Official Carlos Lee Bashing Thread

johndyce

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should start talking to KansasCity about a Lee/Stewart for Beltran Deal.

I don't think we need Beltran. We have enough "All-Stars". Rather than tinker, let's have a little faith that the team we expected so much out of will produce. No need to panic after 6 games.

rex ...your problem is you dont have to watch carlos play everyday :lol:

saturday im at the cell..and a little looper is hit in front of carlos..im thinking , okay should be an easy out..drops in for a hit in front of carlos..im like what the hell??....so the next batter i check where he is playing...up to bat is the ever dangerous BRANDON INGE!!!!....carlos is about three steps off the warning track..i look at rowand in CF and maggs in RF...both are 5 to 8 steps in closer than carlos...you can see where the outfielders stand because the grass is a little discolored...about 5 steps in front of lee is where higgenson was playing...

he cant play LF...supporters are saying he has gotten much better at balls over head...BULL!!!..he just backed up more...if he turns and take 4 steps he hits the wall!!!...plus he is dumber than dirt on the bases

factor that stuff in before you say he is better than daubach...daubach was loved in boston by the fans...which is surprising with names like pedro nomar and manny....but their fans said that brian was a real team player , even when he was in a slump he could make productive outs (something carlos has no clue on)...he knows how the game should be played and hustle's is ass off every play

these are things carlos doesnt do..cant factor that into the stats

I think we should start talking to KansasCity about a Lee/Stewart for Beltran Deal.

I don't think we need Beltran. We have enough "All-Stars". Rather than tinker, let's have a little faith that the team we expected so much out of will produce. No need to panic after 6 games.

I agree with Rex. This team has all the pieces in place. We have a very deep pitching staff (even though its a bit injury riddled with Wright down). We also have an extrordinary bench and well the offense is going to be good, and has the potential to be great.

The way I see it worse case scenario our offense is good, the starting rotation is middle of the road (with two aces and the rest of the guys pitching avg), and the bullpen is average to good. If things go right, we have an awesome offense, very good starting rotation, and awesome pitching staff with a deep bench. We also have a catcher that can shut down the running game and two aces that can dominate a game and have proven it, along with a couple other pitchers with the potential to do so. We have a guy that can save a ton of games and if their are serious injuries we have a lot of depth in the organization with Borchard ready in the outfield, Rauch/Diaz/Ginter/Almonte/Sanders/Munoz/Wright/Stewart all their for the starting/bullpen and then Harris/Miles/Hummell in the infield. Sure we don't have much backup at catcher (Burke) but in all honesty pretty much no one does. We have a guy that can call a good game and a guy that can shut down the running game.

Things are going to be just fine. This is a very good team and they will go a long way. There is no need to panick, especially considering we swept the Tigers, something we should of done and did do. The sweep by KC hurt, but its just three games and over the long haul thats nothing. This team is way too good and they will show that and will put up above .500 baseball throughout the season and make it to the playoffs and I believe contend for and win the World Series.

I agree with Rex. This team has all the pieces in place. We have a very deep pitching staff (even though its a bit injury riddled with Wright down). We also have an extrordinary bench and well the offense is going to be good, and has the potential to be great.

The way I see it worse case scenario our offense is good, the starting rotation is middle of the road (with two aces and the rest of the guys pitching avg), and the bullpen is average to good. If things go right, we have an awesome offense, very good starting rotation, and awesome pitching staff with a deep bench. We also have a catcher that can shut down the running game and two aces that can dominate a game and have proven it, along with a couple other pitchers with the potential to do so. We have a guy that can save a ton of games and if their are serious injuries we have a lot of depth in the organization with Borchard ready in the outfield, Rauch/Diaz/Ginter/Almonte/Sanders/Munoz/Wright/Stewart all their for the starting/bullpen and then Harris/Miles/Hummell in the infield. Sure we don't have much backup at catcher (Burke) but in all honesty pretty much no one does. We have a guy that can call a good game and a guy that can shut down the running game.

Things are going to be just fine. This is a very good team and they will go a long way. There is no need to panick, especially considering we swept the Tigers, something we should of done and did do. The sweep by KC hurt, but its just three games and over the long haul thats nothing. This team is way too good and they will show that and will put up above .500 baseball throughout the season and make it to the playoffs and I believe contend for and win the World Series.

who's pancicking??..ive wanted to get rid of the lawn ornament for two years :lol:

seriously if we could make a move to get a lefty power bat in the line up id move lee...we need to balance out the line up...maybe we can trade him to montreal for liefer?? :D

I'll pass. Liefer has found his slot and I wish him the best. He was terrible for the Sox last year. I know Manuel screwed him up by not playing him enough, but the guy still complained a lot considering what his average was for most of the season.

I am not surprised to see Biddle do good though.

carlos has been having a monster year for the past three years now

Forget flashes of brilliance (60 walks in 3+ months to end the 2002), you don't have buy into Sosa-esque potential, it's ok not every talented slugger is destined to be an All-Star...I can understand healthy scepticism no problem...What I don't get is irrantional hatred some have for this guy- he is treated as though as he is a worthless bum in Navarro/Clayton/Hundley's mold. Sheesh, the dude is in his 5th year of ML servcce and is making little over 4 million. He's been nothing if not solid offensively out of 7th (and later 6th) spot and averaged 90 RBI and 15 SB in 2000-2001 while making the league minimum as a converted LF'er, not a DH...What did you think he'd be worth? 400K? This ain't 1963.

