JM has lost My Support

Chisoxfn

Last nights game was the final straw for me. I am sick of seeing him sit on the dugout with absolutely no emotion.

First off he made a stupid mistake letting Carlos Lee hit with a couple runners on. He should of pinch hit and brought in the lefty, Brian Daubach.

Then, Rowand through a guy out and he just sat in the dugout. Whats up with that JM? You don't need to turn into Larry Bowa but if an ump makes a mistake you get your butt out there and show the players you support them and if you think he's out (Which he was) then make a voice for yourself. Maybe the reason the team has such little attitude at times is because of you.

So often do they look bored out their and its ridiculous. I'm ready to fire him. I don't care what our record is, I can't see him taking the Sox to the next level (Which is winning the World Series). In my book its time for Bobby Valentine. Call ESPN up and hire him away from Baseball Tonight. Valentine knows how to spark a club and is a great manager, imo. He had a tough luck year last season with the Mets, but that was an injury riddled team that was greatly over-rated.

Last nights game was the final straw for me.  I am sick of seeing him sit on the dugout with absolutely no emotion.

First off he made a stupid mistake letting Carlos Lee hit with a couple runners on.  He should of pinch hit and brought in the lefty, Brian Daubach. 

Then, Rowand through a guy out and he just sat in the dugout.  Whats up with that JM?  You don't need to turn into Larry Bowa but if an ump makes a mistake you get your butt out there and show the players you support them and if you think he's out (Which he was) then make a voice for yourself.  Maybe the reason the team has such little attitude at times is because of you. 

So often do they look bored out their and its ridiculous.  I'm ready to fire him.  I don't care what our record is, I can't see him taking the Sox to the next level (Which is winning the World Series).  In my book its time for Bobby Valentine.  Call ESPN up and hire him away from Baseball Tonight.  Valentine knows how to spark a club and is a great manager, imo.  He had a tough luck year last season with the Mets, but that was an injury riddled team that was greatly over-rated.

I am glad you joined the collective reality about Manuel.

:fyou :finger :fyou :finger :fyou :finger :fyou :finger JM!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Last nights game was the final straw for me.  I am sick of seeing him sit on the dugout with absolutely no emotion.

lol......jas where ya been this is his natural position............would be nice to hear the words... "mr. backman your flight north is now boarding"..........wishful thinking i know..........

Manuel has fallen out of my favor as well; he made some dumb moves in KC as well.

Valentine is an interesting option, chisoxfn. I've been thinking Backman would be the guy to turn to, but a character like Valentine just might be what we need. He seems to know his stuff. Gonna mull this one over.....

Manuel has fallen out of my favor as well; he made some dumb moves in KC as well.

Valentine is an interesting option, chisoxfn.  I've been thinking Backman would be the guy to turn to, but a character like Valentine just might be what we need. He seems to know his stuff.  Gonna mull this one over.....

My thought is this team needs a manager that is well respected and has some clout. Having Valentine come in would really show how serious this club is and how they don't simply hire people they can control. (That may be the truth though).

Valentine would be able to come in and the Sox wouldn't lose any expectations. I truly think that Manuel needs to go. I haven't seen improvement fundementally and that was always supposed to be his strong suit. Sorry JM, but you didn't do it.

I was watching the Cubs game today, Alou made a great throw and it was incredibly close, I think the runner slid past the tag but the ball beat him there. Anyway he was called safe but Baker went on out and had a talk. He didn't get ejected, but he had least had a talk. He did it respectfully and then your talk gets something in the umps mind that the next call that goes mid line should go your way or at least more often then not it will, because they think they may have to make something up. Either way its good managing to protest close plays, especially when it involves a run.

Jerry Manuel isn't a good manager. I don't like how he handles lineups, and I really hate how he manages a bullpen. He does fine managing the rotation, imo. I really hate how he benchs guys when they are on fire. If a backup comes in and hits up a storm, you keep hitting him until he stops hitting.

The Angels would always do that last year. If someone on the bench like Bengi Gil or Orlando Palmerio were creaming the ball, they would be in and stay in until they cooled off. Got to go with the hot hand, Manuel just doesn't do that though and that is so stupid, imo.

Its not one stupid thing thats angered me and its not the teams record, its the fact that I don't believe he can take this team to the next level. I believe he's had enough time and I'm sick with a lot of his questionable calls. Every manager has questionable calls, but JM doesn't really manage.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Every manager has questionable calls, but JM doesn't really manage.

jas thats because kw wont let him.............. :lolhitting

First off he made a stupid mistake letting Carlos Lee hit with a couple runners on.  He should of pinch hit and brought in the lefty, Brian Daubach. 

Then, Rowand through a guy out and he just sat in the dugout.  Whats up with that JM?  You don't need to turn into Larry Bowa but if an ump makes a mistake you get your butt out there and show the players you support them and if you think he's out (Which he was) then make a voice for yourself.  Maybe the reason the team has such little attitude at times is because of you. 

So often do they look bored out their and its ridiculous.  I'm ready to fire him.  I don't care what our record is, I can't see him taking the Sox to the next level (Which is winning the World Series).  In my book its time for Bobby Valentine.  Call ESPN up and hire him away from Baseball Tonight.  Valentine knows how to spark a club and is a great manager, imo.  He had a tough luck year last season with the Mets, but that was an injury riddled team that was greatly over-rated.

I diasagree with you... and JM did storm out of the dugout at the ump when Rowand and Paul got Phillips

Didn't know that....I heard a few people say he didn't. I didn't have the game on, only saw the replays. I would of if it wasn't blacked out.

I have always been in the middle with Manuel mainly because the players always seem to respect him.

Michelle, I can't see KW making phone calls to Jerry during the game telling him who to put in. If thats the case then this organization absolutely blows and they will truly never win until they are all far away from Chicago.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Michelle, I can't see KW making phone calls to Jerry during the game telling him who to put in. If thats the case then this organization absolutely blows and they will truly never win until they are all far away from Chicago.

maybe they should just cut the phone cord in the dugout....then jerry could run his team like he should...........but i will say this, after maggs homer tonite he did get off his ass and go out to discuss the umps desire to not rule it a homer at first..................so he does move once in a while......

maybe they should just cut the phone cord in the dugout....then jerry could run his team like he should...........but i will say this, after maggs homer tonite he did get off his ass and go out to discuss the umps desire to not rule it a homer at first..................so he does move once in a while......

Well since I was mistaken on him not coming out on the earlier call, I will take back my comments to a point. Still I meant what I said about Carlos.

Agreed, he did a good job on the homer by Maggs. I do think that when a manager isn't vocal often it is good, because when they say something, everyone listens. Like if Bowa came up to me, I'd pretty much ignore his entire speil and if I heard a swear word, I'd just eject him. (Thats if I was an ump)

Then again, Jason, sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I can't see KW or JR hiring Bobby V. JR has a tendency to stay in house with his hires. He shows us that "most" of the time with both the Sox and the Bulls.