My Grades for KW's Trades

farmteam

Yeah, I've felt like doing this for awhile, and I finally got my internet connection, so here goes.

Trade: Mike Sirotka for David Wells and Gary Glover

Grade: B-

Analysis: I have a feeling we gave up more than Sirotka, but I can't remember right now. Either way, Wells was a bum for us, but Glover did quite nice. Also, Sirotka has been bumming around the minors ever since his arm troubles. Plus, at the time, we were getting a big time starter in Wells...he just sucked for us.

Trade: Josh Fogg and Kip Wells for Todd Ritchie

Grade: D

Analysis: In my opinion, this is the worst trade KW made. Two young promising pitchers for a guy who never really did much? Total crap. I can't remember if this was where we got Marte though, or if that was a separate trade. Someone help me with that.

Trade: Ray Durham for Jon Adkins

Grade: C-

Analysis: I really felt we could have gotten more Durham, but so far, Adkins has been decent, and he's still young. But still, more could have been had.

Trade: Chris Singleton for Willie Harris

Grade: A-

Analysis: Yes, I did just say A-. I never really liked Singelton, and he never did much, and in return, we got a speedy 2B who still has a chance (albeit a small one) to be our 2B and leadoff man of the future. He also put up really good numbers early this year.

Trade: Royce Ring and Edwin Almonte for Roberto Alomar

Grade: D-

Analysis: We have up 2 relievers who still have a solid shot at being in a ML pen for a guy who did bascially nothing. Nuff said.

Trade: Josh Rupe, Anthony Webster, Frank Francisco for Carl Everett

Analysis: Everett did alright, but we gave up way too much for him. Also, until his chair throwing incident, Francisco was very good.

Trade: Aaron Miles for Juan Uribe

Grade: A

Analysis: Miles was never really going to get a shot here, and we got a guy back who hit .283, and he's only 24. I like Uribe's upside, and while Miles did good this year, he's about 30, and I would take Willie over him anyway.

Trade: Matt Ginter for Timo Perez

Analysis: Ginter had his chances and didn't use them well, but Timo played well for us, and was very good in the clutch.

Trade: Jeremy Reed, Miguel Olivo, Mike Morse for Freddy Garcia and Ben Davis

Grade: B

Analysis: At the time, we only neeeded one more starter, but that was before Shoney went down. We gave up our top prospect, but we also have many more high OF prospects. Olivo was our C of the future, but he ended up doing terrible in Seattle. Mike Morse would have been only a year away from the majors at a position we really need. Also, Ben Davis played fairly well, and Garcia put up good numbers.

Trade: Gary Majewski, Jon Rauch for Carl Everett

Grade: C

Analysis: I can see where KW was coming from, what with not knowing how long Maggs and Frank would be out, but Everett did very little. And while Rauch still was a bit promising, Majewski probably won't amount to much.

Trade: Esteban Loaiza for Jose Contreras

Grade: B+

Analysis: I think it's fairly obvious Loaiza's 2003 season was a fluke, and Contreras, although he's 32, still has a big upside.

So, that's what I think. I think I missed a trade or two, but oh well.

Yeah, I've felt like doing this for awhile, and I finally got my internet connection, so here goes.

Trade:  Mike Sirotka for David Wells and Gary Glover

Grade: B-

Analysis: I have a feeling we gave up more than Sirotka, but I can't remember right now.  Either way,  Wells was a bum for us, but Glover did quite nice.  Also, Sirotka has been bumming around the minors ever since his arm troubles.  Plus, at the time, we were getting a big time starter in Wells...he just sucked for us.

Trade:  Josh Fogg and Kip Wells for Todd Ritchie

Grade: D

Analysis: In my opinion, this is the worst trade KW made.  Two young promising pitchers for a guy who never really did much?  Total crap.  I can't remember if this was where we got Marte though, or if that was a separate trade.  Someone help me with that.

