Another Mental G"r"aff

southsider2k5

So this is twice, thrice if you count his error, that Tony G has made a big mental mistake in a game. Isn't this pretty inexcusable for a part time player to do. I mean his whole role is to come into the lineup 3 times a week and not cost us games.

Yesterday he missed a sign on a suicide squeeze and about got Sandy Alomar killed. Luckily he fouled the pitch off and there was no hard done.

And finally, granted I didn't look really hard, but how come no one else is talking about this? If Carlos had made these stupid mistakes in a 3 game span everyone would be going nuts! Why isn't anyone else upset at Graffy? :huh:

So this is twice, thrice if you count his error, that Tony G has made a big mental mistake in a game.  Isn't this pretty inexcusable for a part time player to do.  I mean his whole role is to come into the lineup 3 times a week and not cost us games.

Yesterday he missed a sign on a suicide squeeze and about got Sandy Alomar killed.  Luckily he fouled the pitch off and there was no hard done.

And finally, granted I didn't look really hard, but how come no one else is talking about this?  If Carlos had made these stupid mistakes in a 3 game span everyone would be going nuts!  Why isn't anyone else upset at Graffy? :huh:

I think the reason not so many people are pissed is because we won and got a shutout.

Its because Graffy is a utility infielder. You forget, he's playing a diifferent position each game! :huh: I remember last year, that game against the Cubs. Graffy was playing third. Patterson hits a ground ball to 1st, Paulie steps on the 1st base bag and whips it to Graffy right away. Thinking it's an easy force out, Graffy doesn't think to tag the runner advancing to third, therefore, he is safe. That runner scored and cost us the game, but, that was last year, and the mistake he made was yesterday, but, we won and did get a shutout because of solid defense and pitching. So we forget it!

Its because Graffy is a utility infielder. You forget, he's playing a diifferent position each game!  :huh:  I remember last year, that game against the Cubs. Graffy was playing third. Patterson hits a ground ball to 1st, Paulie steps on the 1st base bag and whips it to Graffy right away. Thinking it's an easy force out, Graffy doesn't think to tag the runner advancing to third, therefore, he is safe. That runner scored and cost us the game, but, that was last year, and the mistake he made was yesterday, but, we won and did get a shutout because of solid defense and pitching. So we forget it!

But playing a different position doesn't have an effect of reading the signs, etc. He should of known that and not made that type of mistake. I'm a huge Graffy fan and he's pretty sound fundementally, but he does make errors, albeit it, it has to be difficult playing all those positions. All I know is he's an awesome guy to have coming off the bench.

I think many are hard on Carlos because of the potential the guy has shown and so far failed to live up to.

we got a new 3rd base coach...could have been a communication problem..

what the hell were we squeezing for anyways??..graffy is swinging the bat about as good as anyone on the team right now (except for my man jose :headbang )..thank god tony missed the sign because it was another stupid move by mauel

what the hell were we squeezing for anyways??..graffy is swinging the bat about as good as anyone on the team right now (except for my man jose  :headbang )..thank god tony missed the sign because it was another stupid move by mauel

Great call on the new coaches.

what the hell were we squeezing for anyways??..graffy is swinging the bat about as good as anyone on the team right now (except for my man jose  :headbang )..thank god tony missed the sign because it was another stupid move by mauel

Interesting point. I do remember watching Bruce Kimm walk all of the way to home plate to talk to Graffy after the missed sign. But that still doesn't explain the 3-2 bunt off of a fastball pitcher in the 9th.

what the hell were we squeezing for anyways??..graffy is swinging the bat about as good as anyone on the team right now (except for my man jose  :headbang )..thank god tony missed the sign because it was another stupid move by mauel

Interesting point. I do remember watching Bruce Kimm walk all of the way to home plate to talk to Graffy after the missed sign. But that still doesn't explain the 3-2 bunt off of a fastball pitcher in the 9th.

I'm trying to forget about that whole bunting incident. Damn it, we could of won that ballgame if that was executed correctly.