I am personally willing to wait until more than 5 games...unless Daubach or Borchard are that good as to to leave no doubts, which, sadly, won't be the case. Not this year.

Question: if Lee has 900 OPS at the end of this year, will you (proverbially at least) kiss his ass or is he a "bum" no matter what he does?

bats .091 on 2-0 count

That is f***ing incredible, Rex! Even Mark Prior hit over .200 . Wow. I am speechless.

Guest hotsoxchick1
carlos has been having a monster year for the past three years now

Forget flashes of brilliance (60 walks in 3+ months to end the 2002), you don't have buy into Sosa-esque potential, it's ok not every talented slugger is destined to be an All-Star...I can understand healthy scepticism no problem...What I don't get is irrantional hatred some have for this guy- he is treated as though as he is a worthless bum in Navarro/Clayton/Hundley's mold. Sheesh, the dude is in his 5th year of ML servcce and is making little over 4 million. He's been nothing if not solid offensively out of 7th (and later 6th) spot and averaged 90 RBI and 15 SB in 2000-2001 while making the league minimum as a converted LF'er, not a DH...What did you think he'd be worth? 400K? This ain't 1963.

I am personally willing to wait until more than 5 games...unless Daubach or Borchard are that good as to to leave no doubts, which, sadly, won't be the case. Not this year.

Question: if Lee has 900 OPS at the end of this year, will you (proverbially at least) kiss his ass or is he a "bum" no matter what he does?

if your asking me that question.. hell no i wont kiss his ass... not at all.. the thing i dont like about carlos is and always will be his defense, ok his thoughts while base running as well, if in fact hes not waved on..... or lack there of......i just want him to perform like hes supposed to be doing in this "break out year" he seems to be having for the past couple of years now......thats not alot to ask.......if he could put his offensive skills and pump in a few defensive skills to match them.. then he would be one hell of a player..... but he does the dumbest things sometimes makes me wonder what the hell hes thinking..............yeah he comes cheap but that isnt going to last too much longer.... you praise him like hes walking on water or something.... if hes that good he will demand more cashola dont ya think........and with borchard in the wings jr isnt going to go for that.....i honestly dont care what his ops is.. nor do i care too much for any stats... ask those who know me.. i dont rely on them.. they can be inflated or deflated to make someone look either good or bad whichever........not reliable ....... i go by what a player does on the field, his movements, his timing, approach, you name it i can tell ya just about anything you want to know about any of our players... .. if they pull to the left or right.. stand too close or to far from the plate for their swing... i watch each and every movement.......and so far carlos hasnt done that much impressing in the field.... hes not even been that impressive at the plate yet.. dont tell me his future potential, tell me what hes done today..one of my favorite hawkisms......

but he does the dumbest things sometimes makes me wonder what the hell hes thinking

You know, I don't even "wonder" anymore- I go straight to ROTFLMAO-ing. His blunders are entertaining as hell. Just don't bring shiny objects to ball games :)

you praise him like hes walking on water or something....

No, I don't. He just doesn't get on my nerves and I don't hate him, that's all. (See: Steff and D'angelo Jimenez). I have stated numerous times that I think he has a high ceiling, but by no means do I consider him an All-Star material yet. Did he have his flashes in the last 3 years? You damn right he did. But he ain't no Maggs yet. Not with .091 batting average on 2-0 counts!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLO.

if hes that good he will demand more cashola dont ya think........

Hell yeah! The question is, how good is "good' and how much "cashole" will he be asking for in arbitration. I think 950 OPS is worth 6 million a year easily considering he is barely 26 and has deceptive speed. I;d rather pay 6 million for that than to pay a league minimum to a 700 OPS rookie. YMMV.

and with borchard in the wings jr isnt going to go for that

Forget about DOC (Dirty Old Cheapo); the question is, is he "worth it" to a playoff team destined to play in a weak division. And what makes you so sure JoBo is "ready"? For every Adam Dunn and Albert Pujols who make an impact immediately, there are 7 other prospects who needs a couple of full season to make an impact.

i honestly dont care what his ops is.. nor do i care too much for any stats...

Too bad.

i dont rely on them.. they can be inflated or deflated to make someone look either good or bad whichever........not reliable .......

Oh, and deeply subjective opinion based on "movement" is more reliable? I guess it's time for me to make a case for DJ being a great fielding 2B-man even if I can't really "prove" it....Goes both ways.

He's not been impressive yet

I beg to differ, HSC.

i dont tell me his future potential, tell me what hes done today..one of my favorite hawkisms......

Hawk says a lot of things...So I guess using that logic (which I don't necessarily disagree with in many instances, mind you) Sox were more than justified in letting Sosa go, D-backs should have never given a washed-up Lois Gonzalez a shot and Yankees should have let Posada go after 3 mediocre seasons...

