mindy Lopez lined past Rauch, picked by Miles.  Runner out

I didn't catch much of Garlands innings, other then the first, but in that inning he was mainly working the curve and fastball (Not his sinker), which made me believe he was just using this game to sharpen up his secondary pitches that he's added to his arsenal.

When he first came up he was pretty much a hard thrower that overthrew, now he's developed a lot of pitches and it seems like this is the year he is going to start using them. Typically pitchers work on developing there pitches over a year or two or even three and finally when they get comfortable with it do they actually start throwing it during games. Thats because you can't afford to be working on a pitch during the regular season, it has to be done during the offseason and spring training is about the only time you can test it where it doesn't really matter.

I'm assuming he continued going with the secondary pitches the rest of the game, but maybe one of you guys can fill me in on that. Plus, wind was flying out and from what the announcers said he pitched solid.

Top 6

Jon Rauch in to pitch

Olivo in for Sandy at C

Garland didn't walk anybody, so that's something good to take from his outing.  But, there's not much else good about it.  Far too many hits

- Difelice flies out to Magglio.  LOL, "Difelice is having a good Spring, eh?" (and he's hitting under .200)

- Desi Relaford hits one to RF, off Magglio's glove and off the wall.  2-out double for Desi

- Jarrod Patterson walks on a 3-1 pitch.  First walk issued by Sox pitching today.  1st and 2nd, 2 down

- Mindy Lopez lined past Rauch, picked by Miles.  Runner out

clujer...another thanks for the detailed string...its appreciated

Bottom 6

- Thomas (2-2; 2 singles, RBI) stares at strike 3 on the outside corner

- Magglio (0-2; GIDP, groundout) lined into left fair, Magglio rounds 1st and mosies into 2nd for a 1-out double

- Konerko (1-2; single, strikeout) grounds out to 1st. Magglio holds at 2nd

- Borchard (0-2; ROE, GIDP) walks on a 3-2 pitch. :o 1st and 2nd, 2 out

- Crede (0-2; popup, flyout) hits it up the middle, Magglio scores. 6-4 Royals.

My god damned feed f***ed up, and when I got connected again, it was a commercial, so I'm assuming the inning ended with no further damage

Unconfirmed score of 6-4 Royals through 6 innings

Tim Raines was in the booth. I caught something with that he's going to be doing some stuff with ESPN this year. Is he going to be doing baseball tonight or broadcasting some of the games.

I always was a huge Raines fan. This guy was a heck of a baseball player. He was there during the first couple years I started watching the Sox.

Top 7

Burke in for Crede at 3b

Daubach in for Thomas at 1b

Rios in for Borchard in LF

- Short little flare run down by Miles. 1 down

- Jam sandwich caught by Miles. 2 away

- Popup to Miles yet again for the 3rd out

Middle 7, Still 6-4 Royals (confirmed)

I think Rauch pitched that inning, since they didn't say otherwise

I didn't catch much of Garlands innings, other then the first, but in that inning he was mainly working the curve and fastball (Not his sinker), which made me believe he was just using this game to sharpen up his secondary pitches that he's added to his arsenal. 

When he first came up he was pretty much a hard thrower that overthrew, now he's developed a lot of pitches and it seems like this is the year he is going to start using them.  Typically pitchers work on developing there pitches over a year or two or even three and finally when they get comfortable with it do they actually start throwing it during games.  Thats because you can't afford to be working on a pitch during the regular season, it has to be done during the offseason and spring training is about the only time you can test it where it doesn't really matter. 

I'm assuming he continued going with the secondary pitches the rest of the game, but maybe one of you guys can fill me in on that.  Plus, wind was flying out and from what the announcers said he pitched solid.

Well, I've listened to the whole game so far, and Garland seemed to have great stuff today (6 k's in 5 IP with 0 walks), but he got away from pitching inside. The first inning he was pitching in and setting up his off-speed stuff away, but when he stopped doing that for some reason, he started getting rocked. 9 hits in 5 IP is not very good obviously.