Trade:  Ray Durham for Jon Adkins

Analysis: I really felt we could have gotten more Durham, but so far, Adkins has been decent, and he's still young.  But still, more could have been had.

Trade:  Chris Singleton for Willie Harris

Grade:  A-

Analysis:  Yes, I did just say A-. I never really liked Singelton, and he never did much, and in return, we got a speedy 2B who still has a chance (albeit a small one) to be our 2B and leadoff man of the future.  He also put up really good numbers early this year.

Trade:  Royce Ring and Edwin Almonte for Roberto Alomar

Grade: D-

Analysis:  We have up 2 relievers who still have a solid shot at being in a ML pen for a guy who did bascially nothing.  Nuff said.

Trade:  Josh Rupe, Anthony Webster, Frank Francisco for Carl Everett

Analysis:  Everett did alright, but we gave up way too much for him.  Also, until his chair throwing incident, Francisco was very good.

Trade:  Aaron Miles for Juan Uribe

Analysis:  Miles was never really going to get a shot here, and we got a guy back who hit .283, and he's only 24.  I like Uribe's upside, and while Miles did good this year, he's about 30, and I would take Willie over him anyway.

Trade:  Matt Ginter for Timo Perez

Analysis:  Ginter had his chances and didn't use them well, but Timo played well for us, and was very good in the clutch.

Trade:  Jeremy Reed, Miguel Olivo, Mike Morse for Freddy Garcia and Ben Davis

Grade: B

Analysis:  At the time, we only neeeded one more starter, but that was before Shoney went down.  We gave up our top prospect, but we also have many more high OF prospects.  Olivo was our C of the future, but he ended up doing terrible in Seattle.  Mike Morse would have been only a year away from the majors at a position we really need.  Also, Ben Davis played fairly well, and Garcia put up good numbers.

Trade:  Gary Majewski, Jon Rauch for Carl Everett

Grade:  C

Analysis:  I can see where KW was coming from, what with not knowing how long Maggs and Frank would be out, but Everett did very little.  And while Rauch still was a bit promising, Majewski probably won't amount to much.

Trade:  Esteban Loaiza for Jose Contreras

Grade: B+

Analysis:  I think it's fairly obvious Loaiza's 2003 season was a fluke, and Contreras, although he's 32, still has a big upside.

So, that's what I think.  I think I missed a trade or two, but oh well.

I'll do mine in order as you got them

Trade #1 : B If Wells back didn't blow out he would have done well plus he mentored Buherle We also gave up Brian Simmons in that deal

Trade #2 : F Even tho it was Schuler's idea

Trade #3 : C Jusr is still out on Adkins and none else wanted Durham he was a salary Dump

Trade #4 : B Willie got some upside, Singleton was a one year wonder

Trade #5 : C+ Kenny thought Robbie needed a change and to come back to the AL, Almonte has bounced around and will not sniff the majors Ring maybe and he was avalible in the rule 5 Draft

Trade #6 : C+ Everett Helped. RUpe still hasn't made it and Francisco has a good arm, gotta give to get

Trade #7 : A Good Gamble by Kenny

Trade # 8 : B+ Perez was a good bench player, Ginter had run someone's pacience in the ground

Trade #9 : A Garcia is a stud, got him looked up. The one whom may hurt is Morse. A lot of Jeremy Reed's out there

Alomar D-? :huh:

Ring has been demoted to AA and now can be had for $50,000, Salvo is in the independent League, and Almonte was released by both the Mets and Red Sox. What about the Cash considerations in your trades?

Here's another one:

Tim Hummel for Scott Sullivan and cash. Hummel was claimed off of waivers by BOSTON last season.

A couple of more:

Colon deal. B Colon was the horse we expected down the stretch, too little too late though.

Clayton deal. F ... That was subtraction by addition. I was never so glad to see anyone leave town, excepting Navarro of course.

Contreras deal. C .... on paper, it looks OK unttl you consider salary. Actaully still needs to be determined how this one works out.