Would you be pissed?

Texsox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking about a Boy Scout camp here Tex? I can't comment too much on that on the pure basis that I was never a Scout and have no idea on any of the principals and teaching of the Scouts.

Wino, I agree with you overall, and I agree with anybody who believes that long hair is a good thing, but I do also understand that if you are going to choose to express yourself in the way of your appearance, you had better be prepared to pay the consequences. Granted, the world is a MUCH different place than it was when I started growing my hair back in 1985. I was told by McDonalds that I couldn't get a job because they wanted to keep the "All American Boy" image. Jewel told me the same thing. Now these same places hire kids that look WAY more extreme than I ever did. But there are still places that will always be about 20 years behind the rest of the world, and in all honesty, I expect it out of an organization such as the Boy Scouts. Isn't the Boy Scouts a bit of a military thing, in a small way?

Don't get me wrong here kids, I agree with all of you that everybody should stand an equal chance, and I believe that longhairs of all sorts should be allowed to instantly rule the world. It would have made life MUCH easier for my buds and I. But I also just try to understand other people also. As GBH said: "It's easier to hate than to understand".

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
From everything Tex has said in this post, it couldn't be anything but a scout camp.  Hair lengths shouldn't matter here, this isn't international commerce, this is about teaching kids how not to drown in the lake and how to make towers out of logs.

Yeah, but long hair could get stuck inbetween the logs in the towers and you could get hurt. Self preservation...ya know?

Plus, if you want long hair, join the Girl Scouts ya friggin' sissies!!!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
Yeah, but long hair could get stuck inbetween the logs in the towers and you could get hurt. Self preservation...ya know?

:lolhitting :notworthy :lolhitting

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
Please.

I've had long hair since I was a junior in high school. Right now it goes just past the middle of my back. It's always clean and kept back in a neat ponytail. Looking at me from the front you wouldn't even know I have long hair.

No job I've ever worked at (retail or professional) has ever had a problem with it...

I own a printshop, and employ several people. While long hair itself doesn't preclude me from hiring anyone, general appearance does. I did hire a guy who had hair down to the middle of his back. He started out as bindry help and moved his way up. When I was in need of a salesperson, he asked for a chance. I wasn't sure how his hair would go over, but I gave it a shot, since he knew his stuff. He did OK for about 3 years. Then one day, he turns 30, cuts his hair off (real short, not bald!), and within 4 months, his sales almost doubled. Even though he wore his hair back and kept it neat and clean, he just looked more 'professional' with shorter hair. While I may not have had a problem with it, apparently alot of print buyers did.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)

Girls are welcome into BSA as Ventures a program for boys and girls 14 to 21.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 11, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
I own a printshop, and employ several people.  While long hair itself doesn't preclude me from hiring anyone, general appearance does.  I did hire a guy who had hair down to the middle of his back.  He started out as bindry help and moved his way up.  When I was in need of a salesperson, he asked for a chance.  I wasn't sure how his hair would go over, but I gave it a shot, since he knew his stuff.  He did OK for about 3 years.  Then one day, he turns 30, cuts his hair off (real short, not bald!), and within 4 months, his sales almost doubled.  Even though he wore his hair back and kept it neat and clean, he just looked more 'professional' with shorter hair.  While I may not have had a problem with it, apparently alot of print buyers did.

that'll be the case in most situations.