how bad have maggs - konerko - lee been???

baggio202

check this out....frank thomas , who as we all know bats directly in front of these guys , is carrying a 472 obp...he has been on base 15 times and scored only one run..and that was when he drove himself in on a homer....maggs - konerko - lee (and daubach and rios to a lessor extent) are 0-14 in getting frank home when he gets on base...

:lolhitting :bang

Take heart, it can't last. They're going to break out of it. The weather is cold and so are their bats.

I agree SI.......... but the other teams are playing in it to......

They need to lift up their skirts grab their balls and play like men.

Konerko and Lee are struggling badly...if they get going...we will be a very good team.

I'm just worried they won't get going. Lee may get going in June like last year....but that might be too damn late. It seems like he may be a guy that is never on a championship team. Last year....when we were winning....he was struggling. And then, during the Cubs series, he caught fire....after we had basically given up. And if I remember correctly....he also struggled in the second half of 2001....when we were trying to fight for a playoff spot after starting out 14 or 15 games under .500.

If I were KW....I'd trade both and get what value I could....and use Rios/Borchard in LF and Daubach at 1B. We'd have a more balanced lineup with bats from both sides of the plate, and, for what it's worth, we'd be cutting salaries as well....gives us room to trade for a good but overpriced player in the final year of his deal that we could use. Not sure who....but it is a possibility.

I'd be for trading Konerko to the O's for like Rodrigo Lopez and trading Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart.....I don't know about anyone else though.

Konerko and Lee are struggling badly...if they get going...we will be a very good team. 

I'm just worried they won't get going.  Lee may get going in June like last year....but that might be too damn late.  It seems like he may be a guy that is never on a championship team.  Last year....when we were winning....he was struggling.  And then, during the Cubs series, he caught fire....after we had basically given up.  And if I remember correctly....he also struggled in the second half of 2001....when we were trying to fight for a playoff spot after starting out 14 or 15 games under .500. 

If I were KW....I'd trade both and get what value I could....and use Rios/Borchard in LF and Daubach at 1B.  We'd have a more balanced lineup with bats from both sides of the plate, and, for what it's worth, we'd be cutting salaries as well....gives us room to trade for a good but overpriced player in the final year of his deal that we could use.  Not sure who....but it is a possibility.

I'd be for trading Konerko to the O's for like Rodrigo Lopez and trading Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart.....I don't know about anyone else though.

im all for dumping lee...im not sure about konerko..but if we did what you suggest then that money better go towards picking up maggs option and resigning bartolo long term

good question...if we could only afford to keep one..who would it be..konerko or colon???

btw..dominant damaso just finished of the 9 little indians :bang

I'm just worried they won't get going.  Lee may get going in June like last year....but that might be too damn late.  It seems like he may be a guy that is never on a championship team.  Last year....when we were winning....he was struggling.  And then, during the Cubs series, he caught fire....after we had basically given up.  And if I remember correctly....he also struggled in the second half of 2001....when we were trying to fight for a playoff spot after starting out 14 or 15 games under .500. 

If I were KW....I'd trade both and get what value I could....and use Rios/Borchard in LF and Daubach at 1B.  We'd have a more balanced lineup with bats from both sides of the plate, and, for what it's worth, we'd be cutting salaries as well....gives us room to trade for a good but overpriced player in the final year of his deal that we could use.  Not sure who....but it is a possibility.

im all for dumping lee...im not sure about konerko..but if we did what you suggest then that money better go towards picking up maggs option and resigning bartolo long term

good question...if we could only afford to keep one..who would it be..konerko or colon???

Konerko is much more easily replacible. No question keep Bartolo.

check this out....frank thomas , who as we all know bats directly in front of these guys , is carrying a 472 obp...he has been on base 15 times and scored only one run..and that was when he drove himself in on a homer....maggs - konerko - lee (and daubach and rios to a lessor extent) are 0-14 in getting frank home when he gets on base...

:lolhitting  :bang

That is unbelievable and disgraceful.

Colon, no doubt about it.

Pitching wins games. You can find first baseman that could put up similar numbers to Konerko for less money. I'm one of Konerkos biggest fans (Been following him since he was a Dodger) but first baseman are easy to find. You could have someone like Derrick Lee and in our offense he'd be very good and defensively he's very good. You could even get someone like Eric Karros (For Cheap after this season) and have him put up similar production in a good lineup, imo.

Having an ace pitcher is what its all about. Look through the majors and any team with pitching will compete, no matter how crappy their offense is. Thats why the Cubs will likely compete this season, even though they may have the worse offense in baseball and without Sammy, potentially the worse offense in the history of baseball.

Think of it this way, take PK a way and you play Daubach at 1st, how much production do u really lose? Now take Colon away and insert Rauch into the rotation and how much production do you lose? Our rotation would be so weak (I know the potential is their, but potential means crap when it comes to competing/winning; production is what matters)