Official Carlos Lee Bashing Thread

johndyce

The thing that scares me about Carlos is a firmly believe he is a wake up call away from being a star. I remember all of the way back to when he was the top OF prospect in the Sox system even over Ordonez. The potential is there for Carlos, just for whatever reason he doesn't seem to have a solid mental approach to the game yet. The thing is I know he is the kind of player if he ever got dealt that would be the slap in the face he needs to take his career to the level he is capable of. I would hate to look back on a Lee deal and say that we could have had him when he is putting up huge #'s somewhere else.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only he's hurting the team, but he's KILLING ME in fantacy baseball!  :angry:  He should snap out of it. HE BETTER!

we discussed this for 2 years now..you even nicknamed him dumbass caballo and then you pick him on a fantasy team where you cant cut him???...i have no sympathy for you..dumbass...hahahaha :D

just kidding RPS but what the hell were you thinking???

Lee became a lot more patient at the end of last year and i figured he'd have a good year. And since baserunning blunders donr count unless he gets caught stealing and defense dont count, he'd be a good pick up for what i paid for him if he hits .280 , 30 hr, 80 rbi. He wasnt far from that last year.

And no it's not a money league! Gambling is illegal!

Plus, i spent a s*** load of money on Maggs, A-rod, Sweeny , and Mulder. I needed to save a little money on a guy that could put up decent #'s. If he has another s*** year, i'm really going to hate this f***in guy.

I agree with Hudler.  Their is no reason to be concerned this early.  Lee is still showing patience and he has extremely quick hands.  There is no reason he shouldn't be successful.  Carlos has worked very hard each offseason and is in great shape and confident.  I have no doubt that he will come through and put up very impressive numbers, especially for a guy in the 6 hole.  

At the end of the season you could easily argue that Carlos is more valuable then Konerko (Just because I think Carlos is going to have a monster year).

carlos has been having a monster year for the past three years now.. i wish to hell he would hurry up and have it already........im sick of waiting on it............ :D

LOL... Coffee all over my monitor!

you praise him like hes walking on water or something....

No, I don't. He just doesn't get on my nerves and I don't hate him, that's all. (See: Steff and D'angelo Jimenez).

I see you're busy putting words in my mouth. :nono

I have his autograph.

Of course everyone else whose autograph I have is gone from the Sox so not a good omen but none the less,

I still like Carlos Lee. He frustrates me some times but I'm happy with CLee in left.

I was frustrated that he twice failed to deliver on Sunday with the bases loaded - I suspect he was thinking a little more of his 5 grand slams than getting a runner in - but he missed a 6th grand slam by inches and it is a team game and it all worked out. CLee will get them next time.

I remember all of the way back to when he was the top OF prospect in the Sox system even over Ordonez.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Lee a 3B prospect in the minors?

That's where he started out, but they moved him to LF about halfway through the minors if my mind serves me correctly.

Not only he's hurting the team, but he's KILLING ME in fantacy baseball!  :angry:  He should snap out of it. HE BETTER!

we discussed this for 2 years now..you even nicknamed him dumbass caballo and then you pick him on a fantasy team where you cant cut him???...i have no sympathy for you..dumbass...hahahaha :D

Lee became a lot more patient at the end of last year and i figured he'd have a good year. And since baserunning blunders donr count unless he gets caught stealing and defense dont count, he'd be a good pick up for what i paid for him if he hits .280 , 30 hr, 80 rbi. He wasnt far from that last year.

Plus, i spent a s*** load of money on Maggs, A-rod, Sweeny , and Mulder. I needed to save a little money on a guy that could put up decent #'s. If he has another s*** year, i'm really going to hate this f***in guy.

it's beginning to look like if carlos will ever reach his potential it will be on another team..maybe the sox with help and themselves out soon and trade him :lol:

it's beginning to look like if carlos will ever reach his potential it will be on another team..maybe the sox with help and themselves out soon and trade him :lol:

I wouldnt mind seeing him go for a good lefty bat. Not many out there for his price though. And we're running a little short on pitching prospects to my knowledge to give 3 away in another kenny trade.

I wouldnt mind seeing him go for a good lefty bat. Not many out there for his price though. And we're running a little short on pitching prospects to my knowledge to give 3 away in another kenny trade.

Running low on pitching prospects? That made my day, along with the Sox win. The Sox have a s***load of pitching prospects, they need position players.

2/3 of our outfield sucks. Lee is looking hapless up there, and we all know Rowand is just a bench warmer for Borchard.

I like our outfield now - and it will get better wuth JB in the wings but we have a fine outfield right now.

And seeing the farem system being able to keep it coming - that was Atlanta's strategy and I hope we can emulate that and keep developiong out of our system rather than have to make trades.

I don't see how the Sox need any pitching right now, maybe next year. Everyone knows that the rotation will be Buehrle, Colon, Garland, Loaiza, Stewart/Wright. If one goes down, Stewart/Wright can fill in. If Colon isn't signed next year, then you could potentially have a hole. I wouldn't expect Loaiza to be around either, but Rauch would be a great fill in. Also have Felix Diaz. Bullpen is solid, and if someone goes down, you could see Almonte, Munoz, Ginter, etc. come up.

I think the Sox need to develop more position players, especially outfielders beyond Borchard. A shortstop wouldn't be bad, either.

Not only he's hurting the team, but he's KILLING ME in fantacy baseball!  :angry:  He should snap out of it. HE BETTER!

Both Konerko and Lee are on my fantasy team, how do you think I feel? Well at least I got Crede!!

CWSOX45