What do you think of El Duque

whitesox89

Who would you rather have?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Orlando "El Duque Hernandez for 2 years and 8 million
    • Odalis Perez 3 years and say 24 million

Duque and Perez both come with concerns about how deep they can go into games.

Duque has a greater health concern.

Perez has a greater risk of not changing leagues well.

Therefore Perez is not worth 2x as much as Duque.

Perez at $6mil probably would go in his favor due to age.

But anything above that, Duque is a better risk, because he goes from the AL East to AL Central and because he has played in the AL before.

Perez will go from a pitcher park in the NL West (not exactly an offensive division) to Comiskey a hitters park in the AL Central (a more offensive division).

SB

El Duque is a good offer i just hope he is not injured then we can see about 12-15 wins from him.

The best way to keep him from getting injured is to limit his pitch count to 100 since he is old and has had shoulder problems. There will be a lower risk of injury and he will pitch his best.

The best way to keep him from getting injured is to limit his pitch count to 100 since he is old and has had shoulder problems.  There will be a lower risk of injury and he will pitch his best.

And now we have a stronger bullpen to do so, which should benefit all of our starters.

If we paid Odalis, then we wouldn't have the dough for Eck or Cora. Although Buehrle, Garcia, Perez, Contreras, Garland is nice, it would be too expensive. Plus, Odalis doesn;t have the World Series/Winning experience. Lastly, Odalis is probably looking for more than 8 mil. per. Why do you think no one has signed him yet???

The best way to keep him from getting injured is to limit his pitch count to 100 since he is old and has had shoulder problems.  There will be a lower risk of injury and he will pitch his best.

100 is still pushing it for him in my opinion. 80 seems more reasonable to me and 100 is pushing it for him i think. If he has the lead after five innings by more than a run or two he should be taken out.