Moderators/Site Owners

BrandoFan

Is there any way you guys can upload a few dozen pics (say Sox players and staff only, but hopefully more) to be used on this site ala WSI? The world is simply not as funny without "Royce Clayton" or "Jerry Manuel" comments.

Would this be an issue from badwidth/softwaere standpoint? How much would yo have to pay for this extra feat.?

Thanks for your attention.

For now if you want to get a picture of a player, go to the SoxNet roster pages, click on the link for the player you want, right-click on his picture, choose "Copy Image Address" or whatever. In your post, click on the IMG button, paste it in, click close all tags, and voila, pictures in your posts.

I know it's a lot to do but it's all that's avaliable for now. Maybe we can make it simpler in the future but a lot of stuff has higher priorty at the moment with the recent move.

whoo...that was a lot of typing

Brando, I'll see what we can do. We have access to a ton of pictures now that were part of this new thing so we can grab some. I'll have to build something to make it easy. It will take me a while cause I have a few other things I have to do first for the site, but once I give the Board some new color options and build the minor legaue rosters, I'll work on putting this together and see if its possible.

As far as bandwith and stuff, were told we are alright and I'm planning on bumping it up in the next month or so anyway.

Is there any way you guys can upload a few dozen pics (say Sox players and staff only, but hopefully more) to be used on this site ala WSI?  The world is simply not as funny without "Royce Clayton" or "Jerry Manuel" comments.

Would this be an issue from badwidth/softwaere standpoint?  How much would yo have to pay for this extra feat.?

Thanks for your attention.

Hell yeah. that makes it much more fun to tear into the idiot of the day on teh roster! or Non-roster member.

Thats for the quick response, guys.  I am looking forward to the improvement(s), though it's no hurry whatsoever. Take your time as far as I am concerned. I like this site as it is.

Me and Jas are working together on it.

Brando, I'll see what we can do.  We have access to a ton of pictures now that were part of this new thing so we can grab some.  I'll have to build something to make it easy.  It will take me a while cause I have a few other things I have to do first for the site, but once I give the Board some new color options and build the minor legaue rosters, I'll work on putting this together and see if its possible. 

As far as bandwith and stuff, were told we are alright and I'm planning on bumping it up in the next month or so anyway.

Are ya busy working on those smileys... ;)