Guest hotsoxchick1

this is exactly what makes america a great place to live.... you have your opinion and i have mine and we can still live to talk about them..........keep your carlos and his "break out year" ill stick with the rookies.. they cant be any worse.............lol.........i cant wait till the next time in a nite time game carlos is standing there in awe at the led ribbon and the flashing colors.... what are you going to say about him then............lol... i dont find blunders amusing and certianly not if your talking about a playoff chance.. his damn mind had better get into the game and not wandering over the rainbow.........jmho...........

i dont find blunders amusing

I was busting a gut like a madman when Josh Paul tried to be a hero going for 3rd in Seattle and go busted. I nearly died when Harold Baines, who just came back from injury and got a shot to start, got smoked in the lip by a outfiled relay in Anaheim a few years back....(And I dont normally laugh at other people's misfortunes. Ever. I guess it was the case of morbid humor and frustration over the season coming together.)

Carlos is hi-larious. When he got pitcked off 3rd, it was a riot! Am I a bad person?

Guest hotsoxchick1
I believe that before the year is out, Carlos will justify his worthiness to the club.  But, I'm also of the opinion that if he doesn't do it this year, he never will.

well this hes gonna have "a break out year" is starting to sound like a bunch of scrub fans printing off world series tickets......this is their year too ya know.......... :lol: ...

brando if you think that the rainbows are pretty you should plant yourself out there with lee... in all seriousness if he cant keep his head in a game how do you expect him to do well if were gunning for post season play?????? everyones mind should be on their job when they are on the field.....

Guest hotsoxchick1
i dont find blunders amusing

I was busting the gut like a madman when Josh Paul tried to be a hero going for 3rd in Seattle and go busted. I nearly died when Harold Baines, who just came back from injury and got a shot to start, got smoked in the lip by a outfiled relay in Anaheim a few years back....(And I dont normally laugh at other people's misfortunes. Ever. I guess it was the case of morbid humor and frustration coming together.)

Carlos is hi-larious. When he got pitcked off 3rd, it was a riot! I am I a bad person?

no it doesnt make you a bad person.. just different.......if you seriously want to win, then these clowns out there had better step up and quit amusing you with blunders and dazzle you with their outstanding play instead.........if i want to go see the clowns i go to the circus... i want to see good ball playing and thats why i head to the ball park............ i have no room for them clowning around on my dime.............

if he cant keep his head in a game how do you expect him to do well if were gunning for post season play??????

I expect the dude to skip the batter's box and instead head straight to first from the on-deck circle.

Or maybe to start chasing a beach volleyball in left. Wouldn't that be something?

well this hes gonna have "a break out year" is starting to sound like a bunch of scrub fans printing off world series tickets......this is their year too ya know..........  ...

The difference is.... is that I won't be saying "Wait till next year."

Guest hotsoxchick1
if i want to go see the clowns i go to the circus

Clowns are not funny. They are scary and sick.

JUST LIKE LEE IN THE OUTFIELD..........NOT ONLY SCARRY BUT VERY SICK.......... :lol: :headbang

HSC, is Carlos Lee still dating that petite, raven-haired Latino chick? I chatted with her couple of years back (her English is worse than mine) and every time I mentioned "el caballo" she broke out laughing. All during the workout in the hotel's basement gym.

I also chatted with Magglio Ordonez (his father used to live in Seneca Hotel where a friend of mine worked), Carlos Castillo's finacee (1999 or 2000) and umpire Angel Henrnandez, each for more than 10 mintures. Maggs is one shy dude, wearing a light blue turtle neck (is he closeted?) but then again I was talking a mile-a-minute about the Sox and stuff, lol. Got gim to sign my shirt, too... See, I got game too.

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC, is Carlos Lee still dating that petite, raven-haired Latino chick? I chatted with her couple of years back (her English is worse than mine) and every time I mentioned "el caballo" she broke out laughing.  All during the workout in the hotel's basement gym.

I also chatted with Magglio Ordonez (his father used to live in Seneca Hotel where a friend of mine worked), Carlos Castillo's finacee (1999 or 2000) and umpire Angel Henrnandez, each for more than 10 mintures.  Maggs is one shy dude, wearing a light blue turtle neck (is he closeted?)  but then again I was talking a mile-a-minute about the Sox and stuff, lol.  Got gim to sign my shirt, too... See, I got game too.

dont know if its the same one or not but he had his chick locked up in the condo all spring training watching the war.. while he was out doing drills she had to be glued to the tv.. when he came home she had better told him exactly what was going on....hes hooked on the war.... as for maggs.. i have chatted with him in brief.... he is shy and i dont think hes in the closet......his wife sits right by me on occasion and is a lovely person but cant speak english too well.. he also has the cutest kids next to sandy alomars i have ever seen......i never denied you had game... thats not what im about, and good for you for having it....if i had it my way everyone would have the same opportunities as we do......i just dont get how you can praise lee one minute and then make light on his fumblings around the next and still think that something is not drastically wrong there.........hes a goof ... and needs to keep his head in the game or get the heck out..........period..........