Trade Rumors

elrockinMT

Because of my distance from the source I am always interested in what may be blowing in the wind as far as Chisox trade rumors. Many of the folks on SoxTalk mention possible deals they would like, but what are some of the real rumors? Spring training is nearing an end and this is usually the time teams make a move to plug a hole. Can anyone help?

There aren't any trade rumors swirling around concerning the Sox. I think KW is content to go with what they have right now; if any deficiencies appear once the season gets underway, I would expect them to address trades at that time. Nothing is going to happen in the short term, however.

Ya, the Sox haven't been involved in any trade rumors that I know of.

The only thing semi mentioned was the fact that a few teams (Namely the Orioles) would be interested in Carlos Lee.

I'd say it looks pretty safe that the Sox won't be making any moves, unless they are acquiring a backup catcher of some sort. They seem to have depth in almost every area and don't have much reason for concern other then to hope this team finally plays to its potential.