1993: A Decade Later

Chisoxfn

Another guy who had an absolute cannon was Edgar Clemente. I'm sure no one knows who he is, but I saw him in one angel game

Was he by any chance Roberto Clemente's nephew? I remember a relative of Celemente was playing, I do not remember though whether or not it was Edgar

I don't think Mondesi's is as good as it used to be.  I like Shawn Green's arm.  Not quite as strong, but incredibly accurate.  Not sure if he was a relative of Clemente.  The guy was a pretty highly touted prospect though.

Shawn green is a great player... another one that doesnt get enough credit for all he does... but he gets paid.

If Anthony Webster develops out as we hope he does.....we could have an incredible OF from left to right....Maggs, Webster, Borchard....Maggs and Borchard could both be hitting 45 homers and hitting .320 and Webster could be hitting like .310 with 25 homers and 25 steals....and that is a pretty good OF defensively too.

I do know one thing....this organziation, at this point in time, is heading in the right direction.

If Anthony Webster develops out as we hope he does.....we could have an incredible OF from left to right....Maggs, Webster, Borchard....Maggs and Borchard could both be hitting 45 homers and hitting .320 and Webster could be hitting like .310 with 25 homers and 25 steals....and that is a pretty good OF defensively too.

I do know one thing....this organziation, at this point in time, is heading in the right direction.

It looks that way, the only question is can the management brain trust keep it together.

It looks that way, the only question is can the management brain trust keep it together.

That's the kind of outfield every team dreams about. You can't go wrong with that threat of both an offensive juggernaut and a defensive gem.

Vlad Gurrero's throw to Home I think against the Dodgers late in the game or in extras or something was unbe-f***in-levable, I seen some clips of Roberto Clemente, he would have easily been my favorite baseball player ever had I been alive to see him play.

Vlad Gurrero's throw to Home I think against the Dodgers late in the game or in extras or something was unbe-f***in-levable, I seen some clips of Roberto Clemente, he would have easily been my favorite baseball player ever had I been alive to see him play.

Roberto Clemente was totally awesome.

Bo Jackson realy was a world class athlete. I seem to remember him leading off an All Star game and jacking one out. And the made a hell of a running catch, climbed the outfield wall at full speed, after he made the catch, just to turn around and make a quick throw.

Bo Jackson realy was a world class athlete.  I seem to remember him leading off an All Star game and jacking one out.  And the made a hell of a running catch, climbed the outfield wall at full speed, after he made the catch, just to turn around and make a quick throw.

Yep, in 1989 he was on the All-Star team, and he was also on the Pro Bowl (for those who don't know, the NFL's version of the All-Stars), and yes, he homered DEEP off of Rick Ruschell (sp?), a very good pitcher at the time with the Giants. Bo rules.

That's the kind of outfield every team dreams about. You can't go wrong with that threat of both an offensive juggernaut and a defensive gem.

Which is exactly the reason the Twins OF scares the s*** out of me. Jones is a decent bat out of LF(low OBP, but decent power), but has awesome range and a good arm....Hunter is a stud all around....a 5-tool player(and he is really the only guy in the majors who is a true 5-tool player right now)....and their 3-headed monster of Kielty, Mohr and Cuddyer in RF could hit .300 40 120.....that's scary.