It was inevitable....

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
no love for your own school? :lol:

They're not gonna be in it...But, I stopped liking the ISU men's basketball program my Junior year there, because they were a bunch of jerks to me, as well as the dining center I managed and fellow employees. They thought their s*** didn't stick. I didn't appreciate them.

Go ISU in all else tho (especially baseball, which produced our very own Neal Cotts)!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I'd hate us too if I couldn't get in. :P  :P  ;)

It truly amazes me how dumb their entry requirements are. I got around a 3.7-3.8 GPA in high school; however, I got a 23 on my ACT, because I took it while a Sox/Cubs game was going on (I couldn't concentrate one bit!), and didn't get in solely due to that ACT score.

However, this black guy who was in the same graduating class of mine (NOT an athlete, fyi), gets a 3.0 GPA, 24 ACT, gets in JUST SO THEY CAN MEET SOME RACIAL QUOTA!

It's about time for society to get rid of affirmative action, because these african americans of today never experienced theh oppression their parents and grandparents faced.

Edited by BridgeportHeather

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
It's about time for society to get rid of affirmative action, because these african americans of today never experienced theh oppression their parents and grandparents faced.

Lady, you're preaching to the choir. Believe me, I'm here, and it ain't pretty.

If there was any doubt in my mind on the subject prior to coming here, it has all been washed away.

I echo that sentiment 110%.

However, it's important to note afirmative action doesn't just exist at this institution.

I got in to my high school mainly because I was white and go to an 99% black school. They needed to "diversify" the school. Anyways, I don't regret it. I love my school. BTW, I didn't do so fly on my High-School entrance test because it was at like 6 AM and I really didn't wanna do s*** BUT, I am now a Sophomore and got a 23-27 expected range on my PRE-ACT so It's all gooooooood!

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
It truly amazes me how dumb their entry requirements are.  I got around a 3.7-3.8 GPA in high school; however, I got a 23 on my ACT, because I took it while a Sox/Cubs game was going on (I couldn't concentrate one bit!), and didn't get in solely due to that ACT score.

However, this black guy who was in the same graduating class of mine (NOT an athlete, fyi), gets a 3.0 GPA, 24 ACT, gets in JUST SO THEY CAN MEET SOME RACIAL QUOTA!

Uhh...maybe your 23 had more to do with it than you think...

That's not exactly a score that's gonna 'wow' many schools, regardless of the silly excuse.

Sometimes you have to overcompensate just to even things out.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
They're not gonna be in it...But, I stopped liking the ISU men's basketball program my Junior year there, because they were a bunch of jerks to me, as well as the dining center I managed and fellow employees.  They thought their s*** didn't stick.  I didn't appreciate them.

Go ISU in all else tho (especially baseball, which produced our very own Neal Cotts)!

Maybe if you started a GO Illini thread it might jinx them. It worked in yesterdays Bulls -rockets thread you started ;)