Who kidnapped Greg Maddux

southsider2k5

I don't know exactly what's going wrong for him and the Braves, but I love it!

They've had it too good for too long!

I've heard that his velocity is down, even for him, but all the highlights I see just show nice fat "hit me" pitches right over the heart of the plate. He's making mistakes and people are crushing them.

....excellent.....

Turns out the Braves were crazy to give that much money to an old Maddox, or anyone else. Pitchers break down. See Brown, Driefert, et al. They would have been better off with Millwood for $10 Large. Glavine is way overpaid, too. In every sport there are a bunch of GM's trying to unload salaries, or create cap room, or whatever. They must all go to Stupid Class to fill out their resumes. Boston is taking a big chance with Pedro (for next year), although he is a cut above Glavine, and others.

I watched maddux's start against florida 2 starts ago, and he looked brutal. I don't know if it's age, a slow start, or a little bit of both, but he was just awful. His velocity being down wouldn't cause him to get lit up like this, it's not like he throws 95 mph to begin with. The biggest thing i noticed is that he's missing location on A LOT of pitches. The target would be outside and he's miss by a good 8 inches and it's be right over the plate and someone like Alex Gonzalez just pounds it into the bleachers. I think control is something he can fix, and you may be able to attribute it to a "slow start", but who knows, this could be his real big down year. And if it is, the braves are screwed, especially with Byrd done for 2-4 months now. They signed shane reynolds today, which was a good move. I don't really know why houston let him go...they have enough young arms there that could flame out, ala carlos hernandez that it'd be nice to have him in the rotation. He's not that bad.