Is A Free Agent Pitcher Needed?

SoxFan1

Should we sign a free agent pitcher considering Wright's uncertain health?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign a free agent pitcher considering Wright's uncertain health?

• Yes (If so, post who)
    • No (If so, why)

1st of all, this is my 1st post ever here on SoxTalk/SoxNet. I have been posting at FanHome for 3 years but finally decided to bring my 2 cents over here where it's all Sox Talk all the time. Anyways, I say yes. I'm not sold on who just yet but i say it would have to be a pitcher who could contribute and be the 3 or 4 starter. :D

Thaks 4 the Welcome. Anyway, Matt Herges is the only intriguing free agent. He could very well come in and be the 4th starter. Chick Finley is out there also. I doubt hed want to come here considering the accident at the park last year. That was pretty funny though! I forget, what was the name of the group?

Thaks 4 the Welcome. Anyway, Matt Herges is the only intriguing free agent. He could very well come in and be the 4th starter. Chick Finley is out there also. I doubt hed want to come here considering the accident at the park last year. That was pretty funny though! I forget, what was the name of the group?

First off, welcome aboard Soxfan. Secondly, I love the idea of adding another pitcher. I guess I'm one of the only ones.

I like Herges, but he's only a reliever in my mind, especially after all his arm troubles. Herges would be a great pick up, if the Sox weren't so deep in this area.

To me Reynolds or Finley would be perfect fits, especially if one of our 4th or 5th guys struggles. Loazia doesn't have impressive career numbers and you don't know what Stewart will do. Finley will be around longer then Reynolds (as in available longer; thats my guess). Reynolds would be a sweet pickup. Sign him cheap, give him incentives and see what he can do. If Wright is down a long time, then we could be in some deep trouble with only 3 effective starters cause we truly don't know how Stewart, Loiaza or Rauch will pan out.