todays game thread????? i guess its here...

Guest hotsoxchick1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You want culprits? Garalnd is one. At some point I was alternating between Mark Prior and John Garland and although Mark Prior only had his B+ stuff and was facing a tough Mets line-up, the difference was startling (and Gralnd is suppoed to be the experienced one). Now, I know Garland was excellent at the end of 2002, but the way he rolls the curveball on an 0-2 pitch and throws 90mph batting practice pitches, failing to strike fear into ANY hitter is...well not a pretty sight. He was as bad as at any point in 2000 season. The only bright spot was the change up was is shaping up to be a nice out pitch to work off, but his no location, little moving fastball, ineffective slider and a pathetic curve were disheartening.

Crede wasn't as bad defensively, making 3 tough plays (one the near DP to get out of the inning) with game ON THE LINE; his error game AFTER it was apperent we blew the game. Ditto for Valentin. Jimenez, Pauli, on the other hand...

Someone is whispering into Maggs's ear that he needs to Be Like Sammy and that's making him swing at pitches that he shouln't be swinging at, resulting in DPs and weak grounders. To be fair, watching Sammy being all desperate to hit 500th homer, I can honestly say that even he wouldn't go after a high fastball under the hands and curve ball way inside like Maggs did all series long. MO's bases empty double and a grounder through the indield is ALL he can show for this series.

Konehead and Lee were even worse, continually swinging at ball 4's. Just terrible. Someone needs to tell Paulie abourt this little invention called a "change-up" wqhich often follows a fastball down the middle that he looked at without swging. And about "slider" in the dirt that he went chasing after time and time again.

Rowand, Rios, Olivo did nothing offensively in all three games. Problem/solution type deral.

Jimenez worked the count nicely and took some walks, but he needs to get his batspeed going- what's the use of having a 2-0 count if you wait WAY to long on the pitch only to ground or pop up weakly. I know you can do it. Now do it.

Jerry Manuel.

Guest hotsoxchick1

whew i am soooo glad i fell over and missed the last half of this mess......if this s*** happens tomorrow im gonna charge the dugout and kick everyones ass a few thousand times over...........i cant believe that they are playing like day of the living dead still...wtf..............