cubs sox tickets

Chi Town Sox

QUOTE(Chi Town Sox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
I havent been reading on the board to much but i heard today at work that the sox cubs tickets wont be sold individually this season.  i think this is kind of ridiculous but i dont know someone please explain and if you know when tickets will come out. Thanks

Because the ticket packages take them all up. There are none left. It was like this last year too...

You will not be able to purchase them at all this season unless you buy one of the 9, 18 or 27 game ticket packages. Brooks Boyer fielded a question like this at Fest and basically said it was a marketing concept to increase sales of these packages.

They basically use this as leverage. Plus it forces or makes it more likely for Sox fans to purchase these tickets because Cub fans would have to buy a 9 game package just to get one game of Sox-Cubs at US Cell. I thought it makes sense, but it does suck for the diehard Sox fan that can't make it to a few games and would like to get to this one.